There are a lot of reasons why individuals decide to examine a Medicine degree, running from individual calling to determining monetary benefit. Regardless of whether it’s the principal decision or the reinforcement qualification choice, practicing Medicine is a drawn-out duty and an opportunity that shouldn’t be trifled with. Being in the medical field is the dream of many candidates. The medical Course has been considered as a noble one as the individuals working in this domain get the opportunity to serve people. Therefore, the medical field is the most reputed field in India as well as abroad.
Medical Course Details
The objective of medical training is to change the candidate from professional to a healer. Medical training has created huge development from a procedure-driven methodology, with attention on characterizing prerequisites by time, to a result-driven model, with an emphasis on characterizing pertinent capabilities and choosing the encounters that assist students with accomplishing them. As a major aspect of this change, a subject of rich conversation has been the time distributed to medical school, especially the fourth year.
The medical vocation is one of the essential ones in present-day society, so it makes sense that medical degrees are extensive, requesting, and by and large among the most testing and serious paths to choose from. The requirement for a medical degree depends so vigorously on your trust in yourself, outright pledge to the field, and your drive to have any kind of effect in genuine individuals’ lives.
The individuals who decide to consider medical degrees will require a solid enthusiasm for technical studies, alongside energy for helping other people – and it’s a mix of these two factors that give the inspiration expected to prop up through the numerous long periods of preparing required to turn into a completely qualified medical expert.
However, when we talk about medical courses, an image of a doctor starts revolving in our mind, but it is not so. There are plenty of career choices that a student has after taking the medical field. In this article, we will give you complete information about the medical field, and all other details regarding this.
The admission for medical courses is made through entrance examinations only. Some of the most popular medical entrance exams are listed below:
|Name of the Exam||Courses offered||Conducting Body|
|AIAPGET||MD, MS, PG Diploma (AYUSH courses)||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|DNB PDT||DNB||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|FET||FNB||National Board of Examinations|
|FMGE||Licensing Examination||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|NEET||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|NEET MDS||MDS/PG Diploma (Dental)||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|NEET PG||MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB post-MBBS||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|NEET SS||DM, MCh||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|PGIMER (Other)||DM, MCh, MD(Hospital Administration), MPH, PGDPHM, MDS(House Job)||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh|
|PGIMER||MD, MS||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh|
|JIPMER PG||MD, MS, MDS||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research|
|AIIMS SS||DM, MCh, MD(Hospital Administration)||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi|
|AIIMS PG||MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, MDS||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi|
Some other exams are also listed below:
- VCI: Veterinary Council of India
- UPPGMEE: UP Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination
- UPMT: Uttaranchal Pre Medical Test
- UPCPMT: Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test
- UPCAT Dental: Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test Dental
- UG AWT: Under Graduate Admission Written Test
- SRMC: Sri Ramachandra Medical College
- PMT Rajasthan: Pre Medical Test Rajasthan
- PMT Madhya Pradesh: Pre Medical Test Madhya Pradesh
- PMT Haryana: Pre Medical Test Haryana
- PMET Punjab: Punjab Medical Entrance Test Punjab
- PIMS: Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences
- PGMET J&K: Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test Jammu & Kashmir
- PGMAT: Post Graduate Medical Admission Test Bihar
- PGIMER: Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh
- MMST: Masters in Medical Sciences Technology
- MHT CET: Maharashtra Health Science & Technical Common Entrance Test
- MH SSET: Maharashtra Super Speciality Entrance Test
- MGIMS CEE: Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Competitive Entrance Examination
- MAHER: Meenakshi Academy Of Higher Education And Research
- JIPMER: Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- HPCPMT: Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre-Medical Test
- GUJ CET: Gujarat Common Entrance Test
- GGSIPU CET: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- EAMCET: Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test
- DUMET: Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test
- DMER: Directorate of Medical Education and Research Maharashtra
- COMEDK: Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka
- CMC Vellore: Christian Medical College Vellore
- CET Punjab: Common Entrance Test Punjab
- CET Karnataka: Common Entrance Test Karnataka
- CEE Kerala: Combined Entrance Examination Kerala
- BVU CET: Bharati Vidyapeeth University Common Entrance Test
- BHU PMT: Banaras Hindu University Pre Medical Test
- AU MEE: Annamalai University Medical Entrance Exam
- AMUPMDC: Association of Management of Unaided Private Medical and Dental Colleges
- AMU CAT: Aligarh Muslim University Common Admission Test
- AIPVT: All India Pre-Veterinary Test
- AIPMT: All India Pre Medical Test
- AIMS CET: Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Common Entrance Test
- AFMC: Armed Forces Medical College
List of Medical Courses
The courses that the students can opt for in the medical field have been listed below:
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery): The duration of this course in India is 5.5 years. MBBS is a bachelor’s degree in the medical field for becoming a doctor.
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery): The duration of this course in India is 4 years.BDS is a professional degree program in dentistry.
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery): The duration of this course in India is 5.5 years. BHMS is a bachelor’s degree in Homeopathic Education in India and is conducted by the National Institute of Homeopathy.
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery): The duration of this course in India is 5.5 years. BAMS is a bachelor’s degree in ayurvedic Medicine and is controlled by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM).
- MD (Doctor of Medicine): The duration of this course in India is 3 years. The minimum eligibility for this course is MBBS, and only the candidates who have successfully become a physician can pursue this.
- MS (Master of Surgery): The duration of this course in India is 3 years. This degree is awarded to the candidates who want to pursue a master’s course in surgery. The candidates applying for this course must have cleared MBBS.
- DM (Doctorate in Medicine): The duration of this course in India is 2-3 years. DM is a doctorate degree which is similar and equivalent to the Ph.D.
- BPharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy): The duration of this course in India is 4 years. The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks with biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
- BSc Nursing: The duration of this course in India is 4 years. The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with at least 45% marks with biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
- BPT (Physiotherapy) – The duration of this course in India is 4.5 years The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks with biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
- BOT (Occupational Therapy): The duration of this course in India is 3 years. The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- M.S (Unani Medicine): The duration of this course in India is 5.5 years. BUMS degree is similar to the BAMS but in Unani medicines. The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Urdu is compulsory up to Class X.
- Pharm (Ayurvedic, Siddha Medicine): The duration of this course in India is 2 years. It is a diploma course in the pharmacy of ayurvedic medicines. The candidates applying for this course must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Lab Technicians): The duration of this course in India is 3 years. It is a UG degree of medical laboratory technology and consists of the entire laboratory practices of the medical system. The students applying for this course must have cleared the Class XII exam with PCB. Various institutions are offering the B.Sc. program in medical laboratory technology in India.
- DMLT (Diploma of Medical Lab Technicians): The duration of this course in India is 1 year. It is a diploma course in medical laboratory technology and consists of the laboratory practices of the medical field. The applicant must have cleared Class XII with PCB.
People are also reading:
- Management Courses
- Top PGDM Courses
- BCA Courses
- BBA Courses
- B-Pharma Courses
- BDS Courses
- MBBS Courses
- Law Courses
- BSc Courses
- Humanities Courses
- MCA Courses
- MBA Courses
- Top Medical Colleges in India