PGDM in Biotechnology is a productive way of opportunities for a candidate having all managerial skills. Many educational institutes in India provide the Post Graduate Diploma in Biotech Business Management for training eligible candidates to take finance, marketing, center concepts of the biotechnology (life science), and pharmaceutical industries.
Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management
Getting a PG Diploma in Biotechnology helps bioscience students build a productive career in life-science industries. Graduates from the bioscience training are suitable to register for the course. As per the fee criteria, the average tuition fee charged for a course ranges between INR 90,000 to 2 lacs per annum in India, and it depends upon the institute providing the course.
After completing this course, candidates will be hired in biotech firms or pharmaceuticals companies, chemical/ agricultural/ allied industries, life-science industries, food manufacturing, and different biotechnology-based R&D companies. Biotech management professionals may earn an annual salary ranging from INR 4.5 Lacs to 9 Lacs as per the role and industry.
PGDM in Biotechnology is a combination of both management and science. Graduate candidates who have already pursued biosystems such as genetics, biochemistry, embryology molecular biology, and cell biology are best befitted for pursuing this course and later a career in a bio-industry.
The course includes studying fundamental principles of management, ethical and environmental standards, core biotechnology management- based skill sets, laws and regulations in biotechnology, and research projects for the optimized and practical application of these concepts.
The course examines the nature of business based on bio scientific knowledge. This course includes significant interaction with bio-industries’ latest tools and techniques, management, and leveraging them through the best ways.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration||2 Years (Full-Time or Distance)|
|Examination scheme||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology & Biochemistry & Life Sciences- related fields|
|Admission Process||Management Entrance exam or Direct Admission in some cases|
|Course Fee||INR 90,000 to 5,00,000|
|Average salary||INR 4, 50,000 to 9, 00,000|
|Job Positions||Biotech Project Manage|
Who can obtain this course PGDM of biotechnology?
This course is suitable for candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any bio-related courses and marketing domain matters. Professionals in administration, marketing, (R&D) research and development, production, and marketing management courses may obtain the course if they are from a bioscience background and are looking for a career in the biotech field industry. So candidates are required to have the below skills.
- Research: Great scientific and analytical research skills are needed for climbing higher in the biotech management world.
- Production: knowledge of biological concepts, production processes, and measurement tools.
- Communication and Quality Analysis: An excellent attention for detailing and a high command of spoken and written English.
- Apart from it, teamwork skills and adaptability for changes are added advantages for Biotechnology Management’s career.
Admission Process of PGDM in Biotechnology
For admission in this course, graduates have to qualify for the proper management entrance examination with a needed minimum cut-off score as per the eligibility of institute conditions. Here is a process of selection is:
- Group Discussion (GD round): Qualifying students need to go through the game of GD based on performance in MH-CET, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, CAT, and XAT.
- Personal Interview: Applicants qualifying for the Group Discussion is called for the personal interview round.
- Technical Interview: Various institutes carry additional technical interviews for gauzing the candidates’ basic biotech education and overall knowledge.
Duration of This Course
It is a 2-year program approved through AICTE. This semester-based course has four semesters of 6- month duration each. This course involves an internship training program of 1 or 2 months that depends upon the institute allowing the course.
Syllabus of Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Biotechnology
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Communication
- Managerial Economics
- Information Systems Management
- Decision Science
- Financial and Cost Accounting
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Biochemistry and Physiology
- Physical Techniques and Bionanotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy
- Financial Management
- Business Communication II
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Sales and Distribution
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Applied Biotechnology
- Product and Brand Management
- Rural Marketing
- Hospital and Health Care Management
- OTC Marketing
- International Business
- Marketing Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Consumer and Industrial Buyer Behavior
- Clinical Research
- Regulatory Affairs
- Bioinformatics and Drug Designing
- Project Management
- Quantitative Models in Marketing
- Capstone Project
List of top institutes that offers PGDM in Biotechnology
Here is a list of the top institutes in India providing the course with their eligibility conditions, respective locations, admission processes, and fees charged by each institute.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Annual Course Fees|
|SIES College of Management-Studies||Mumbai||INR 4 to 5 Lacs|
|MITCON Institute of Management||Pune||INR 2 to 3 Lacs|
|PIMSR||Mumbai||INR 1 to 2 Lacs|
|Nicco Institute of Biotechnology (NIB)||Kolkata||INR 19,000 to 20, 000|
|Government-Polytechnic||Firozabad||INR 13 000 to 15, 000|
|D.N. Polytechnic||Meerut||INR 36,000 to 38,000|
With the increasing reach of bio-industry markets in India and worldwide, it provides countless career opportunities for ambitious management professionals. Biotechnology postgraduates of this course are provided profitable career opportunities in various bio-industry departments based on interest and skillsets. Various freshers are hired as a Manager/ Assistant Manager at various units in an organization. As per the job profile, a postgraduate of this course can expect an average annual salary ranging from INR 4.5 to 9 lacs, growing with experience.
In this article, we have provided complete information regarding the PGDM in biotechnology course available in India. So as we know, many educational institutes in India are providing the Post Graduate Diploma in Biotech Business Management to train eligible candidates to take finance, marketing, center concepts of the biotechnology (life science), and pharmaceutical industries.
People are also reading: