GATE is one of the highly competitive examinations that needs complete focus and a good understanding of basic concepts. Mock Test is one of the good preparation methods for GATE examination. Focused GATE study materials and online mock tests. By practicing mock test, candidates can get an rough idea about the examination pattern, answering method and other details. And candidates can also analyze their performance. Students can check and solve the previous question papers. In this article you will get complete and best preparation tips for GATE Exam preparation.
Best way for any preparation is :
LEARN→ PRACTICE → REVISE → REPEAT.
Preparation Tips of the GATE exams
Preparing For GATE?
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- collect a previous question papers and solve it
- While solving the problem, students must have balance between speed & accuracy.
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
Preparation Tips for GATE 2018
1.Begin the preparation
The first step by understanding what you are up against, information you need before you plan and then begin the actual preparation. Every success story has a dedicated plan and strategy that has been followed to achieve it. Consider every day to be a new one. Create time table and then start study of GATE exam according your plan. Analyze the syllabus and previous papers of GATE exam. And then start preparation of GATE exam.
2.Know your GATE 2018 Syllabus, Exam Pattern thoroughly
As you know that GATE is conducted for 23 papers. The syllabus for every paper is different depending upon the core subject that you have studied during the qualifying examination (B.Tech). Candidate should refer to the syllabus and analyse the exam pattern using previous years’ papers and prepare accordingly. Identify topics which have fetched more marks and give more importance to them during your preparation.
GATE has two types of questions –
- Multiple Choice questions (MCQs): These questions have options and candidates must choose carefully as there is negative marking for these questions
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions: These questions have to be calculated and carry no negative marking.
It plays a very important role in the preparation of GATE exam.Before starting preparation, you have to create a time-table that covers all your subjects/topics.
How to manage time-
- Check the past year papers and exam analysis.
- Make Short Notes while you study because it will be helpful during revision.
- Write down Formulae that you find difficult to remember so that they are handy for revision.
- Keep the solved problems and notes separately indexed so that you can refresh and revise later when required.
- Create your own plan as you know best what works for you.
4.Maintain your Health
While preparing for exam, students forget to take care of their health, so maintain your health-
- take nutritious diet
- eat fresh vegetables and fruits
- avoid junk food
- Playing some sport occasionally or listening to soft music is recommended if you are feeling stressed after long hours of studies.
- You can do yoga and meditation to relief or relax your body.
- Take a sleep of at least 7 hours a day.
Revision is very important before going for the examination as it helps to recall many things that might get skipped from your mind.
- Try to complete syllabus in time so that you will get enough time for revision.
- Keep a check on your performance; it is compulsory to directly jump upon the previous GATE question on the topic you just finished. You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.
- Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
- keep making small notes to be used while revision before GATE 2018 exam.
- Revision plan helps in recalling the concepts during the GATE exam.
6.Evaluate yourself before the GATE exam
- Make sure at least a month is kept for exhaustive, thorough revision.
- Analyze the weaker points and work on that.
- Learn and use simple tricks and shortcuts for solving GATE questions rather than adopting a lengthy approach.
7.GATE Books for Preparation
The very common questions arises in the every one’s mind i.e “What are the books by which we are gone to the preparation?” We Learndunia always recommend yo that refer only one book for exam preparation The one book which covers all the syllabus of your disciplines exams.
GATE Preparation Tips by Experts
- GATE Exam is not based on completing the syllabus for preparation; it is based upon completing and understanding the basic concepts.
- If you found a problems that is taking too much time then you need to move forward for a new solution.
- Candidates need to keep balance between speed & accuracy.
- Candidates need to divide their preparation time according to the topics/section they need to prepare like aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level etc.
- Always try to track your own performance that how you are prepared for the examination.
- A problem can be solved by the lots of way. A smart preparation always go with the method by which you can findout the correct answer within the less amount of time.
- It is advised to the candidates as you prepared for the boards exam the GATE need not to same type of prepare instead of their you need to prepare topics with sufficient amount of time duration.
- Whenever you are studying and preparing a topics then you need to keep your own goal in your mind. Always try to keep your goal in mind and think about the goal how can you achieve that.
- If in the last phase of your preparation you have any doubts regarding any previous topics then clear your doubts then go for next topics preparation.
- In the leave books from the preparation and go only for revision. Once your revision process is over then evaluate your self by attempting mock test and previous year questions papers.