Central Board of secondary education (CBSE) already released their NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018. It is advised to the candidates that read carefully the eligibility criteria when you proceeding to fill application form. The national level medical entrance test is known as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) which is conducted for admission in MBBS & BDS courses which is offered by the medical and dental colleges across India. Candidates can get complete details of NEET Eligibility Criteria from the below given articles.
NEET 2019 Exam dates for February & May has been released now, The Application Form will be available form 1st October 2018, Click Here to view exam Dates.
NEET 2019 Exam is Conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency) Twice a year, Click Here for more info.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
When you are going to fill NEET Application Form there you need to check the eligibility. Below listed are the point which you must fulfill for appearing NEET 2019:
- Number of Attempts: In recent news it is released that from these candidates will able to attempt exam 9 times (GEN) & 14 attempts (SC/ST/OBC category candidates).
- Aadhaar Card: For NEET Registration process candidates must have a valid Aadhaar card those who are Indian Citizen.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Minimum Limit: At the time of admission candidates must be 17 years old on or before 31st December 2018.
- Maximum Limit: At the time of admission candidates must be 25 years old as on date of examination.
- Relaxation: Relaxation will be provided for the SC/ST/OBC category i.e. 5 years.
|Unreserved Category (UR)||Born on or after 8th May 1993|
|SC/ST/OBC Category||Born on or after 8th May 1988|
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or ISCE which is equivalent to 10+2 examination after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates need to secure
- For GEN: 50% marks
- For SC/ST/OBC: 40% marks in PCB groups.
- Appearing Candidates: A candidate who are appearing in the qualifying examination will be eligible. They need to bring their passing certificate at Counseling time.
Note: Maths marks will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be the citizen of India, An NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign candidates can also apply.
For J & K, AP & Telangana States:
- Those who belong from J&K, AP and Telangana will be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats and also eligible for admission to the AFMC, Pune for this they need to declare a self declaration.
- Those who belong from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and J & K may also appear for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
Most of the 85% seats for admission into the MBBS/ BDS courses are filled through state counselling which is conducted after successfully result declaration and remaining 15% of the seats are filled through All India quota which is under centralized counseling in all over India. Here we are listed eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states:
- Those who have appeared/appearing in qualifying examination.
- Those who have a valid domicile of the respective states.
- Residential proof of the state.
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
There are some other medical colleges which also participating in NEET Exam for fulfilling the which are as:
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Jamia Hamdard University
- University of Delhi.
- As per the Government of India’s rules an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates can appear in the exam.
- Maximum age limit would be measurable according to the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, who are seeking to admission for participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
for more information & query regarding NEET 2019, leave a query in below comment box
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.