Common Admission Test (CAT) is a top level management entrance examination organized by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis every year. Interested candidates can apply through online mode only. For admission in MBA, PGDM, and other management courseswhich is offered IIMs and other top business schools in India such as SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, NITIE etc CAT scorecard are required. IIM Delhi will conducts CAT 2018 on November 2018(Tentative). Every year more than two lakh aspirants apply for CAT exam. Here candidates can get the details about CAT 2018 application form, including how to apply, exam dates, eligibility, pattern etc.
CAT 2018 Important Exam dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Expected)|
|CAT 2018 Official Notification||1st week of August 2018|
|Start of CAT 2018 Online Registrations||1st or 2nd week of August 2018|
|Last Day of Registrations||3rd or 4th week of September 2018|
|Correction Window||Last week of September 2018|
|Issuance of CAT 2018 Admit Cards||3rd week of October 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||3rd or 4th week of November 2018|
|Declaration of CAT 2018 Results||1st or 2nd week of January 2019|
Registration: Candidates are advised to register and submit their CAT 2018 exam applications form well before 27th September 2018. The CAT 2018 registration process will be completely ONLINE.
|CAT 2018 Conducting Body||IIM Delhi|
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||December 2018|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria||Graduation with 50%|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Types and Number of Questions||MCQ and Non-MCQ (100 Questions)|
|Sections||3 (Quantitative Ability, Verbal & Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning)|
|CAT Help Desk||1800-2663-549 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Before you may go filling application form check your eligibility for CAT 2018 exam which are given here:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, candidates must have scored minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age limit for CAT.
- Foriegns candidates can apply with their GMAT Score.
CAT Application Form:
CAT 2018 Application form will be available in the month of August 2018. Candidates can apply via official website. The application process will be only online mode. Follow the below given steps to apply for CAT Exam.
How to Apply
Those who are seeking to admission in IIMs or other top business schools for management schools can register themselves via the official website @iimcat.aa.in. The application procedure for filling the application form is mentioned here:
- Visit the official website which are given above.
- Register yourself by entering your email ID and mobile number.
- After completion of the registration process, the User ID and password will be generated. It will be sent to the candidate’s mail ID and registered mobile number.
- Login your account using system generated User ID and password.
- Application process involves 5 sections namely personal details, academics, work experience, programmes and payment.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, category & PwD certificate in the prescribed format.
- Pay the requisite application fee through online mode.
- At last, take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future references.
CAT Application Fee
Candidates can pay application fee via offline and online mode:
- For online mode candidates can pay via credit card/debit card.
- For offline mode can pay via e-challan form.
CAT Admit Card
Those who successfully registered for the CAT exam can avail to download their CAT Admit Card via online and from the official website. Follow the below given instruction and download your admit card:
- Login in the official website.
- Enter the required details into the form.
- Click on Download Admit card link.
- Then admit card will be generated in your computer screen.
- Download it and review with your original documents.
- Take a printout of admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
CAT Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours). 60minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: Total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions(MCQs), one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted. There will be not penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non MCQs in CAT 2018 Exam.
- The 3 section are CAT 2018: Verbal ability and & Reading comprehensive(VARC), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning(DILR); Quantitative Aptitute(QA).
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
The most desired management entrance exam in India have not any prescribed syllabus, but with the basis of previous year question papers and other trends below are the important topics which we need to prepared for CAT Exam. CAT Syllabus is comprises in four section:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Reading Comprehensation
- Sentence Correction
- Critical Reasoning
- Para Jumbles
- Vocabulary Based(Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Para Completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Verbal Reasoning
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Geometry-Straight Lines and Circles Being the most important
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Profit,Loss And Discount
- Interest(Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time And Work
- Ratio And Proporation
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Permutations And Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures And Allegations
- Games and Touraments
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Deduction
- Logical DI(Combination of DI representation and a logic based caselet)
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Venn Diagrams
How to prepare
Here we are listed some preparation strategy for CAT Examination:
- Make proper time table for preparation.
- Review your syllabus.
- Try to discover your weak point and find out how to overcome them.
- Try to solve more and more problem every day.
- Try to select best study material for CAT Examination preparation.
- Solve lot of previous year question papers will help you and give the idea about the difficulty level.
- Attempt mock test.
- Manage your timing.
- Stress free and take a proper rest.
CAT 2018 Exam Centers
In 2017, CAT was held in 140 cities all over India. Yet, for 2018 the exam centers has not been announced, here we are listed the exam centers of 2017 which are as follows:
|Exam State||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Palwal, Panipath, Rohtak, Sonipath|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Chikballapur, Davanagere, Hasan, Kolar, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Ramnagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi|
|Kerala||Kasaragod, Kochi, Kollam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara, Solapur, Thane|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Sliliguri|
CAT Answer Key
Once the exam will be conducted successfully by the IIM Delhi then answer key will released after one week of exam via online in the official website. From the answer keys candidates can evaluate their performance in the Examination. The authority gives a facility i.e. objection against the incorrect answer. If any answer they found wrong in the answer keys then they can objection for this.
IIM Delhi will released CAT 2018 result on 2nd to 3rd week of January 2019. Those who appeared for CAt exam can download CAT result from the official website by entering their application number and password in the application form. In CAT result candidates scores are also mentioned which are useful for admission in the IIMs. The CAT result will be available via online mode. Candidates can follow the below given steps to down the scorecard.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on download scorecard button.
- fill the required details in the result form.
- then click on download button.
- Take a printout of this admit card.
CAT Cut off
Cut off are minimum marks are required to crack the exam. It is calculated on the basis of candidates appeared for the examination, difficulty level of the exam, and seats availability in the different IIMs. As Every IIMs have their own cut off but here we are listed a common cut off score for each category with section wise.
Those who successfully clear the examination and shortlisted for one of the IIMs and for other participated institutes can go for a counseling process. Some IIMs also consider past academic marks and work experience while counseling. Those who shortlisted in Written examination will go for the some other test.
- Written Ability test
- Group Discussion
- Group Activity
- Extempore Activities
- Personal Interview round
Final selection is the base final performance over all the phases.
Some new IIMs conduct their own common admission process(CAP). For this they made their own Written Ability Test and Personal Interview rounds.
IIMs will be responsible to release the final shortlisted candidates list for the various IIMs.