GCET or Goa Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam organized for taking in admissions for Pharmacy and Engineering courses. The Directorate of Technical Education Goa conducts the GCET exams. The GCET Application form has been postponed due to COVID-19, and the authority has not announced anything regarding the new dates yet. Aspirants can get insights about GCET 2020, including application form, exam dates, syllabus, exam design through this post.
|Examination Name||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||GCET|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education Goa|
|Level of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Selection Process||Through GCET 2020 Examination and Counselling|
|Exam Duration||2 Hrs|
The new GCET Exam Dates have not been released yet. Many events related to the exam has been postponed. The new GCET schedule will be updated soon.
|Availability of notification||August 2020|
|Starting of the application form and collecting admit card||To be notified soon|
|The last date of submission of application form and collecting admit card||To be notified soon|
|Written Exam Date||To be notified soon|
|Answer key Releasing||To be notified soon|
|Announcement of result||To be notified soon|
|Starting of Counselling (submission of application form B)||To be notified soon|
The GCET Application Process was set to be held from 26 March to 1 April but has been postponed due to COVID-19. We advise all the candidates to fill the details carefully. The complete information regarding the Application Form has been given below:
- GCET Application Form will be available in the Offline Mode.
- Candidates can download the Application Form and take a print out and fill it in the candidate’s own handwriting
- The new dates for the application form will be released soon.
- The Application Fee for the Examination is Rs 2000/-
- Candidates make a Demand Draft to pay the Application Fee.
- The Demand Draft is in favour of “Director of Technical Education”.
- Application form should be sent along with the Demand Draft and payable at Panaji
The GCET Eligibility Criteria has been briefly mentioned below:
- Candidates should be Indian.
- NRIs with a passport can also apply under the NRI category.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) can also apply
- There is no age restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
- For Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences, Dentistry and Nursing, the applicant must be at least years old as on 31 December of the year of admission.
The GCET Exam Pattern has been described below:
|Mode of Exam||Pen & Paper-based (PBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type|
|Number of Questions||75 MCQ type questions.|
|Exam Duration||2 hours for each subject (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for every correct answer.
There is no negative marking applicable in GCET
Check the subject wise number of Question and Maximum marks for the Particular Subjects;
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GCET Syllabus will be released by the “Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education”. Every year the syllabus of the examination will be similar. The syllabus will be set according to the class XII level. The syllabus includes:
GCET Preparation Tips are essential for every exam preparation. Candidates should make the correct Strategy to crack the examination. Check the preparation tips for the GCET examination below:
- Be updated with the latest Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Make separate notes for each and every subject.
- Make a time table and study according to it.
- Give equal time to each subject.
Those who have successfully registered with GCET after successfully application fee submission will be able to get their GCET Admit Card. Admit card will not be reissued if it is lost. Admit card will consist of all the crucial details about the exam like dates & timing, candidate’s name & roll number, venue for the exam.
The authority will release the GCET Result in the online mode. The result will be displayed on the official website of the exam conducting body. The result of the examination will be released after the successful conduction of the exam. The authority will also publish the examination result in the newspaper. The authority will not send the result to the candidates individually.
The Answer Key of the Examination will be released by the authority after the few days of the examination. The GCET answer key will be released in the online mode only. Candidates can visit the official website of the administration and download the answer key in the PDF Format.