IIT Madras will conducts GATE Examination this year for admission in to the M.tech/PhD programs which is offered by top IITs. In this article you will get complete information about GATE selection process.
GATE 2019 Exam will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February, Click here for more information.
GATE Selection Process 2019
- On this basis of your result or scorecard, the authority will allot you the admission in M.Tech programmes which is offered by top IITs.
- Once the answer will be concluded, the scored will be converted to a normalized GATE Score.
- Institutes will be allotted to you for admission through Normalized GATE marks only or Normalized GATE marks and Interview/Written Test.
- Score will be calculated on the basis of below given table:
Normalized Mark of jth candidate in ith session M^ ij is given by:
Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth you in ith session
M?gt is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the you considering all sessions
Mgq is the sum of mean and standard deviation marks of the candidates in the paper considering all sessions
M?ti is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the you in the ith session
Miq is the sum of the mean marks and standard deviation of the ith session
GATE score will be calculated using the formula:-
In the above formulae
M= marks obtained by the candidate (actual marks for single session papers and normalized marks for multi-session papers)
Mq= is the qualifying marks for general category candidate in the paper
M?ti = is the mean of marks of top 0.1% or top 10 (whichever is larger) of the candidates who appeared in the paper (in case of multi-session papers including all sessions)
Sq= 350, is the score assigned to Mq
St= 900, is the score assigned to M?t
IITs Admission Procedure
IITs will conduct GATE Counselling through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). Candidates have to register to COAP and respective IIT for the admission in the M.Tech program. The COAP will offer the admission on the basis of GATE Score. The registration for admission in IITs will start after the result declaration or before that.
NITs, IIITs & GFTIs Admission Procedure
NITs, IIITs & GFTIs will conduct the GATE Counselling through Centralised Counselling for M.Tech (CCMT) for the admission. The application forms for the admission of NITs, IIITs and GFTIs will be available for the candidates in the month of March/April. Candidates have to fill the choices of their colleges and courses in the application form.
IISc Bangalore Admission Procedure
The admission in IISc Bangalore will be conducted before the declaration of the GATE Result. The institute will release the application form for the candidates. The candidates have to fill their choices of courses according to their preferences.
State Universities Admission Procedure
The GATE Counselling for the State Universities will be conducted on different dates from March to July month. Some states release their application form before the result declaration and some releases after that.
GATE Counselling :-
- For admission into the IITs, the conducting authority conducted own counselling procedure.
- On the basis of your scorecard, you will be eligible for counselling process.
- After the registration process, you will be called for the interviews or GD Test.
- The seats will be allotted to you on the basis of your performance every factors.
- Marks Secured in the GATE
- Seats availability
- Total students appeared
Documents Required for GATE Counseling Process :–
- GATE Score Card
- Engineering Academic Record (Mark sheets)
- Receipt of the Registration/Application Fee
- PwD category certificate
- SC/ST certificate
- ID proof
- Original mark sheet of 10th and 12th.