IIT JAM or Joint Admission test for M.Sc is a common admission test for IITs and IISc for the degree of M.Sc or Master of Science. IIT JAM is a national level examination organized by the IITs and IISc. this is conducted by IIT, Bombay. Through this exam, students can get admission in M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses. Top reputed colleges & institutions like IITs & IISc offer admissions into these courses on the basis of IIT JAM 2018 exam. This exam came into existence from the year 2014. Here we are providing details about IIT JAM 2018 exam, including answer key, result, score card & counselling, etc.
IIT JAM Result Declared Click here to check.
IIT JAM 2018 Question Paper & Answer key Released, Click here to Check.
IIT JAM 2018 |Important Highlights
Click Here to check Gate 2018 Answer key
|Exam Name||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
Other Post-Graduate Degree Programs at IITs
Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programs at IISc
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Date||February 11, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IIT JAM Exam date is february 11,2018 on the same day exam will be held for sevan papers namely Biotechnology, Biological Science, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statics and Physics.
IIT JAM | Exam Dates
|IIT JAM 2018 Application Form Release||September 05, 2017|
|Last date to submit form||October 10, 2017|
|Last date for application fee payment||October 10, 2017|
|Admit card||January 10, 2018|
|Exam Date||February 11, 2018|
|Declaration of result||March 20, 2018|
|Submission of admission form||April 12-25, 2018|
|Last date of verification of defective documents||May 08, 2018|
|1st admission list released||May 31, 2018|
|2nd admission list released||June 16, 2018|
|Final admission list released||June 30, 2018|
|Admission process will close on||July 05, 2018|
IIT JAM 2018 | Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian national.
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- At least 55% aggregate in their bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply for JAM 2018.
- Their final examination should be complete by the time of registering to the allotted institute.
- Candidates will have to submit proof of qualifying the minimum required eligibility by September 2018.
IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
IIT JAM 2018 Application Form will be available on the official JAM website from September 05, 2017. Candidates will have to first register on joaps from September 05, 2017 using e-mail ID, mobile number and password.
- Students can fill and submit the IIT JAM 2018 application form through online mode.
- Candidates have to register by entering their name, Email, Mobile Number and Password on the website.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Email containing their enrollment ID.
- After login through the ID & Password, candidates have to fill their personal, academic, qualification & other details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature.
- Make the fee payment via online mode.
- The authority has opened the correction facility from 30th October 2017.
- Make sure to check all the entries before the final submission.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the application form for future references.
IIT JAM 2018 | Application Fee
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
- Candidates have to make the fee payment through online mode only.
IIT JAM 2018 | Admit Card
JAM 2018 Admit Card is available via online mode on 9th January 2018. Admit card bear details like Candidate’s Name, Photograph, Registration Number, Signature, Code of Test Paper, Exam Center, etc. Admit card will not sent by post or Email. Candidates have to bring the downloaded admit card along with the original & valid photo identification at the examination centre. Candidates are not permitted to sit in the exam without valid admit card.
- Candidates can download the admit card by providing enrollment ID/registration number and password.
- IIT JAM 2018 Admit Card will contain the candidature and examination details including name, roll number, exam date and venue of the test centers along with the exam timing and duration.
- Printout of admit card along with a photo ID proof in original and photocopy will have to be brought on the exam day.
IIT JAM 2018 | Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of question||Marking||Type of questions|
|Section – A||30||10 questions- 1 mark
20 questions- 2 marks
|Multiple choice questions|
|Section – B||10||10 questions- 2 marks
(can have more than 1 correct choice)
|Multiple select questions|
|Section – C||20||10 questions- 1 mark
10 questions- 2 marks
|Numerical answer type|
- The exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Question paper will be asked in English language only.
- The exam has been divided into three sections.
- There is no negative marking for Section B & C.
- The question paper will have 60 questions of 100 marks.
IIT JAM 2018 | Exam Syllabus
The IIT JAM syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C. The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).Students can prepare from the above mentioned topics from the examination.
IIT JAM 2018 | Result
IIT JAM Result 2018 will be released on March 20, 2018. The result will be provided to students via online mode on the official website. Students can check IIT JAM 2018 Result by entering required details.
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.