CAT 2019 (Common Admission Test) notification will be released in the month of July 2019. As per the last year trends, the application form filling process will start in the month of August 2019. Common Admission Test is a top level management entrance examination organized by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis every year. For admission in MBA, PGDM, and other management courses which are offered IIMs and other top business schools in India such as SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, NITIE, etc scorecard are required. Here candidates can get the details about application form, including how to apply, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
CAT 2019 Notification will be released soon.
CAT 2019 Highlights
|CAT Exam 2019 Conducting Institute||IIM Kozhikode (Expected)|
|Exam Mode||Only Online|
|Exam Date||4th Week of November 2019 (Expected)|
|Exam Question Types||MCQs and TITA (Type In The Answer)|
|Application Mode||Online Only|
CAT Exam Dates 2019
CAT Exam Dates has been released now, Check below:
|Notification will release||July 2019|
|Online registration starts||8th August 2019|
|Last date for registration||Last week of September 2019|
|Application correction||4th to last week of September 2019|
|Admit card release||24th October 2019|
|Mock Test Release||October 2019|
|Exam date||25th November 2019|
|Answer key & question paper release||1st week of December 2019|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2019|
|Result announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
CAT Application Form 2019
Here we discuss the about CAT Application Form:
- CAT Application Form will be available on Online Mode only.
- The Application form will be available from 8th August 2019 (Expected).
- The last date of filling the application form will be the last week of September 2019.
- Candidates can visit the CAT official website to fill the CAT Application Form.
- Fill the required details carefully such as Personal Details, Educational Details, and other required details.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature.
- CAT Application from correction facility will be available from 4th week of September 2019.
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee in the online mode.
- After filling all the Details and payment take a print out of the Application form and save it for the future use.
How to fill CAT Application Form – Click Here
- CAT Application fee will be payable only Online Mode.
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee through Credit/Debit Card or by Internet Banking.
|General/ OBC Category||Rs. 1800/-|
CAT Eligibility Criteria:
Before you may go filling application form check your Eligibility Criteria exam which is given here:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, candidates must have scored minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age limit for CAT.
CAT Exam Pattern
Here we discuss the Exam Pattern, Check Below:
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours). 60minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: Total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions(MCQs), one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted. There will be no penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non-MCQs in CAT Exam.
- The 3 section are CAT 2019: Verbal ability and & Reading comprehensive(VARC), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning(DILR); Quantitative Aptitute(QA).
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Syllabus 2019
The most desired management entrance exam in India have not any prescribed syllabus, but with the basis of previous year question papers and other trends below are the important topics which we need to prepared for CAT Exam. CAT Syllabus is comprised of four sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
How to prepare for CAT 2019?
Here we have listed some Preparation Strategy for CAT Examination:
- Make a proper time table for preparation.
- Review your syllabus.
- Try to discover your weak point and find out how to overcome them.
- Try to solve more and more problem every day.
- Try to select Best Books for CAT Examination Preparation.
- Solve a lot of previous year question papers will help you and give an idea about the difficulty level.
- Attempt mock test.
- Manage your timing.
- Stress-free and take proper rest.
CAT Admit Card 2019
CAT Admit Card 2019 will be available from 24th October 2019, candidates can download their admit card from the official website of the CAT. Candidates can download their admit card by entering Registration No, and Password. The Admit Card contains the detail like Candidates Name, Exam Dates, Candidates Photograph, Signature, Exam Center, etc.
CAT Answer Key 2019
Once the exam will be conducted successfully by the IIM Kozhikode then Answer Key will be released after one week of the exam via online on the official website. From the answer keys, candidates can evaluate their performance in the Examination. The authority gives a facility i.e. objection against the incorrect answer. If any answer they found wrong in the answer keys then they can objection for this.
CAT Result 2019
IIM Kozhikode will release CAT Result 2019 on 2nd to 3rd week of January 2019. Those who appeared for CAT exam can download CAT result from the official website by entering their application number and password in the application form. In CAT result candidates scores are also mentioned which are useful for admission in the IIMs. The CAT result will be available via online mode. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to down the scorecard.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on download scorecard button.
- Fill the required details in the result form.
- Click on the download button.
- Take a printout of CAT Admit card for future reference.
CAT Cut Off 2019
Cut off are minimum marks which are required to crack the exam. Cut Off is calculated on the basis of candidates appeared for the examination, difficulty level of the exam, and seat availability in the different IIMs. Every IIMs have their own cut-off but here we are listed a common cut off score for each category with section wise.
Those who successfully clear the examination and shortlisted for one of the IIMs and for other participated institutes can go for a Counseling Process. Some IIMs also consider past academic marks and work experience while counseling. Those who shortlisted in Written examination will go for some other test.
- Written Ability test
- Group Discussion
- Group Activity
- Extempore Activities
- Personal Interview round
Final selection is the base final performance over all the phases.
Some new IIMs conduct their own common admission process(CAP). For this, they made their own Written Ability Test and Personal Interview rounds.
IIMs will be responsible to release the final shortlisted candidate’s list for the various IIMs.