GATE is one of the most competitive examinations that needs complete focus and a good understanding of basic concepts. In order to clear the exam, the candidates must have a very thorough preparation. In this article, you will get the best preparation tips for GATE Exam preparation.
Preparation Tips of the GATE Exam
The best way for any exam preparation is :
LEARN→ PRACTICE → REVISE → REPEAT.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas.
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress.
- Collect previous question papers and solve them.
- While solving the problems, students must have a balance between speed & accuracy.
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level.
Preparation Tips for GATE
1.Begin the preparation
The first step is to understand what you are up against. Collect as much information as possible before you plan and then begin the actual preparation. Every success story has a dedicated plan and strategy that has been followed to achieve it. Consider every day to be a new one. Create a time table and then start studying for the GATE exam according to your plan. Analyze the syllabus and previous papers of GATE Exam and start preparing accordingly.
2. Know the GATE Syllabus & Exam Pattern thoroughly
As you know, that GATE is conducted for 23 papers. The syllabus for every paper is different depending upon the core subject that you have studied during the qualifying examination (B.Tech). Candidate should refer to the syllabus and analyze the exam pattern using previous years’ papers and prepare accordingly. Identify topics which have fetched more marks and give more importance to them during your preparation.
GATE has two types of questions –
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs): These questions have options and candidates must choose carefully as there is negative marking for these questions
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions: These questions have to be calculated and carry no negative marking.
It plays a very important role in the preparation of GATE exam. Before starting the preparations, you have to create a time-table that covers all your subjects/topics.
How to manage time-
- Check the past year papers and exam analysis.
- Make Short Notes while you study because it will be helpful during revision.
- Write down Formulae that you find difficult to remember so that they are handy for revision.
- Keep the solved problems and notes separately indexed so that you can refresh and revise later when required.
- Create your own plan as you know best what works for you.
4.Maintain your Health
While preparing for the exam, students forget to take care of their health, so maintain your health-
- Take nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid junk food.
- Playing some sport occasionally or listening to soft music is recommended if you are feeling stressed after long hours of studies.
- You can do yoga and meditation to relief or relax your body.
- Take sleep for at least 7 hours a day.
Revision is very important before going for the examination as it helps to recall many things that might get skipped from your mind.
- Try to complete syllabus in time so that you will get enough time for revision.
- Keep a check on your performance; You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.
- Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
- Keep making brief notes to be used while revision before GATE.
- Revision plan helps in recalling the concepts during the GATE exam.
6.Evaluate yourself before the GATE exam
- Make sure at least a month is kept for exhaustive, thorough revision.
- Analyze the weaker points and work on that.
- Learn and use simple tricks and shortcuts for solving GATE questions rather than adopting a lengthy approach.
7.GATE Books for Preparation
The very common questions arise in everyone’s mind, i.e. “What are the GATE Books by which we are gone to the preparation?” We Learndunia always recommend yo that refer only one book for exam preparation. The one book which covers all the syllabus of your disciplines exams.
GATE Preparation Tips by Experts
- GATE Exam is not based on completing the syllabus for preparation; it is based upon completing and understanding the basic concepts.
- If you found a problem that is taking too much time, then you need to move forward to a new solution.
- Candidates need to keep a balance between speed & accuracy.
- Candidates need to divide their preparation time according to the topics/section they need to prepare like aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level etc.
- Always try to track your own performance that how you are prepared for the examination.
- A problem can be solved in lots of ways. A smart preparation always goes with the method by which you can find out the correct answer within the less amount of time.
- Whenever you are studying and preparing a topic, then you need to keep your goal in your mind.
- If in the last phase of your preparation, you have any doubts regarding any previous topics, then clear your doubts, then go for the preparation of the next topic.
- In the leave books from the preparation and go only for revision. Once your revision process is over, then evaluate your self by attempting a mock test and previous year questions papers.
People are also reading: