GATE 2020: GATE 2020 examination will be conducted by IIT Delhi. The authority has been released the GATE 2020 Schedule, check examination schedule below. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is the National Level Engineering Exam, conducting by the IITs in the rotataional basis, In 2019 the GATE 2019 Examination was conducted by IIT Madras and In 2018 the GATE 2018 exam was conducted by the IIT Guwahati. through the GATE exam candidates can get admission in M.tech/ Ph.D Programs which is offered by IITs , IISc, IISERs and some other government and private institutions through GATE Score. the GATE 2020 official notification will be released on September 2019, and the GATE 2020 Application Form will be available from September 2019. the GATE 2020 Application Form will be available in the online mode only. those candidates who are willing to appear in the GATE 2020 exam must check the GATE 2020 eligibility criteria. GATE 2020 exam will be conducted for 24 Papers.
GATE 2020 Important Updates
- GATE 2020 official notification will be released on September 2019.
- GATE 2020 Application Form will be available from 12th September 20
- GATE 2020 exam will be conducted by IIT Delhi.
- GATE 2020 will be conducted for 24 Papers, new ST(Statistic) has been added in the Syllabus.
|Exam Name||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Delhi|
|Mode of Examination||Online – Computer Based Test|
|No. of Papers & Questions||23 | 65|
|Total Marks & Maximum Score||100 | 1000|
|Duration of GATE 2018||3 Hours|
|No. of Test Takers||Over 9 lac|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
|GATE Helpdesk||0361-258-6500 | email@example.com|
GATE 2020 Important Dates
GATE 2020 notification will be released on September 2019, and the Online Application Form will be available from September 2019, candidates can check GATE 2020 tentative GATE 2020 Exam Dates.
|GATE 2020 Events||Date|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||September 3rd, 2019|
|Last date of submitting GATE 2020 Application Form||September 24th 2019|
|Extended Closing Dates of Submission of Online Application Form||October 1st, 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||November 15th, 2019|
|Admit card publication||January 3rd, 2020|
|Exam date||February 1, 2, 8, and 9, 2020|
|Official Answer key releasing||10 days after the exam|
|Result declaration||March 16, 2020|
|Publishing of Scorecard||One week after the declaration of results|
|Start of counseling cum admission process||April 2020|
GATE 2020 Application Form
GATE Application From will be available from first week of September 2019, Check more information below;
- GATE 2020 Application Form will be available in September 2019.
- The Application Form will be available in the Online mode only.
- Candidates can fill the GATE Application form via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates can upload Scanned recent Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates will be able to register for GATE Examination now without verifying their email address and mobile number.
- Candidates can Pay the Application Fee in the Online Mode, Check GATE Application Fee details below;
- It is advised to the candidates that take a printout of the application for further use.
Documents to be uploaded while filling the GATE Application Form
- Certificate of qualifying degree
- Category certificate, if applicable
GATE 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can pay their registration fee via online (Net banking, debit card) or offline(e-challan) mode. GATE 2019 registration fee are listed below given table:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
GATE 2020 Applicatin Fee for Foregin Countries
|Singapore and Dubai||US$100|
|Addis Ababa, Kathmandu, Colombo and Dhaka||US$50|
GATE 2020 Paper Codes
IN GATE 2020, a new paper has been added in the GATE Examination. in GATE there are already existing 23 papers. In 2020 the new paper with the Code “ST” has been added. check the list of GATE 2020 Paper Codes below;
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Life Sciences||XL|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Statistics||ST – New Addition|
|XE Paper and Codes|
|Engineering Mathematics||XE – A||Thermodynamics||XE – E|
|Fluid Mechanics||XE – B||Polymer Science and Engineering||XE – F|
|Materials Science||XE – C||Food Technology||XE – G|
|Solid Mechanics||XE – D||Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||XE – H|
|XL Paper and Codes|
|Chemistry||XL – P||Microbiology||XL – S|
|Biochemistry||XL – Q||Zoology||XL – T|
|Botany||XL – R||Food Technology||XL – U|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
Check GATE Exam Pattern below;
- Course: It is conducted by IIT in rotational basis for M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs , IISc and various other institutions.
- Number of Papers: GATE is held for total 24 papers. Candidates can appear for only one of the 24 papers.
- Mode of Examination: The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The examination duration will be 3 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common for all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).x
- New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer 1/3 marks deducted from the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL:
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG:
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE:
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL:
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Those who want to appear in GATE Exam needs to fulfills the GATE Eligibility Criteria. So, here we are describing the GATE Eligibility Criteria:
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2021|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
GATE 2020 Syllabus
GATE Exam will conducted for 24 (Stream) Papers. For each discipline syllabus is different. For a good preparation, to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked is important . Describing the complete syllabus of GATE in overview to difficult but Candidates can download the GATE Syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL from the official site. GATE Paper and syllabus are listed below:
Download GATE Syllabus
GATE 2020 – Score Card
Those who qualified GATE successfully, authority provide them a GATE scorecard with three years validity from the date of announcement. The performance of an aspirants in entrance exam will reflects in GATE 2020 scorecard. The download facility for scorecard will be available from the last week of March 2020.
Previous Years GATE Statistics
GATE 2020 Result
The GATE 2020 Result will be release on March 2020, candidates can check GATE Result from the official website of GATE. the Result will be available in the online mode only. Once the result will be declared by the authority, candidates will also able to get their scorecard which is also attached with the result who secure marks equal or more than the cut-off marks.
GATE 2020 Result: March 2020 (tentative)
GATE 2020 Cutoff
GATE Cut off is the minimum marks to be eligible for admission to IITs and IISc. This is a factor deciding that either candidates is qualified in the exam or not. GATE cut off marks varies stream-wise and category-wise. The cut-off marks are less for reserved category candidates as compared to the unreserved category candidates.
GATE 2019 Cutoff
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||CS||29||26||19|
|7||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||25||22.5||16.6|
GATE 2018 Cutoff
|Computer Science (CS)||25.00||22.50||16.60|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||26.90||24.20||17.9|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||29.1||26.1||19.4|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34.7||31.2||23.1|
|Electronics and Communication (EC)||25.0||22.5||16.6|
|Production Engineering (PI)||32.0||28.8||21.3|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||37.0||33.8||24.7|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||37.8||34||25.1|
How to Prepare For GATE 2020?
With the hard and full dedication towards GATE Exam Preparation will give you the success. So, it is advised to the students that be keep and calm and cool and stay stress free. We are listing here few preparation tips for GATE Exam , follow them blindly:
- Review your syllabus for which you are preparing.
- Prepare your schedule as per the daily basis as well as for monthly basis.
- Divide you study hours according to your subjects.
- Try to finding your strength and weakness.
- Practice a lot of Previous Years Question Papers.
- Attempt online Mock Tests.
- Select the best study material and book for covering GATE syllabus.
- Take care of your health.