It is expected that CAT 2018 will be organized by IIM Delhi. In this year it has to be conducted by the IIM Lucknow. For those who seeking to admission in IIMs and top business school are going for the preparation. They are looing towards the CAT Important topics which they need to prepare before the examination. So here we are going to tell you the important topics. As you need to aware about the CAT exam pattern. The marks in the given for each section will be similar.
CAT 2018-19 Exam Dates has been released, Click Here to Check.
CAT Important Topics 2018
CAT includes 3 sections-
- Quantitative Aptitude(QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
Each section of the test has a few important topics which a student must cover. so, check the important topics of CAT for preparations.
Here we are listed previous year weightage in the question papers.
|Geometry and Trigonometry||25-30%||28-32%||26-30%|
|Functions and Graphs||8-10%||6-8%||8-10%|
|P&C and Probability||3-5%||4-6%||3-5%|
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Number System: Ensure that you are clear with the basic concepts of this topic.
- Arithmetic: Though Arithmetic has a vast number of sub-topics, in the last 3 years, only a couple of questions have featured from this topic.
- Algebra: Considering this has been one of the most dominant topics in CAT in the last three years, it makes a lot of sense to place extra emphasis on this topic.
- Geometry: Another topic which has featured quite a lot in the last few years.
- Permutation & Combination/Probability: This is another topic that contributes around one to two questions to the exam.
- Miscellaneous Topics: This includes Set Theory, Trigonometry, and Logarithms
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Data Sufficiency
- Bar Graph
- Family Tree
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Assumptions & Statements
- Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
for more information & query regarding CAT 2018, leave a query in below comment box
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.