BPSC Syllabus: The conducting authority (Bihar Public service Commission) has released BPSC 64th Combined Preliminary & Mains Examination Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018 along with the BPSC 64th Combined Examination Notification. Candidates can download it from the official website or below given link. Candidates will also get the complete exam pattern and merit list, cut off and all the information related important topics for the examination, preparation plan, what should be the preparation strategy for cracking BPSC 64th Combined Preliminary Examination. Through this article, candidates will get complete information about BPSC Syllabus 2018-19.
BPSC Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||64th Combined Examination Prelims|
|Conducting authority||Bihar Public service Commission BPSC|
|Total Vacancy||1255 Posts|
|Exam Date||Update Soon|
|Category||Admit Card / Hall Ticket|
Complete Syllabus for BPSC 64 Combined Competitive Prelims 2018
As it is very important to candidates, they must be well versed with the Bihar Administrative Service (BPSC) Exam Pattern or BPSC Syllabus. Through the help of syllabus, candidates must be familiar or it’s easier for them for preparation. Through the help of exam pattern candidates will know how many questions will be asked in the examination, total marks of the question paper, medium of the examination, the difficulty level of the examination, marking scheme and other important details. The syllabus for Preliminary Examination is comprised from the three sections which are listed below. Selection Procedure is completely based on the performance in the written test. So, it is advised to the candidates that please must be well versed with BPSC 64th Syllabus and Pattern.
- General Studies
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
Those who are not well versed with the BPSC Preliminary Examination they must be well versed with the BPSC Syllabus and Exam pattern.
General Knowledge Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
- Countries and Capitals
- Famous Books & Authors
- General Science
- Environmental Issues
- Indian History
- Famous Days & Dates
- Indian Parliament
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Famous Places in India
- Rivers, Lakes and, Seas
- Indian Politics
- Indian Economy
- Current Affairs
Logical Ability Syllabus for BPSC Preliminary Examination
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Alphabet Series
- Embedded Figures
- Cubes and Dice
- Clocks & Calendars
- Data Interpretation
- Statements & Arguments
- Non-Verbal Series
- Number Series
- Decision Making
- Number Ranking
- Statements & Conclusions
- Blood Relations
- Mirror Images
Download Complete Syllabus:
BPSC 64th Combined Syllabus for Mains Exam
BPSC Mains Syllabus is covered from the General Studies Paper I and Paper II which are given section wise:
General Studies Paper I
- Modern History of India & India Culture
- Current Events of national and international importance
- Statistical analysis, graph, and diagrams
General Studies Paper II
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy and Geography of India
- The role and impact of science & technology in the development of India.
Detailed Syllabus for BPSC Mains Examination
This paper is the qualifying type of papers. Candidates need to qualify it into any condition. This paper also contains 100 marks. The difficulty level is similar as you find in the Bihar School Education Board (BSEB). General Hindi Paper Contain essay section which carrying 30 Marks, Grammar section contains 30 Marks, Syntax sectio contains 25 marks, Summarization Section Contains 15 Marks.
General Studies Paper I
- Modern History of India and Indian culture (History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of nineteenth century, the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, the Quit India Movement, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru)
- Current events of national and international importance
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams ( Questions to test the ability to draw conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatical information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies)
General Studies Paper II
- Indian Polity ( Questions based on the political system in India including Bihar)
- Indian economy and Geography of India (Questions on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar)
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India (Questions to test awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar with special reference to applied science)
Optional Paper for BPSC Mains Examination
In mains, examination candidates need to choose one optional subjects from the 34 optional subjects which are listed below. The optional subjects contain 300 Marks. The time duration is given to solve this optional paper is 3 Hours. This syllabus is similar like you have studied in your three years degree program from the Patna University.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- Hindi Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
BPSC Exam Pattern for Preliminary & Mains Examination
From the below-given table, candidates will get complete exam pattern of the BPSC Examination.
|Stage of BPSC Exam||Type of Exam||Mode||Total Marks||Duration|
|Mains||Subjective||Offline||900 ( 3 Papers of 300 marks each)||3 Hours for each Paper|
BPSC 64th Combined Competitive Prelims Exam Pattern 2018
|Examination Type||Subject Names||Max. Marks||Test Duration|
|Objective Type||General Studies||150||2 Hours|
- Preliminary Examination is conducted only for qualifying purpose.
- Question Paper will be asked in the bilingual (Hindi & English).
- The is no negative marking.
- For each question, 4 option will be given for the answers.
- Question papers will be asked from the three sections.
- A total of 150 marks Paper Held.
BPSC Exam Pattern for Mains Examination:
Here we have listed BPSC Mains Exam pattern in the tabular forms.
|Stage of Exam||Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 1||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper 2||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
- Candidates need to score qualifying marks only in the generaHindidi section.
- Total marks of the examination are around 900.
- Candidates who secured qualifying marks will be called for Interview Process.
Interview Process for BPSC Examination:
Candidates who cleared mains examination successfully, the authority called only such candidates for the interview process. The interview process contains 120 Marks. Those who cleared the interview process then they need to wait for the final merit list, the result will be declared according to the final merit list which will be prepared from the total marks (900 for mains+120 for interview).
Selection Procedure for BPSC Preliminary Examination
Only those candidates will eligible to sit in the written examination who are shortlisted after the application process for the preliminary examination. Those who shortlisted after the application processes their admit card will be issued by the conducting authority. In the admit card their Date of the examination and the venue of the Preliminary Examination will be given on the Admit Card. Then candidates will sit in the preliminary written examination.
Note: Those who are successfully cleared the written examination will be for Interview. Here we have listed all the process which candidates have to go through for selection in the BPSC 64th Combined Examination.
- Written Exam
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personal Interview
- Document verification
BPSC Merit List/Cut off
After successful conduction of the BPSC Preliminary Examination, the authority will release merit list for those candidates who have successfully cleared Bihar PSC 64th Combined Prelims exam. The merit list will be prepared from candidates’ performance in the written examination. Those who have scored higher marks in the preliminary written examination will get higher ranks in the merit list will get selected for mains examination which will be followed by the interview and final merit list. The final merit list will be prepared from the total marks obtained in the mains examination and written examination.