IIT Guwahati released GATE Application Form Correction window for those candidates who seeking to edit their particulars from application form from 13th to 17th November 2017. Candidates who wants to change the exam centers from the GATE 2018 application form need to pay Rs. 400. The correction window appear for Gender/ Category/ PwD status correction in GATE application form 2018 was available until October 28. October 9, 2017 is the last date to fill GATE application form.
Six Simple steps are there:
- GATE 2018 Registration
- Fill required details in the GATE 2018 application form
- Upload scanned photograph and documents
- Review your application form
- Pay your application fee
- Candidates need to send their GATE application form 2018 to the conducting authority or any of the 8 zonal GATE offices.
GATE Application Form
The authority give a facility to the candidates that they can choose three exam centers in the application form filling time which is familiar to them.
- One is from other zone
- Other two will be from the same zone.
Candidates can pay gate application form fee through online mode only. The national level exam will be conducted in the online mode on February 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th, 2018 for admission to M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D offered in IITs/NITs/CFITs and PSUs recruitment. Every year 9 lac students appear for the GATE Exam. In 2017, 9,22,167 registered for GATE approximately. Among of them only 7,87,148 appeared and 1,29,149 are cracked the GATE . For detailed information on GATE 2018 application form dates to apply, procedure, fee payment, documents required, image specification read the complete article which is given below.
GATE Application Dates
|GATE application form 2018 started on||August 31, 2017|
|GATE 2018 application form ended on||October 9, 2017 (8 pm)|
|Last date for change in the exam centre||November 17, 2017|
|GATE 2018 admit card||January 4, 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam date||February 3,4, 10 and 11, 2018 (Saturdays and Sundays)|
From where we can check the application status
Candidates those who has successfully registered for GATE 2018 can check their application status. Follow the below given steps and check your status
- Click on the given link
- Enter the required details in the form like enrollment number and password.
- The status of the application form will be shown.
- If any error exist then need to correct them from the correction window.
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
Candidates those makes mistakes in their application form while filling has correct their particular or exam centers by logging in through GOAPS from November 13th to 17th, 2017. For this candidates need to pay 400 Rs to correct it. Those who want to edit their Gender/Category/PwD from the GATE application form 2018 can correct it until October 28th, 2017. Those who want to make changes and to verify the email ID and mobile number candidates were need to log in to the GOAPS portal and then click on “Change Personal Data” link. Those who want to edit GATE 2018 application were asked to request through registered email ID to the respective zonal GATE office. While correcting details in GATE application form candidates had to send the email requesting ‘Correction in data (enter enrollment number as well the type of correction)’ given below along with the scanned copy of proof. For correcting the particulars candidates need to pay applicable fees.
Below given details candidates can change from their GATE 2018 Application Form after submission. For this candidates need to submit below given proof:
- Name of the Candidate: 10th class/SSLC certificate, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar ID Driving License
- Date of Birth: Birth certificate, 10th class/SSLC certificate, Passport
- Name of Parent/Guardian: Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar ID, Driving License
- Qualifying Degree/Year of Qualifying Degree/Have you Graduated in the above Degree?: Degree certificate or Final year/Semester mark sheet or Certificate with seal and signature of HoD/principal/competent authority
Contact Details of Zonal GATE Offices
Below are the email Ids of eight GATE zonal centres
|GATE Zonal Centres 2018 Contact address||E-mail Id|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru email@example.com|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi email@example.com|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur email@example.com|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai email@example.com|
|Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee firstname.lastname@example.org|
GATE Application Form 2018: Certificates and Documents required
A candidates who want to appear for GATE Exam need to prepare following document before filling the online GATE form 2018. When they are going to fill application form need to enter details as given in their photo identity card. Reserved category and physically challenged candidates need to upload their required category certificates. Below given all documents are required for completing the application form of GATE 2018 are different for Indian and International candidates:
Certificates to be uploaded in GATE 2018 application form:
Documents required for GATE Application Form 2018
- Final year students: Provisional Certificate Letter issued by the Head of Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department as per format.
- Graduates: Graduates can upload their Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate.
- Semester students: Upload copy of the semester marks sheets depending on the programme currently pursuing. For more information read GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018.
- Final year of AMIE – Upload a certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute in the format given or a copy of mark sheet with signature and seal.
- Masters’ students: Candidates who are pursuing higher degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one
- Candidates with backlogs: Upload copy of any of the mark sheet of the final year issued by their institute
- Caste Certificate: If applicable in the prescribed format
- Disability or PwD Certificate: If applicable in the prescribed format
- Dyslexic Certificate: To avail the services of a scribe, dyslexic candidates should attach a proper dyslexic certificate issued by any Dyslexia Association in the prescribed format
Important Note: Marks sheet downloaded from the Internet shall not be accpeted.
Details to be kept ready before filling GATE Application Form 2018
- Email id
- Identity proof
- Indian candidates: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License
- International candidates: Only valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification
- Personal details: Date of birth, mobile number, parents’ name
- Contact details: Communication address, College address
- Bank details: Net Banking details of the respective banks if fee is paid online
Identity proof accepted for GATE application form 2018
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
- Passport (international candidates)
How to fill GATE 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill their application form via online mode only. Candidates needs to follow given process for processing their application form.
Step 1: GATE Registration
Step 2: Fill GATE application form
Step 3: Upload scanned images
Step 4: Review your GATE application form
Step 5: Pay your GATE application fees
Step 6: Submit your GATE online application form
Step 1. GATE 2018 Registration Process
Those who check and find they are eligible for GATE Registration need to apply for GATE 2018. For registration, candidates should have entered valid email ID, mobile number and create a GOAPS password. Once candidates received all the registration details on their registered email ID can login in GOAPS dashboard.
GOAPS Enrollment ID – Those who registered for GATE 2018 will get GOAPS Enrollment ID for future login.
Step 2. GATE 2018 application form:
Below given details are required to fill in GATE Application Form and these are also included in the GATE registration:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Contact Information
- GATE Exam Centres
- GATE Photo Identity
GATE 2018 Application: Specification for Photograph and Signature
These are involved in the third steps of GATE Application form where you need to upload scanned photographs like passport size photograph and scanned signature . Below are the guidelines for uploading photographs and signature.
GATE Application 2018: Photograph requirement
|Dimension||Width x Height: 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print. JPEG format: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)|
|Colour||Clearly visible colour photograph taken after 1st August 2017|
|Background||Background must be white or a very light color.|
|Face of the candidate||Candidates face should be infront of camera and should be cleared and visible.|
GATE 2018 Application Form: Signature requirement
|Dimension||Maximum image size of signature: 160×560 pixels.Minimum image size of signature: 80×280 pixels.|
|Size||Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) in the A4 white paper.|
|Clarity||Sign with black ink pen within this box.|
|Sign of the candidate||Signature should be done by the candidates only by black pen|
Step 4. GATE Application Form 2018 – Edit/Preview Process
Once you have completed the first three process then you need to check your application form or review it whether you fill all details in the correct format or not.
Step 5. GATE Application Form 2018 – Payment of Fees
Once candidates check their application or review it and find that their all details are in correct form then need to pay application fee which are given below according to the category.
|S.No||Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|1.||Male Category (General/ OBC) and others||Rs. 1500|
|2.||SC/ST/PwD categories||Rs. 750|
|3.||Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750|
For international candidates the conducting authority gives a facility for making payment in US currency and can pay their application fee in Dollar.
|Kathmandu, Dhaka, Colombo, Adis Ababa||US$ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
Step 6.Submit your GATE Application form 2018
Once you going to enter in final submit, it is advised to the candidates that please ensure that the details you entered in the application should be correct format. Once you confirm and sure that the details you fill in the application form are in correct then click on Final Submit Button.
What if you lose/forgot GATE 2018 Enrolment ID or Password?
If in case any candidates forget their application form then can request for forget enrollment id or forget password button and re-fetch their application form
Steps to recover GATE 2018 Enrolment ID or Password
- Forgot enrollment id or not received their enrollment id via email – For this candidates need to select forget enrollment id option and then need to fill their registered email id or registered by mobile number by which they can retrieve their enrollment number. The enrollment id will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS or via email which is registered.
- Forgot Password – Candidates can retrieve their password by entering below given details in the form which is occurred clicking in the Forget password button.
- Candidate’s Name (Spelling only)
- Date of birth (change in birth year)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (change in spelling)
- Category status: General to OBC and OBC to General
- Year of Qualifying Degree (change in year)
- Forgot both Enrollment ID and Password –In this case, the candidate who has paid the fees must contact their respective zonal office. If the candidate has not paid then they will have to register themselves.
Year-wise statistics (2012-2017) of GATE candidates
|Year||Registered candidates||Number of candidates who appeared||Number of qualified candidates|