Most searched question clicking in our min i.e What is Civil Engineering?
The answer for this if you are interested in designing something and interested in creativity and building something big and other work is done by civil engineers. Then civil engineering is the branch where you can proof your ability and build your career as an civil engineers.
Is was previously known as “Military Engineering” and oldest branch in engineering.
The biggest example of civil engineers who design and create some thing having some example as Taj Mahal, Eifel Tower, Dubai Resort, great wall of China etc. What they give us is the biggest example of civil engineers.
On 1828, in London is was declared as professional programms.
“Civil Engineering is the craftsmanship and system of coordinating the power in nature for utilize and accommodation of man. It is a craftsmanship to make the created world around us.”
There are various field in which civil engineers lead us towards the development which are given below
- Roads constructions
- Building constructions
- Port constructions
- River and township planning & construction
After the computer science civil engineering is biggest branch in engineering
The civil engineering are follows as
- Diploma courses, 3 years courses popularly known as Polytechnic.
- UG courses, 4 years courses known as B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology).
- PG courses, 2 year courses known as M.Tech (Master of Technology).
- PhD (Doctorate In Philosophy) is also the leading courses for research fields.
Courses related to the civil engineering
- Diploma in Civil & Rural Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Ceramics & Cement Technology
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil & Transportation Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Civil Structural Design
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Building Technology & Construction Management
For these diploma, under graduate, post graduate courses you need to be eligible, So here we are listed the eligibility criteria:
- For diploma courses you will be eligible after completion of 10th.
- For U.G courses (B.E/B.tech) courses you will be eligible, if you have completed your 12th standard.
- You must have mathematics in your qualification examination for admission in diploma as well as bachelor degree courses.
- For PG (M.Tech) courses, Candidates must have a Computer Science & Engineering degree.
The civil engineering programs is derived in to the following stream for designing, constructions and many more
- Materials Science And Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Municipal or Urban Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Control Engineering
There are various institutions and colleges which are offering civil engineering courses, they can be regular, distance and online education centers. If you want to become a successful civil engineers you need to complete your civil engineering from the recongnized university and institutions
For admission into the civil engineering courses, you need to qualify JEE main, JEE Advanced (national level exam) which is conducted by the CBSE for online and offline mode, for M.etch programs you need to qualify GATE Examination which offers admission in M.tech programs which is offerd by the IITs.
Some reputed colleges given below, from various students got a civil engineering degree and become a civil engineer and now represented top firm all over the world.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal
Jobs & Career
“There are various opportunity is awaiting for Civil Engineers in both sectors”.
Civil engineer plays an important role in the development of country. Every country is moving towards the development either they are developed or developing.
This is only field where you can earn much and more salary package as compared to other branch.
these type fo engineer are involved in building developers, town developer, canal works, city planners, road & rail transport developer, dam & bridge developer and any workplace wherein the building/construction/physical creativity or natural resourcing creativity is involved.
Here we are listed top companies and firm, after completing their engineering students will go for the placement on these companies.
- Emmar Properties
- Marafiz Contracting
- European Contracting
- Ralls Contracting
- Black Cat Eng
- Sedrat Al Khaleej
- Silver Falkon
- MedGulfPunj Lloyds Ltd
- White Young
- Shapoorji and Pallonji
- Al Jadeed
- Double Crown
- Specialized Contracting
- Unicon Development Constructions
- PAC Constructions
The most important question arises in every students mind after completing b.tech in civil engineering how much salary they have to gain from the top MNC’s or companies, So in India a civil engineer got 5 lakh per annum upto 20+ lakh per annum package from the companies where as in foreign student get $60000/annum to $100000/annum package from the compaines
There is no criterion of salary for the brilliant or experienced candidate.
Book & Study Material
For achieving the degree of civil engineering you need to select the best books in your entire academic session either that is four year course or 3 year diploma course. In entire academic session you will learn design, hydraulics, construction, earth mechanism, soil mechanism, construction management, computer methods, structural machine, environmental nature & issues and traffic & transport. So here we are going to share with you the best books for civil engineering by which you can crack it easily.
|Basic Civil Engineering||S Ramamrutham|
|Basic Civil Engineering||Satheesh Gopi|
|Basics of Civil Engineering||Subhash Chander|
|Basic Structural Analysis||C.S. Reddy|
|Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design||N Krishna Raju|
|Analysis of Structures||T S Thandavamoorthy|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Donald P Coduto|
|Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering||Steven L Kramor|
|Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics||Modi|