GATE CE Answer Key 2020 along with the question paper has been released by the conducting authority. Candidates can download the official answer keys by visiting the official websites of the GATE Exam i.e. https://appsgate.iitd.ac.in/. Download the GATE Civil Engineering Answer Key 2020 here.
- GATE CE Exam was conducted on 9th February 2020 in two shifts (Morning and After Noon).
- GATE CE Result has been released on 14th March 2020 via the GOAPS websites.
GATE 2020 Answer Key has been released now, Click Here to Check GATE Answer Key.
Download the GATE Civil Engineering Answer Key and Question Paper here.
|Subject||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|CE: Civil Engineering||View (Session-1)
GATE Civil Engineering Answer Key by Coaching Institutes
|Coaching||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|GateForum||Will be updated soon||Will be updated soon|
As per GATE (GOAPS) report last year a total 1,18,147 students appeared in the GATE CE Examination and on which only for 18, 013 clear the GATE Examination. The question paper is totally based on the fundamental, basic concept and thought-provoking.
- Session 1 – Fluid Mechanics, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering topics are too high according to the question weight. Here candidates can check complete GATE CE Paper Analysis.
- Session 2 – In this session, Geotechnical Engineering questions are too difficult as compared to the last year. The difficulty level of this section was very high as usual.
GATE 2020 Civil Engineering Question Paper Overview
|Paper Code||CE – Civil Engineering|
|Date of the exam||February 9, 2020|
|Shift||Shift-1: 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Shift-2: 2:30 pm-5:30 pm
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions||25|
|Sections||Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude Questions, and Subject-specific|
Through the help of GATE CE, Official answer key candidate will get an idea that how much marks they will score in the examination. Based on the GATE CE Answer Key, the authority will prepare the final result or merit list for students. Candidates who find any discrepancy in the official answer key, they can raise an appeal against the official answer key by paying additional charges of the fee and this correction process is available for the limited time frame. After the fixed time period nobody can raise an appeal or authority will not accept any more appeal.
GATE 2020 Civil Engineering (CE) Paper Analysis – Subject Wise Distribution
GATE Civil Paper Analysis 2020 – Forenoon
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Difficulty Level
|1 Mark||2 Mark|
|Maths||3 (0 NT)||3 ( 1 NT )||Medium|
|RCC||1 (0 NT)||3 ( 2 NT )||Medium|
|Strength of material||3 ( 1 NT )||1 ( 1 NT )||Easy|
|Steel Structures||1 ( 0 NT)||2 ( 1 NT)||Medium|
|Structural Analysis||2 ( 0 NT)||2 (1 NT)||Medium|
|CMM||0 ( 0 NT )||1 (1 NT )||Difficult|
|Geotechnical||5 ( 3 NT)||5 ( 4 NT )||Medium|
|Environmental||1 ( 0 NT )||4 ( 3 NT )||Medium|
|Transportation||3 ( 1 NT )||3 ( 1 NT )||Medium|
|H&I||2 ( 1 NT)||1 ( 1 NT)||Medium|
|Geomatics||1 ( 0 NT)||2 ( 1 NT)||Easy|
|FM & OCH||3 ( 1 NT)||3 ( 2 NT)||Medium|
|Aptitude||5 (2 NT)||5 (1 NT)||Easy|
GATE Civil Paper Analysis 2020 – Afternoon
|Subject||1 Mark||2 Mark||Difficulty Level
|Strength of material||2||–||Medium|
|FM & OCH||2||–||Medium|
How to Check GATE Answer Key (CE)?
Here candidates need to follow step by step guide to download GATE CE Answer Key:
- The very first step candidates need to visit the official website of GOAPS i.e. gate.iitm.ac.in
- Then candidates need to enter their credentials i.e. Enrollment ID, Registration Number and Date of Birth
- The final answer key for GATE CE Examination has been displayed in front of your screen.
- For future reference, candidates can save it.