NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam consists of Mathematics and General Ability Test which reflects the aspirant’s logical ability and general awareness. The standard of NDA syllabus is of Class 10, 11 and 12 levels.
- The NDA Exam is of a total of 900 marks. Mathematics is for 300 marks while General Ability test is for 600 marks.
- It is an offline examination i.e. pen and paper-based test with objective type questions.
- For every wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.33 marks.
- On clearing the written examination, the next stage is to clear the SSB Interview which holds 900 marks.
- The NDA Question Paper will be available in both the languages i.e. English and Hindi.
NDA Exam Pattern 2020
Both sections possess different question papers. In order to get admission in NDA (National Defence Academy), it is necessary to clear all the stages respectively. Check the NDA Exam Pattern mentioned below:
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
|Marks awarded for Correct answer||2.5 marks|
|Marks deducted for the wrong answer||-0.85|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
|No. of questions in English Section||50|
|No. Of questions in General knowledge Section||100|
|Maximum Marks for English||200 marks|
|Maximum Marks for G.K.||400 marks|
|Marks for Correct Answer||4 marks in both sections|
|Marks for Incorrect Answer||-1.33 marks in both sections|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
NDA Syllabus 2020 for Mathematics
In this, questions will be asked from 10+2 level only. It is fully based on questions related to Mathematics only. Till now, no change is observed in NDA Mathematics Syllabus. Questions are of basic level even the subsections in this part states the same level of questions. Check out the Mathematics important topics to score the best:
|Algebra||Matrices and Determinants|
|Trigonometry||Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions|
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Vector Algebra||Statistics and Probability|
NDA Syllabus 2020 for General Ability Test
The General Ability Test i.e. Paper 2 in NDA. It examines a candidate’s English proficiency and basic awareness. This segment is additionally separated into two sections, English and General Knowledge.
- Absolute marks granted to Paper 2 are 600.
- This paper must be finished in 2.5 hours.
- Here is the subject-wise NDA Syllabus for Paper 2:
Part A- English
- To analyse the candidate’s knowledge of basic grammar and vocabulary.
- It makes a decision about an aspirant’s capacity to frame the right sentences and utilization of words.
- The syllabus of the English paper ranges from various aspects like the knowledge and usage of grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and his mental ability to remember and place the meaning of words in their proper places.
- Marks allotted to this section are 300.
Part B- General Knowledge
The question paper on General Knowledge will cover current affairs, questions from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events. NDA syllabus of each topic is given below. The paper aims to check knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.
The table below includes the important topics asked in the Physics section of the General Ability Test:
|States of Matter and its properties||Light and Sound (properties)|
|Motion and Laws of Motion||Magnet and its properties|
|Work, Energy and Power||Current and Electricity|
|Modes of Transfer of Heat and its effect||General Principles of Working of Simple Pendulum, Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightning Conductors, Safety Fuses|
The basic knowledge of Chemistry and various chemicals is tested in the chemistry section. The topics to be considered for preparation are given below:
|Physical and Chemical Changes||Properties of Oxygen, Hydrogen etc. with Oxidation and Reduction|
|Air and Water (properties)||Carbon and its forms|
|Chemical equations and Laws of Chemical Combination||Atom and its structure (details)|
|Elements, Compounds and Mixtures||Fertilizers|
|Acids, Bases and Salts||Use of materials for the preparation of different chemicals|
General Science Section
The topics for general science are tabulated below. The candidates must prepare according to the NDA Syllabus to obtain a good score in the NDA exam.
|Basic Unit of Life: Cell||Reproduction in Plants and Animals|
|Living and Non-Living Things||Human Body and Life processes|
|Epidemics: causes and preventions||Food and Balanced Diet|
|Solar System||Achievement of Eminent Scientists|
The important topics covered in the history section of the general ability test in NDA are given in the table below:
|Indian History: Culture and Civilisation||Constitution and Administration of India|
|Nationalism in India||Government of India at various levels|
|Five Year plans of India||Renaissance and Discovery|
|French, Russian and Industrial Revolution||United nations and the Concept of one world|
|Democracy in India||Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi|
Candidates must prepare the following topics thoroughly for the Geography section in NDA 2020:
|Earth and its Origin and Movement (latitudes and longitudes)||Tides and Oceanic Currents|
|Rocks and Its classification||The atmosphere and Atmospheric Pressure|
|Types of Climate||Regional Geography of India|
|Agricultural and Industries||Transportation and Trading routes of India|
|Imports and Exports of India|
Current Affairs Section
Candidates must follow the latest newspapers and magazines with information about the current events across the country and the world both. The topics to be prepared to qualify in this section with good marks are tabulated below:
|Important and Recent Events in India||Current and Important World Events|
|Important Indian or Non-Indian Personalities related to Cultural Activities and Sports||–|
NDA 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some valuable NDA Preparation Tips to score better in the test:
- Must go through with the entire NDA Syllabus and memorize the whole NDA Exam Pattern.
- As the exam is of class 10, 11 and 12th standard level, aspirants should memorize the class 10, 11 and Class 12 NCERT books.
- Formulae/ ideas from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, must be on your fingertips.
- Practice as many as the NDA Previous Year Question Paper in order to understand the pattern, style, framing of questions, etc. and perform according to your systematic timetable of study pattern.
- Focus on reading comprehension, basic grammar and vocabulary, which plays a vital role in the English section. You should amend the essential language structure rules from a dependable source.
- Be very much aware of current issues and occasions that are making news.
- Ensure the political and recorded situation of India is on your tips.
- Take help from training centres whenever required, however, ensure they hold a decent record.
NDA Exam Day Instructions
Here candidates can check some instructions for examination day:
- Candidates must reach the examination hall before 30 minutes of the commencement of exam.
- Do not bring a calculator or any other electronic device in the examination hall.
- Candidates should not do any rough work in the question paper or OMR sheet; Rough work will be done only in the textbook.
- Do not leave the examination hall without permission of invigilators.
People are also reading: