NEET 2020 Result can be expected to release in the month of October 2020, considering the exam is now scheduled for September 13, 2020. NTA Director-General Vineet Joshi also stated that NTA will try to declare NEET results within 15 days after the exam, to avoid any further delay in processes like counseling and admissions. Candidates can download their results from the official website – ntaneet.nic.in. This year, more than 15 lakhs students have registered for the exam. Check NEET 2020 Expected Cut Off
- The subject-wise percentile score obtained by a candidate, total marks, NEET all India rank, category rank, etc. will be mentioned in the NEET scorecard.
- NEET 2020 Counselling will start after the announcement of the result.
- Candidates qualifying the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat into approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India.
How to Calculate NEET Score and Rank?
Based on the NEET Result, a merit list will be prepared, and those who score more or equal to the cutoff will qualify the exam. Through the scorecard, the candidates can also check the merit list and their rank. The qualifying candidates of the NEET 2020 will be eligible for the counselling process.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded.
- For marking wrong option, -1 is deducted as penalty.
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option.
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula –
NEET 2020 Result Date
|Application forms available online||2 December 2019|
|Deadline to fill the application||6 January 2020|
|Deadline to pay the registration fee||6 January 2020|
|Correction window for the application form||15 January 2020 to 31 January 2020|
|Extended correction window||1 April 2020 to 3 May 2020 (Extended)
15 May 2020 to 31 May 2020 (Reextended)
|Release of NEET admit card||11 July 2020 (Tentatively)|
|NEET exam date||September 13, 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be notified soon|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified soon|
|NEET result||To be notified soon|
How to Check NEET Result?
The candidates must follow the steps given below to check their NEET Result 2020:
- Visit the official portal. (nta.ac.in).
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result.
- A new window will open. Enter your roll number, date of birth & verification code.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, the result will appear on the screen.
- Take a print out copy of result for future references.
Details mentioned in the NEET Score Card
The NEET scorecard is valid for one year only. Following are the details are mentioned in the NEET Scorecard:
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank – All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counselling under All India Seats 2020|
NEET Tie Breaker
- Higher marks secured in Biology in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, candidate with less number of wrong answers in will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie persists, candidate older in age will be preferred for merit ranking.
NEET Answer Key
The NEET Answer Key will be released one week after the successful conduction of the examination. The answer key will be released via online mode only. Students will get a rough idea regarding the marks they have secured with the help of answer key. The authority also provides the candidates with a facility to challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer key challenged. In case the candidate is proven correct, the amount is refunded to the candidate.
NEET Merit List
The merit list will be released with the result. The merit list is made based on the highest marks secured in the NEET Examination. NTA(National Testing Agency) also prepares the merit list for 15% All India Quota. With the help of the merit list, candidates will get admission in colleges or universities those offered BDS/Medical courses. The merit list will be declared via online mode. If in case two candidates have similar marks in the NEET Examination, NTA utilizes a tie-breaking method for making a fair choice between both students. The tie-breaker consider the following parameters:
- First, the candidate who scores higher marks in Biology subject is preferred.
- Second, the candidate who scores higher marks in Chemistry subject is preferred.
- Then the candidate who has a lesser number of wrong answers is preferred.
- The candidates who successfully qualify the NEET 2020 will be called for the counselling process, which will be based on their performance in the exam.
- For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counselling process will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
- Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the NEET Counselling Process conducted by the respective authorities.
- For the counselling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counselling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges.
- The authorities will provide admissions on the basis of the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges.
- Once the counselling process is completed, the candidates must report at their allotted colleges on time for the further process.