Gate 2018: IIT Guwahati released answer key for CS, IN, ME and Chem stream. GATE is the top level engineering entrance exam conducted by one of the IITs in rotational basis for admission in post graduate courses in engineering and technology. Through GATE aspirants can get admission in the M.tech/ Ph.D Programs which is offered by IITs , IISc, IISERs and some other government and private institutions through GATE score. One of the IITs/IISC organized the exam in rotational basis. In 2018 IIT Guwahati take all the responsibilities of the GATE Exam. GATE scorecard is also the eligibility criteria for recruitment process to the government and top private organizations in technical domains.
GATE 2018 Score Card has been released on 20th March 2018. Candidates can download it through GOAPS login. Click here to get score card.
Gate 2018 Answer Key Released Click Here
On 4th January 2018 GATE Admit Card has been released by the IIT Guwahati. Click here to download admit card/hall ticket.
GATE Mock Test is available now (various courses) for practice. Attempt Now Mock Test and get Preparation Tips.
IIT Guwahati has been released the rejected GATE 2018 Application now. Click here to check the list.
IIT Guwahati has been released the duplicate GATE 2018 Applications. Click here to check the list.
NOTE: There will be no chance provided to the applicants for correcting their particulars data from GATE Application Form. It is advised to those candidates who did not verify their Email and Mobile Number during the Application Form submission need to verify their Email and Mobile Number by logging in the GOAPS portal.
GATE 2018 Registration has been closed now on 9th October 2017 (8:00 PM). Click here to get registration details.
IIT Guwahati has been released GATE 2018 Information Bulletin. Download now.
GATE 2018 Exam Date
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st September 2017|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||9th October 2017 (Extended)
|Last Date for correction in Gender, Category & PwD status||28th October 2017|
|Correction in examination city||13th – 17th November 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||4th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date||3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th February 2018(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
(Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
|Answer Key Released On||Within a few days after examination|
|Result Declaration||17th March 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commence||Second week of April 2018|
|Exam Name||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Guwahati|
|Mode of Examination||Online – Computer Based Test|
|No. of Papers & Questions||23 | 65|
|Total Marks & Maximum Score||100 | 1000|
|Duration of GATE 2018||3 Hours|
|No. of Test Takers||Over 9 lac|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
|GATE Helpdesk||0361-258-6500 | email@example.com|
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download the Admit card from the GOAPS website. IIT Guwahati will not be sent admit card via email/post. Those who have successfully registered for GATE 2018 and did not receive any message for duplicate and defective application form can download their Hall ticket from 4th January 2018. It is advised to candidates that please take a copy of ID proof along with your admit card.
ID proof may be any of these:
Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. From international students, only valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as ID proof.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 exam pattern are listed below:
- Course: IT is conducted by IIT in rotational basis for M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs , IISc and various other institutions.
- Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is held for total 23 papers. Candidates can appear for only one of the 23 papers.
- Mode of Examination: The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 3 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common for all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).x
- New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer 1/3 marks deducted from the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE Virtual Calculator
GATE virtual calculator is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations. The virtual calculator will be provided during online examination. Physical calculator will not be allowed in the examination hall. Candidates need to use the virtual calculator for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
GATE exam will conducted for 23 (Stream) Papers. For each discipline syllabus is different. For a good preparation, to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked is important . Describing the complete syllabus of GATE in overview to difficult but Candidates can download the GATE 2018 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL from the official site.
How to Prepare For GATE 2018
With the hard and full dedication towards GATE Exam Preparation will give you the success. So, it is advised to the students that be keep and calm and cool and stay stress free. We are listing here few preparation tips for GATE 2018, follow them blindly:
- Review your syllabus for which you are preparing.
- Prepare your schedule as per the daily basis as well as for monthly basis.
- Divide you study hours according to your subjects.
- Try to finding your strength and weakness.
- Practice a lot of Previous Years Question Papers.
- Attempt online Mock Tests.
- Select the best study material and book for covering GATE syllabus.
- Take care of your health.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
Gate 2018 Answer key has been released click here to view
Once the exam will be conducted successfully by the authority then they will release GATE 2018 answer key. It is expected that the exam will be held in the month of February 2018. for each stream, authority will released the answer key separately. If candidates think that the answer given under the answer sheet by the authority is wrong then there is also a facility in they can appeal for objection with a least amount of fee and if authorities will found that the correction is right that mean your fee charge will be refunded in that case.
GATE 2018 Result
GATE 2018 result will be released on 17th March 2018. Candidates can check it from the GOAPS portal under the GATE official website. Once the result will be declared by the authority, candidates will also able to get their scorecard which is also attached with the result who secure marks equal or more than the cut-off marks.
GATE 2018 Score Card
Those who qualified GATE successfully, authority provide them a GATE scorecard with three years validity from the date of announcement. The performance of an aspirants in entrance exam will reflects in GATE 2018 scorecard. The download facility for scorecard will be available from the last week of March 2018.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
GATE Cut off is the minimum marks to be eligible for admission to IITs and IISc. This is a factor deciding that either candidates is qualified in the exam or not. GATE 2018 cut off marks varies stream-wise and category-wise. The cut-off marks are less for reserved category candidates as compared to the unreserved category candidates.
GATE 2017 Cutoff Category wise and Qualifying Marks
GATE 2018 Counselling
No common counselling will be conducted by IITS for providing admission to PG courses. Candidates need to apply individually to the IITs when their admission notification will be announced. To admission in NITs Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan. Admissions (CCMT).The counselling procedure for NITs will be same every year.The counselling procedure is totally based on GATE 2018 scores.
GATE Registration 2018
Candidates need to fill and follow the below given details under the GATE Registration:
- Candidates can apply through online mode only firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GATE registration Process had been started from 1st September 2017 and till continue 9th October 2017(Extended).
- The conducting authority provides an one month period of time for the GATE application process.
- Candidates need to fill GATE 2018 application form via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Start from “New User” and if you are not a new user then click on login button.
- Once you have registered successfully then you get an application number and password for registration, then will get the access to register in the GOAPS dashboard.
- Due to last minute high rating of traffic, the verification process of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) was relaxed.
- Candidates will be able to register for GATE Examination now without verifying their email address and mobile number.
- They need to login through GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- For application process, candidates need to upload scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate or category certificate.
- Candidates need to pay application fee before the last date.
- However, candidates can verify their email and mobile number later by login to GOAPS.
- It is advised to the candidates that take a printout of the application for further use.
Candidates can pay their registration fee via online (Net banking, debit card) or offline(e-challan) mode. GATE 2018 registration fee are listed below given table:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
On 13th November 2017, GATE Application Form correction has been started and till continue 17th November via GOAPS login. Candidates are only eligible to edit/correct their particulars details not every details from the GATE 2018 application form. The process had been started once the registration process closed. If in case, candidates have to do some mistakes in their application form then, they has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” with the document proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be given in the particular fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Category (Gen to OBC and OBC to General)
- Year of graduation
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Eligibility Criteria
Those who want to appear in GATE 2018 needs to fulfills the eligibility criteria. So, here we are describing the GATE Eligibility Criteria:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
NOTE: For an international candidates, they need to complete their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any science subject. When they going to fill GATE application form, they need to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Those who have passed the qualifying degree in 2017 or before are need to submit their degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other need to upload certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
Previous Years GATE Statistics