What is LIC AAO? LIC AAO 2020 or Life Insurance Corporation Assistant Administrative Officer is a competitive exam which is conducted annually by Life Insurance Corporation of India to recruit for the following positions:
- AAO Actuarial
- AAO Chartered Accountant
- AAO Generalist
- AAO IT
- AAO Rajbhasha
This exam is conducted all across the country in various Exam Centers. The LIC AAO released its notification on February 25, 2020. All the essential information regarding the LIC AAO 2020 exam, such as important dates, eligibility criteria, age limit, etc. are mentioned in the release notification.
LIC AAO 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||LIC AAO 2020|
|Conducting Body||Life Insurance Corporation|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||English/Hindi|
|Intimation + Exam Fees||INR 700 (General category) and INR 85 (Reserved category)|
LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Nationality: The candidate applying for LIC AAO must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: The candidate applying for LIC AAO must be a minimum of 21 years old and a maximum of 30 years old as on March 1, 2020. There will be relaxation for the candidates of the reserved category.
LIC AAO 2020 Age Relaxation
|ECO/SSCO (General)||5 Years|
|ECO/SSCO (OBC)||8 Years|
|ECO/SSCO (SC/ST)||10 Years|
|LIC Employees(Confirmed)||Additional 5 Years|
|Physically Handicapped (General)||10 Years|
|Physically Handicapped (OBC)||13 Years|
|Physically Handicapped (SC/ST)||15 Years|
Qualifications: The candidate must have a bachelor’s/ master’s degree in any stream from a recognized University/Institute.
LIC AAO Exam Dates
The candidate aspiring to ace the LIC AAO 2020 must be aware of the tentative dates of the exam. The important dates are given below:
|Date of issuance of Official Notification||February 25, 2020|
|Date of filling and submitting the Online Application Form||February 25, 2020|
|Releasing Date of Admit Card for prelims||March 27, 2020|
|Date of the commencement of Prelims Exam||April 4, 2020|
|LIC AAO Prelims Result Date||May 25, 2020|
|LIC AAO 2020 Mains Date||June 2020|
|LIC AAO Main Result||July 2020 (Tentative)|
|LIC AAO 2020 Interview||July/August 2020|
|LIC AAO Final Result||September 2020 (Tentative)|
LIC AAO Vacancies 2020
The positions, along with the number of vacancies for the same, are given below:
|Electrical/Mechanical: MEP Engineers||
LIC AAO Guarantee Bond
The candidate who qualifies for the LIC AAO examination who but put in a probationary period for a year after joining. This period may also be extended to 2 years, depending on the performance of the candidate. Every candidate needs to make a bond of INR 2 lakh before joining. The individual will have to submit Deed of Indemnity at the individual’s cost, duly stamped, the stamp value of which will be as valid to the State in which the individual makes the bond.
LIC AAO Selection Procedure
The LIC AAO 2020 examination consists of three phases. The candidate must qualify each of these stages to finally qualify the LIC AAO. These three stages are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Exam
LIC AAO Application Process
The candidates who wish to apply for the LIC AAO 2020 must follow the below-given steps to fill the application form. The application forms are available on the official website of LIC.
- Visit the official website of LIC
- Go to the “careers” section
- Click on “Apply Online”
- Select “Click Here For New Registration.”
- Click on “Continue” after you’ve read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the required details like Name, Contact Details, etc.
- Enter the security code and proceed.
- You will receive LIC AAO 2020 Provisional Registration Number and Password on your registered email id and mobile number.
- Upload scanned copies of your Passport Size Photo and signature.
- Select the post you want to apply for, your category, and other personal details.
- Once you have entered all the information, click on “Save and Next.”
- Enter your educational and experience details, etc. and click on “Save and Next.”
- Check all the details and click on “Final Submit.”
- Upload scanned picture of hand-written declaration in the prescribed format.
- Pay the registration fee (INR 700 + Transaction Charges + GST for general candidates and INR 85 700 + Transaction Charges + GST for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.)
- Take a print out of the LIC AAO 2020application form and confirmation page for future reference.
LIC AAO Application Fee
The fee for LIC AAO is as mentioned below:
- SC/ST/PWD candidates: INR 85
- Others: INR 700
LIC AAO Exam Pattern
The candidates must be well aware of the paper pattern to ace the LIC AAO 2020. The paper pattern for prelims and mains are as given below:
|Sections||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Sections||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||20 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||30||90||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30||60||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language (Descriptive) for Rajbhasha||2||25||30 minutes|
LIC AAO Cut Off 2020
The candidate must score more than the cutoff marks to qualify for the LIC AAO 2020. The cut off marks for LIC AAO vary for each category. The cutoff marks for prelims and mains are as given below:
|Sections||Cutoff For SC/ST Candidates||Cutoff For Others|
|Sections||Cutoff Marks For SC/ST Candidates||Cutoff Marks For Others|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||27||30|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||27||30|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)/Knowledge of Language (Descriptive) for Rajbhasha||9||10|
LIC AAO Admit Card
The official admit card of LIC AAO 2020 will be released on the official website on March 27, 2020. The candidates can download the LIC AAO 2020 admit card from the website by entering their credentials (Registration Number and Password).
LIC AAO Result
The LIC AAO 2020 results are set to be declared in September 2020 (tentatively) on the official website. The results will be declared distinctly for each. No result will be sent individually t any candidate, and the candidates must download the result from the official website itself.
LIC AAO Salary
Selected candidates will get basic pay of INR 32795 monthly in the scale of Rs. 32795- 1610(14) –55335– 1745(4) –62315. Not just this, but there will also be other allowances, benefits, and perks along with the salary. The gross salary will be around INR 56,000 in ‘A’ Class city monthly.
Format of Hand Written Declaration for LIC AAO 2020
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), at this moment declare that all the information submitted by me in the LIC AAO 2020 application form is correct, true and valid. I will provide the supporting documents as and when required.”