UPSC will conduct NDA Examination 2020 for enrolling students in the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force. There are certain steps of phases that a candidate must qualify in order to clear the NDA exam. In this article, you will get complete information about the NDA selection process.
NDA Selection Process
The NDA Selection process involves 2 stages – written test and SSB Interview. A candidate who cleared the first stage will be called for the next. The details regarding the written exam is given below –
- The written exam comprises two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT)
- Total marks of written exam is 900
- The test will be held for 2 ½ hours
- The test paper will have objective type questions
- The language of question paper for both the subjects will be set in Hindi and English
- Candidates must at least secure 25% NDA selection marks in each subject of written exam
NDA Selection Procedure 2019 – SSB Interview
After conducting the written exam, UPSC prepares a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying NDA selection process marks as decided by the commission. The candidates who cleared the first stage will be called to appear for the next stage i.e. SSB Interview. In this stage, a candidate will be analyzed on Officers Potentiality. Needs to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) if you have applied for the Air Force.
- SSB Interview consists of a two-stage selection process – Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test
- Selected candidates need to report to the Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards
- Such candidates need to undergo the stage-one test at the respective selection centres
- Candidates qualifying the stage one test will be selected for the second stage
Candidates who qualify stage two are required to submit the original certificates along with one photocopy of the following certificates –
- Pass Certificate of Class 10 or equivalent certificate in support of date of birth
- Pass Certificate of Class 12 or equivalent in support of educational qualification
Day-wise SSB Interview
|Day 1||Picture Perception* test and Description Test|
|Day 2||Psychology Tests|
|Day 3||Group Testing Officers Task|
Documents Required for NDA Selection Process
The candidates selected for the interview are required to carry and later on submit the following documents to the academy for verification. Candidates claiming admission under reserved categories should carry the relevant documents.
All the documents should be carried in original as well as Photostat copies. Failure to carry any of the necessary documents could lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Original 10+2 or Class 12th passing certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Certificate of Eligibility for certain categories of students.
- Category or Caste certificate applicable to SC, ST, OBC etc.
- Identity and Address Proof
NDA Selection Process 2020 – Final Merit List
- To acclimate in Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force through NDA, candidates need to make sure about the base NDA cut off 2019 marks endorsed UPSC, Candidates to score the cut off independently in written test as well as the SSB Interview.
- Needs to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) if you have applied for the Air Force.
- Candidate’s final selection will be done according to the opportunities exposed to their NDA qualification, clinical wellness and merit-cum-preference of candidates.
NDA Selection Procedure 2020 – Terms for candidate’s disqualification
- On not having official qualities and not suitable on disciplinary grounds for the NDA or 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy, then he/she can be rejected on this stage.
- Earlier, if any candidate who applied for NDA or Indian Naval Academy and were rejected on medical terms or left intentionally. This time he/she will get a chance to get admission if they clear the medical test.