GATE 2020 Application Form: GATE 2019 Application Form Correction has been started now, Candidates can request for change the examination center till 15th November 2019. check more details below. GATE 2020 Application Form has been released now, Candidates can Fill GATE Application Form till the date of 5th October 2019. GATE 2020 Examination will be conducted by the IIT Delhi. The Application Form will only be available in the online mode. through the GATE exam candidates can get admission in M.tech/ Ph.D Programs which is offered by IITs , IISc, IISERs and some other government and private institutions through GATE Score. the GATE 2020 official notification will be released on September 2019, and the GATE 2020 Application Form will be available from September 2019. the GATE 2020 Application Form will be available in the online mode only.
GATE Application Form 2020
GATE 2019 Application Form Correction window has been open now, Click Here to make correction.
GATE 2020 Complete Schedule has been released now, Click Here to Check Complete Schedule.
GATE Application Form 2020
Six Simple steps are there:
- GATE 2020 Registration
- Fill required details in the GATE 2020 Application Form
- Upload scanned photograph and documents
- Review your Application Form
- Pay your application fee
- Submit Application Form.
GATE 2020 Application Form
The authority give a facility to the candidates that they can choose three exam centers in the application form filling time which is familiar to them.
- One is from other zone
- Other two will be from the same zone.
Candidates can pay Application Fee through online mode only. The national level exam will be conducted in the online mode on February 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th 2020 for admission to M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D offered in IITs/NITs/CFITs and PSUs recruitment. Every year 9 lac students appear for the GATE Exam. In 2017, 9,22,167 registered for GATE approximately. Among of them only 7,87,148 appeared and 1,29,149 are cracked the GATE . For detailed information on GATE 2020 application form dates to apply, procedure, fee payment, documents required, image specification read the complete article which is given below.
GATE Application Dates
|GATE application form 2020 started on||September 3rd, 2019|
|GATE 2020 application form ended on||5th October 2019 (extended)|
|Last date for change in the exam centers||15th November 2019|
|GATE 2020 Admit Card||January 3rd, 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date||February 1,2, 8 and 9, 2020 (Saturdays and Sundays)|
From where we can check the application status
Candidates those who has successfully registered for GATE 2020 can check their application status. Follow the below given steps and check your status
- Click on the given link
- Enter the required details in the form like enrollment number and password.
- The status of the application form will be shown.
- If any error exist then need to correct them from the correction window.
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
Candidates those makes mistakes in their application form while filling has correct their particular or exam centers by logging in through GOAPS from 4th Week of October, 2020. For this candidates need to pay 400 Rs to correct it. Those who want to edit their Gender/Category/PwD from the GATE application form 2020 can correct it until October 1st, 2020. Those who want to make changes and to verify the email ID and mobile number candidates were need to log in to the GOAPS portal and then click on “Change Personal Data” link. Those who want to edit GATE 2020 application were asked to request through registered email ID to the respective zonal GATE office. While correcting details in GATE application form candidates had to send the email requesting ‘Correction in data (enter enrollment number as well the type of correction)’ given below along with the scanned copy of proof. For correcting the particulars candidates need to pay applicable fees.
Below given details candidates can change from their GATE 2020 Application Form after submission. For this candidates need to submit below given proof:
- Name of the Candidate: 10th class/SSLC certificate, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar ID Driving License
- Date of Birth: Birth certificate, 10th class/SSLC certificate, Passport
- Name of Parent/Guardian: Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar ID, Driving License
- Qualifying Degree/Year of Qualifying Degree/Have you Graduated in the above Degree?: Degree certificate or Final year/Semester mark sheet or Certificate with seal and signature of HoD/principal/competent authority
Contact Details of Zonal GATE Offices
Below are the email Ids of eight GATE zonal centers:
|Zone||Contact Address||Phone Number||e-mail Id|
Indian Institute of Science,
Bengaluru 560 012
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400 076
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati 781 039
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur 208 016
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur 721 302
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600 036
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
Roorkee 247 667
GATE Application Form 2020: Certificates and Documents required
A candidates who want to appear for GATE Exam need to prepare following document before filling the online GATE Form 2020. When they are going to fill Application Form need to enter details as given in their photo identity card. Reserved category and physically challenged candidates need to upload their required category certificates. Below given all documents are required for completing the application form of GATE 2020 are different for Indian and International candidates:
Certificates to be uploaded in GATE 2020 Application Form:
Documents required for GATE Application Form 2020
- Final year students: Provisional Certificate Letter issued by the Head of Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department as per format.
- Graduates: Graduates can upload their Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate.
- Semester students: Upload copy of the semester marks sheets depending on the program currently pursuing. For more information read GATE Eligibility Criteria 2020.
- Final year of AMIE – Upload a certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute in the format given or a copy of mark sheet with signature and seal.
- Masters’ students: Candidates who are pursuing higher degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one
- Candidates with backlogs: Upload copy of any of the mark sheet of the final year issued by their institute
- Caste Certificate: If applicable in the prescribed format
- Disability or PwD Certificate: If applicable in the prescribed format
- Dyslexic Certificate: To avail the services of a scribe, dyslexic candidates should attach a proper dyslexic certificate issued by any Dyslexia Association in the prescribed format
Important Note: Marks sheet downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted.
Details to be kept ready before filling Application Form 2020
- Email id
- Identity proof
- Indian candidates: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License
- International candidates: Only valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification
- Personal details: Date of birth, mobile number, parents’ name
- Contact details: Communication address, College address
- Bank details: Net Banking details of the respective banks if fee is paid online
Identity proof accepted for GATE application form 2020
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
- Passport (international candidates)
How to fill GATE 2020 Application Form?
Candidates can fill their application form via online mode only. Candidates needs to follow given process for processing their application form.
Step 1: GATE Registration
Step 2: Fill GATE application form
Step 3: Upload scanned images
Step 4: Review your GATE application form
Step 5: Pay your GATE application fees
Step 6: Submit your GATE online application form
Step 1. GATE 2020 Registration Process
Those who check and find they are eligible for GATE Registration need to apply for GATE 2020. For registration, candidates should have entered valid email ID, mobile number and create a GOAPS password. Once candidates received all the registration details on their registered email ID can login in GOAPS dashboard.
GOAPS Enrollment ID – Those who registered for GATE 2020 will get GOAPS Enrollment ID for future login.
Step 2. GATE 2020 application form:
Below given details are required to fill in GATE Application Form and these are also included in the GATE registration:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Contact Information
- GATE Exam Centres
- GATE Photo Identity
GATE 2020 Application: Specification for Photograph and Signature
These are involved in the third steps of GATE Application form where you need to upload scanned photographs like passport size photograph and scanned signature . Below are the guidelines for uploading photographs and signature.
GATE Application 2020: Photograph requirement
|Dimension||Width x Height: 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print. JPEG format: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)|
|Colour||Clearly visible colour photograph taken after 1st August 2018|
|Background||Background must be white or a very light color.|
|Face of the candidate||Candidates face should be infront of camera and should be cleared and visible.|
GATE 2020 Application Form: Signature requirement
|Dimension||Maximum image size of signature: 160×560 pixels.Minimum image size of signature: 80×280 pixels.|
|Size||Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) in the A4 white paper.|
|Clarity||Sign with black ink pen within this box.|
|Sign of the candidate||Signature should be done by the candidates only by black pen|
Step 4. GATE Application Form 2020 – Edit/Preview Process
Once you have completed the first three process then you need to check your application form or review it whether you fill all details in the correct format or not.
Step 5. GATE Application Form 2020 – Payment of Fees
Once candidates check their application or review it and find that their all details are in correct form then need to pay application fee which are given below according to the category.
|S.No||Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|1.||Male Category (General/ OBC) and others||Rs. 1500|
|2.||SC/ST/PwD categories||Rs. 750|
|3.||Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750|
For international candidates the conducting authority gives a facility for making payment in US currency and can pay their application fee in Dollar.
|Kathmandu, Dhaka, Colombo, Adis Ababa||US$ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
Step 6.Submit your GATE Application form 2020
Once you going to enter in final submit, it is advised to the candidates that please ensure that the details you entered in the application should be correct format. Once you confirm and sure that the details you fill in the application form are in correct then click on Final Submit Button.
What if you lose/forgot GATE 2020 Enrollment ID or Password?
If in case any candidates forget their application form then can request for forget enrollment id or forget password button and re-fetch their application form
Steps to recover GATE 2020 Enrollment ID or Password
- Forgot enrollment id or not received their enrollment id via email – For this candidates need to select forget enrollment id option and then need to fill their registered email id or registered by mobile number by which they can retrieve their enrollment number. The enrollment id will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS or via email which is registered.
- Forgot Password – Candidates can retrieve their password by entering below given details in the form which is occurred clicking in the Forget password button.
- Candidate’s Name (Spelling only)
- Date of birth (change in birth year)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (change in spelling)
- Category status: General to OBC and OBC to General
- Year of Qualifying Degree (change in year)
- Forgot both Enrollment ID and Password –In this case, the candidate who has paid the fees must contact their respective zonal office. If the candidate has not paid then they will have to register themselves.
Year-wise statistics (2012-2017) of GATE candidates
|Year||Registered candidates||Number of candidates who appeared||Number of qualified candidates|