BCA Full Form: BCA stands for the full form of Bachelors in Computer Application. The course provides training to the students in developing, programming, networking, computer and mobile software, application development, etc. This course tends to be a sound academic option for those who want to build their career in Information Technology. The degree awarded for 3-year course BCA is equivalent to that of four years B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science.
BCA Full Form
- Strong database concepts
- Analytical Thinking
- Sound Programming knowledge
- Aspirants must have passed the higher secondary examination (10 +2) from any stream with a minimum aggregate score of 45% to 55% from a recognized university.
- In some colleges, the admission procedure may demand a written test or interview.
It takes three years to complete the course of Bachelor in Computer Application, full form of BCA. These three years are divided into six semesters.
The course fee varies between institutes. However, the average course fee ranges from Rs 70000 to Rs 200000
The subjects included in the course curriculum of BCA emphasises on database management systems, operating systems, software engineering, computer architecture, web technology and languages such as C, C++, HTML, Java etc. The course also involves the study of topics like Creative English, Communicative English, Financial Accounting, Algebra, Financial Management Graphic and Animation MultiMedia Applications etc/
With the IT sector playing the role of a significant employment provider in India, the value of a technical degree has increased. BCA graduates may avail lucrative job opportunities by building a career in Computer application, Information/ technology, Computer science and related field.
After getting awarded the BCA degree, the candidate becomes eligible for the job profiles of-
- Software tester- The job is to install, test and maintain the software.
- Junior Programmer- The job is to write codes for the given software.
- System Administrator- The job is to set up and maintain the system or server.
- Web Developer – The job is to develop Web applications and websites and to maintain it.
- System Engineer.- The job is to develop, test and evaluate circuits, software, etc.
A BCA graduate may also choose to pursue higher studies by completing a Masters in IT or Computer Application.
The average starting salary for a BCA pass out is Rs 200000 – Rs 700000.
Some of the top educational institutes providing the course are
Christ University, Bangalore; Symbiosis International, Pune; Amity University, Noida; Institute of Management Studies, Noida; DAV college Chandigarh, etc.
People Also Reading: