What is MPT Course? Physiotherapy is a piece of rehabilitative medication. It centers around the utilization of active recuperation, rubs, physical developments, and exercise to improve and fix wounds, deformations, and infections. Alongside restoration, some other significant areas of physiotherapy are-conclusion, assessment, and evaluation of the condition. In contrast to the conventional parts of medication, physiotherapy doesn’t depend widely on the utilization of medications and medication. Rather, it depends on the utilization of physical treatment to improve the circumstance.
MPT Course Details
MPT or Master of Physiotherapy is a course that manages the investigation of non-intrusive treatment for joints related issues. It is a 2-year full-time professional degree. MPT lays more accentuation on the procedures and strategies utilized for physiotherapy, including both current methods and the regular ones. MPT or Master of Physiotherapy is a postgraduate physiotherapy course, which centers on the well-being of a person. MPT course span is two years. MPT course is one of the numerous paramedical courses which is picking up an incentive in the activity advertise. MPT course centers on preparing understudies in physiotherapy with various strategies by utilizing both present-day innovation and common methods. MPT course esteems the significance of the physical wellness of the patients, and MPT course graduates are prepared in like manner. MPT course is picking up force and is accessible in practically all the clinical schools in India. The least qualification for the MPT course is to have a four-year college education in physiotherapy. MPT course has an entirely great job scope and is selected in practically all the medical clinics and a couple of organizations too. MPT course graduates additionally win an entirely decent compensation contrasted with other paramedical courses.
|Full-Form||Master of Physiotherapy|
|Age Limit||Not Applicable|
|Minimum Percentage Required in UG||50% in relevant Bachelor Degree|
|Mandatory Subjects||Bachelor Degree in any health science discipline|
|Average Fees||INR 35,000 to 3.1 Lakh per annum.|
|Similar Options||DPT, BPT|
|Average Salary||INR 3.47 L per annum.|
MPT Course Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Masters in Physiotherapy in India is as given below:
- The applicant must have completed Class XII with the Biology stream.
- The candidate must have an interest in solving physical problems of humans and have a good knowledge of Physiotherapy and related subjects.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with more than 50% aggregate score in it along with a 6-month internship.
Why Choose MPT?
Master of Physiotherapy is a propelled program where one individual figure out how to pick one of the extremely testing positions like a clinician, instructor, specialist and scientist, and so on. MPT empowers one individual to concentrate plenty of abilities in rewarding patients and addition more trust in the process. Getting a master qualification in one’s picked field of intrigue builds the business openings. Masters program consistently will, in general, show the candidates hypothetical and for the most part, functional information about the MPT course. MPT course gives a strong stage for future physiotherapists and will, in general train them to be the best in the field.
MPT Entrance Exams
The most popular entrance exams of MPT are as given below:
- MAHE OET: MAHE OET stands for Manipal Academy of Higher Education Online Entrance Test which is conducted by the Manipal Educational Institutions conducts for students willing to do higher education at Manipal University. This exam is conducted every year.
- NEET PG: It stands for National Eligibility Entrance Test for Post Graduation and is conducted annually by the National Board of Education to enroll students in postgraduation programs in any of the medical and paramedical courses anywhere in India.
- IPU CET: This exam is conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for aspirants called to enroll them into Physiotherapy courses. Students interested in a physiotherapy course can apply for the exam.
- CMC Vellore PG: Christian medical college, Vellore organized this entrance test to enroll students interested in the MPT course.
- Exercise Physiology
- Physical and Functional Diagnosis
- Principles of Physiotherapy Practice
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- Cardio-Respiratory Disorder
- Community Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports
- Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders
MPT Course Fees
MPT course expenses differ from university to university. As MPT is a postgraduate certificate, the course expense is a lot higher than a four-year college education (UG). The normal MPT course goes from INR 35,000 to 3 Lakh for each year.
- Basic Probability and Sampling Distributions
- Biomechanics of Tissues and Structures of the Musculoskeletal System
- Development of the Physiotherapy Profession
- EMG and Biofeedback
- Instrumentation for Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Introduction to Biostatistics and Research Methodology
- Responses and Adaptations of various systems to Exercise and Training
- Anatomy and Physiology of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Nervous System
- Clinical Symptomatology, Pathophysiology, and Pathomechanics of Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Health and Illness; Levels of Healthcare & Fitness
- Maternal and Childcare in General Physiotherapy
- Normal Motor Development
- MPT Cardiopulmonary Sciences
- MPT Community physiotherapy
- MPT Geriatrics physiotherapy
- MPT in Health Promotion & Disability Rehabilitation
- MPT Musculoskeletal science
- MPT Neurological sciences
- MPT Orthopedics
- MPT Paediatrics physiotherapy
- MPT Sports science
MPT Job Opportunities
Few jobs and positions for MPT students are discussed below:
- Chief Physiotherapist
- Research Assistant
- Self Employed Private Physiotherapist
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator
- Therapy Manager
- Apollo Hospitals
- Carnea Health Management Systems
- Columbia Asia
- Defence Ministry of India
- DRS Physio & Wellness
- First Physio Clinic
- Fortis Hospital
- Help Age India
- Hosmat Hospital
- Pain-Free Physiotherapy Clinic
- Sarthak Health Care
- Spectrum Physio Centre
MPT course is one of the best courses, and the graduates are enrolled in both medical clinics just as organizations. MPT course graduates gain higher than the four-year college education (UG) holders in a similar field. The normal MPT pay is INR 3.47 Lakh per annum.
List of MPT Colleges
- Amity University
- Annamalai University
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab
- BCF College of Physiotherapy
- Chandigarh University
- Galgotias University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences And Research, New Delhi (HIMSR), Delhi
- Jagannath University
- Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University – JRNRVU, Udaipur
- Jodhpur National University
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Manipal University – Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- MUHS – Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
People are also reading:
- Top PGDM Courses
- BSC Courses
- BBA Courses
- B-Pharma Courses
- BDS Courses
- MBBS Courses
- Law Courses
- Medical Courses
- Humanities Courses
- MCA Courses
- MBA Courses
- BCA Courses
- BPT Courses
- BMS Courses