Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL), for recruiting the vacant central government positions of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Data Entry Operator and other Group C vacancies at ministries of Government of India. The exam is conducted almost every year and millions of candidates apply every year for just few thousand vacancies.
The SSC CHSL syllabus contain four section which are given below:
- General Aptitude.
- General Knowledge.
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Pattern
SSC has conducted the CHSL Exam in 3 Tiers:
Tier 1: It is a preliminary exam on the following four topics –.
- English, .
- General Intelligence, .
- General Awareness.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
Each Section contain 20 Question with 50 marks, and time limit is 60 minutes( 1 Hrs).
Tier 2: It is the descriptive round in which candidates need to attempt only 2 questions based on essay and letter writing. This round is of 100 marks with 50 marks for each question.
Tier 3: This round is for skill testing.
Best Books for SSC Tier I
This section is considered as one of the easiest section of the whole exam. Here you can score very well by putting little efforts. It checks the smartness and presence of mind of the candidates
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey.
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihent.
Quantitative Aptitude is also the most important sections of SSC CHSL. It definitely plays a vital role in your success in the Tier I exam.
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal.
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma.
- NCERT Maths Books.
- Quantitative Abilities Arithmetic Ability by Kiran Prakashan.
English section is the most important and difficult section, Because this is the section in which most of the participants flunk to score good. The section comprises of questions based on spelling, grammar, idioms, vocabulary and phrases.
- Objective General English by S. P. Bakshi.
- Common Errors in English by Kiran Prakashan.
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- General Knowledge by Lucent Publication.
- Manorama Yearbook .