IIM CAT Exam 2020 was conducted on November 29 in CBT Mode(Computer Based Exam). The Exam was conducted across 157 Cities. The application process began on August 5, 2020. Common Admission Test is a top level management entrance examination organized by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Indore on a rotational basis every year. For admission in MBA, PGDM, and other management courses which are offered IIMs and other top business schools in India such as SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, NITIE, etc. scorecard is required. Here candidates can get complete information about CAT 2020.
CAT Latest Update:
- CAT Exam is Over Now, Check CAT Exam Analysis Here.
What is CAT Exam?
IIM CAT Exam (Common Admission Test) is one of the most popular exams for the Management Courses in India, Every Year the exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, and thousands of the students appear in the CAT Exam. This year the CAT Exam conducted by the IIM Indore on 29th November 2020 in the CBT Mode(Computer Based Test). The Examination will be held in around 425 Centers in India. the Complete Guideline for the exam provided in the CAT Admit Card by the authority.
CAT Exam Highlights
|Test Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducted by||IIM Indore|
|Exam type||National level|
|Periodicity||Once in a year|
|Score Availability||Last week of December|
|Pattern of Test||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Test Duration||3 hours|
|Negative Marking||+3 for every correct answer
-1 for each wrong answer in MCQs
No negative marking for Non-MCQs or TITA
|Syllabus||Questions from VARC, QA and DI & LR|
|Mode of Conduct||Computer-based test|
|CAT 2020 Conducting body||IIM Indore|
CAT Exam Dates
The dates for CAT 2020 are given below:
|Notification Released on||Last week of July 2020|
|Online Registration Starts From||August 5, 2020|
|Last date for Registration||September 16, 2020|
|Form Correction||September 27 – 29, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||October 28, 2020|
|Mock Test Starts Form||October 16, 2020|
|CAT Aptitude Test||November 29, 2020|
|Responses released||1st week of December|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of December|
|Result Announcement||1st week of January 2021|
Here we discuss the about CAT Application Form:
- CAT Application Form available on Online Mode only.
- The Application form was available from August 5, 2020
- The last date of filing the application form is September 16, 2020
- Candidates can visit the CAT official website to fill the CAT Application Form.
- Fill the required details carefully, such as Personal Details, Educational Details, and other required details.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature.
- CAT Application form correction facility will be available from last week of September 2020
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee in the online mode.
- After filling all the details and payment take a print out of the Application form and save it for future use.
- CAT Application fee will be payable only Online Mode.
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee through Credit/Debit Card or by Internet Banking.
|General/ OBC Category||Rs. 1900/-|
Before filling the CAT form 2020, check out the Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, candidates must have scored minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age limit for CAT.
- Best CAT Mock Tests
- CAT Application Form Correction
- CAT Participating Institutes
- How to Fill CAT Application Form
CAT Exam Pattern
Below is the Exam Pattern for CAT 2020,
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours). 60minutes duration will be allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple-choice questions(MCQs), one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted. There will be no penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non-MCQs in the CAT Exam.
- The 3 section are CAT 2020: Verbal ability and & Reading comprehensive(VARC), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning(DILR); Quantitative Aptitute(QA).
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
The most desired management entrance exam in India does not have any prescribed syllabus, but on the basis of previous year question papers and other trends below are the important topics that we need to prepare for CAT Exam. CAT Syllabus is comprised of four sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
Also Check: CAT 2020 Important Topics
CAT Admit Card 2020 was available from October 28, 2020. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of the CAT. They will have to enter their Registration No and Password. The CAT Admit Card contains the detail like Candidates Name, Exam Dates, Candidates Photograph, Signature, Exam Center, etc.
CAT Exam Centers
CAT 2020 Exam will be held approx 157 cities all over India. the authority has been released the Exam Guide Line for the Exam, the CAT 2020 Exam was held on 29 November 2020, Check Below the CAT Exam Centers.
|Exam State||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Tirupati, Visakhapatnam, Kurnool, Chirala, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada|
|Assam||Silchar, Guwahati, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Patna, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Purnea, Darbhanga, Aurangabad|
|Chattisgarh||Raipur, Bhilai, Bilaspur|
|Gujarat||Surat, Rajkot, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand|
|Haryana||Karnal, Hisar, Panipat, Ambala, Rohtak, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu, Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Belagavi(Belgaum), Dharwad, Hubballi(Hubli), Kalaburagi(Gulbarga), Mangaluru(Mangalore), Shivamogga(Shimoga), Udupi|
|Kerala||Trivandrum, Kannur, Kollam, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Ujjain, Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Satna, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Nagpur, Amravati, Pune, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad-Maharashtra, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Nanded, Nashik, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Raigad|
|Odisha||Sambalpur, Cuttack, Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Dhenkanal, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Sikar, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu||Madurai, Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
After the exam is conducted, the IIM organizing the test this year will release the answer key. From the answer keys, candidates can evaluate their performance in the examination. The authority gives a facility, i.e. objection against the incorrect answer. If any answer they found wrong in the answer keys then they can make an objection to this.
The IIM conducting the test will release the result of the exam in the third week of January 2021. Those who appeared for CAT exam can download CAT results from the official website by entering their application number and password in the application form. In CAT result, candidates scores are also mentioned which are useful for admission in the IIMs. The CAT result will be available via online mode. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to down the scorecard.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the download scorecard button.
- Fill the required details in the resulting form.
- Click on the download button.
- Take a printout of the CAT Admit card for future reference.
Cut off are minimum marks which are required to crack the exam. CAT Cut Off is calculated on the basis of candidates who appeared for the examination, difficulty level of the exam, and seat availability in the different IIMs. Every IIMs have their own cut-off, but here we are listed a common cut off score for each category with section-wise.
|IIM||EXPECTED CUT OFF 2020 (PERCENTILE)|
Those who successfully clear the examination and shortlisted for one of the IIMs and for other participated institutes can go for a Counseling Process. Some IIMs also consider past academic marks and work experience while counselling. Those who shortlisted in Written examination will go for some other test.
- Written Ability test
- Group Discussion
- Group Activity
- Extempore Activities
- Personal Interview round
Final selection is based on the performance of the applicant in all the four processes. Some new IIMs conduct their own common admission process(CAP). For this, they made their own Written Ability Test and Personal Interview rounds. IIMs will be responsible for releasing the final shortlisted candidate’s list for the various items.
How to prepare for CAT?
Below are few tips for Preparation Strategy for CAT 2020 examination:
- Make a proper time table for preparation.
- Review your syllabus.
- Try to discover your weak point and find out how to overcome them.
- Try to solve more and more problems every day.
- Try to select Best Books for CAT Examination Preparation.
- Solve a lot of previous year question papers will help you and give an idea about the difficulty level.
- Attempt mock test.
- Manage your timing.
- Stress-free and take proper rest.
People are also reading: