Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) department is going to organize the CDS exam on 8th November 2020. The paper consists of three subjects- General knowledge, English and Elementary Mathematics. All papers have 100 marks with a time duration of 2 hours. Firstly, you should get proper UPSC CDS Study material such as CDS Exam previous question papers, books, and notes topic wise etc. In this article, you will get CDS Important topics for preparation after go through with these topics you may crack easily CDS Exam.
CDS Important Topics 2020
UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus for English
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Jumbled Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Finding errors and omissions etc covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
CDS Exam Syllabus PDF of General Knowledge
- Knowledge of current topics
- knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues
- Indian Economy covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Current happening in the field of business, politics, sports, entertainment etc.
- Monuments of India
- Books and Authors name
- Indian Navy & Military
- Banking Sector
- Universities covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Books & Authors covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Sports – Awards etc.
Combined Defence Service Exam Syllabus for Elementary Mathematics
- Number System: Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions
- Unitary method: time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Click here to download CDS Preparation Tips
- Basic Operations
- Simple factor
- Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M
- Theory of polynomials
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- The relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions
- Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees,
- Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees,
- Simple trigonometric identities,
- Use of trigonometric tables,
- simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles,
- Plane and plane figures,
- Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book).
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones.
- Cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Graphical representation frequency polygons
- Histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
- Measures of central tendency
People are also reading: