The conducting authority of NEET, the National Testing Agency has released the NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria in its official notification published in December 2019. It is advised that the candidates go through the NEET eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding towards the NEET Application Form. The national level medical entrance exam is conducted for taking admission in MBBS and BDS courses for postgraduate and undergraduate programs offered by the top medical and BDS colleges of the country. NEET is the gateway of opportunities for the students who are seeking to build their career in the medical field. Through this article, you will get complete information regarding the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria will be allowed to apply for the exam. The students who fail to fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be eligible to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 is as given below:
- Number of Attempts: In recent news, it is released that from these candidates will able to attempt exam 9 times (GEN) & 14 attempts (SC/ST/OBC category candidates).
- Aadhaar Card: For NEET Registration process candidates must have a valid Aadhaar card those who are Indian Citizen.
- Indian Nationals,
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- Minimum Limit: At the time of admission candidates must be a minimum of 17 years old on or before 31st December 2020
- Maximum Limit: There is no upper age limit applicable
- Relaxation: A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the SC/ST/OBC category candidates
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the Class XII or equivalent from a recognized institute
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates need to secure the following minimum marks
- General category 50%
- PWD category 45%
- SC/ST/OBC 40%
- Appearing Candidates: A candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination will also be eligible.
Note: Maths marks will not be considered for admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be the citizen of India, An NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign candidates can also apply.
For J & K, AP & Telangana States:
- Those who belong from J&K, AP and Telangana will be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats and also eligible for admission to the AFMC, Pune for this they need to declare a self-declaration.
- Those who belong from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and J & K may also appear for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
Most of the 85% seats for admission into the MBBS/ BDS courses are filled through state counselling which is conducted after successful result declaration and remaining 15% of the seats are filled through All India quota which is under centralized counselling in all over India. Here we have listed the eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states:
- Those who have appeared/appearing in the qualifying examination.
- Those who have a valid domicile of the respective states.
- Residential proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are some other medical colleges which also participating in NEET Exam for fulfilling the which are as follows:
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Jamia Hamdard University
- The University of Delhi.
- As per the Government of India’s rules an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates can appear in the exam.
- Maximum age limit would be measurable according to the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, who are seeking to admission for participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.