The Registration for GPAT Examination 2021 will start from the first week of November 2020. National Testing Agency is the conducting authority of the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) which is a National-level entrance examination. GPAT is the main gateway to get admission into Pharmacy programs or Master’s (M.Pharm) programmes. All AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges accept GPAT Scores. Through this article, the candidates will get complete information regarding GPAT 2021.
GPAT 2021 Notification
The authority will release the GPAT 2021 application form from the first week of November 2020.
GPAT Exam Date 2021
GPAT 2021 exam dates are yet to be announced. The table given below shows the tentative schedule of GPAT 2021.
|Commencement of online registration||First week of November 2020|
|Last date of registration||Last week of November 2020|
|Availability of admit card||First week of January 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of January 2021|
|Announcement of result||Second week of February 2021|
|Release of All India Rank List||Third week of February 2021|
GPAT Registration 2021
Candidates who want to apply for GPAT Examination must go through all the instructions given below and accept the declaration to proceed further.
- Candidates can fill the application form via online mode, there is no offline mode facility available.
- The registration for GPAT Examination will start from the first week of November 2020
- Candidates can fill the application form till the last week of November 2020.
- In the application form, candidates need to fill their qualification details and upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- The size to upload the scanned signature images would be 60 x 90 (≤30 Kb) (signature) and 140 x 160 (≤60 Kb) (Passport size Photograph).
- Candidates need to fill the complete details correctly.
- The authority will not provide any correction as they are providing into the JEE Main and the NEET Examination.
- Once the candidates fill the application form completely, the must take a print out of the confirmation page.
GPAT Application Fee:
- Candidates who belong to General or OBC category, they need to pay Rs. 1400/- and candidates who belong to the Girls/SC/ST/PwD categories need to pay only Rs. 700/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee via two modes i.e. Online or offline mode.
- If candidates select online mode transaction candidates can pay application fee via credit card/debit card/master card. If in case candidates select offline mode transaction, candidates need to pay application fee via e-challan through any o the SBI branch across India. In offline mode candidates first need to generate e-challan fro the official website.
GPAT Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GPAT examination, Candidates need to check GPAT eligibility criteria which have listed below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: The is no prescribed age limit criteria.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have the Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are currently pursuing in the final year of the qualifying examination also eligible to apply for GPAT.
- Not Eligible: B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/Equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
GPAT Exam Pattern 2021
Those who wish to give GPAT Examination need to check the complete exam pattern before going to prepare:
- Mode: Computer-based online test (Online Mode).
- Duration: 3 hours (180 Minutes)
- No. of Questions: 125 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- Language: Question paper will be asked in the English language.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s totals marks.
GPAT Syllabus 2021
The conducting authority of GPAT also releases the complete GPAT syllabus 2021 on the official website. Candidates can download the PDF for the syllabus. Here we have listed the GPAT syllabus briefly. Here we have listed only those topics from where questions will be asked in the GPAT Examination.
Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy.
GPAT Preparation Tips
Candidates need to follow the below-listed tips and tricks to prepare for GPAT 2021:
- Make a Proper Time Table
- Review Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Select the best study materials
- Mock test
- Previous year Question papers.
- Time Management
- Speed and Accuracy
- Stay Healthy and Fit
- Take Proper Sleep
GPAT Exam Centers
Here we have listed all the exam centres where candidates will give the examination:
- Gautam Budh Nagar
GPAT Admit Card 2021
The authority will release GPAT Admit Card from the first week of January 2021. Candidates can download it via the official website. The admit card is available only via online mode. The authority will not responsible for sending the admit card via offline mode or speed post. Only the candidates who have successfully registered for the GPAT Examination can download their admit card. It is mandatory for all the candidates to carry their GPAT Admit Card in the examination hall for attempting the test. Those who do not carry their admit card along with them in the examination hall will not be permissible to attend the examination. So the candidates must carry their admit card.
GPAT Result 2021
The authority will declare GPAT result in the last week of February 2021. Through the help of scorecard, the students can get to know whether or not are they selected for getting admission into the master programs. By logging in on the official website, the candidates can download their result or scorecard. Once candidates download it, they must keep secure it for future reference till the completion of admission.
GPAT Score Card
The scorecard of GPAT examination will be valid for 3 years (3 Academic Sessions) from the date of declaration of result for admission in PG course. The scorecard for M. Pharmacy course is also valid or applicable for three years scholarship. Candidates can download their scorecard by visiting the official website of GPAT and then can download it by entering their login details into the available form.
GPAT Merit List
The exam conducting authority will release All India merit list and state merit list. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the GPAT entrance test. In the merit list below given information listed:
- Rank Obtained by the candidates, All India basis and state level
- Candidate Roll number
- Total Score
GPAT Admission 2021
The authority will not organize any centralized counselling after a successful declaration of GPAT exam result. There is no other centralized admission procedure available. Candidates need to participate in the counselling process by separately in that institution who are accepting GPAT Score while providing admission in their institutions for pharmacy courses. So for admission in good colleges candidates need to register for all the participating institutes. Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of GPAT Score which is obtained by the candidates in the GPAT Examination.