The sports industry is a well-growing field because there are no limits to athletes, sport product manufacturers, and coaches. This industry provides various jobs such as Sports Agent, Clubhouse Manager, Sports Development Manager, Business Manager, Sports Facility Manager, Sports PR, Sports Marketing Manager, etc. However, these job roles require appropriate skills and knowledge. So, this PGD in sports management can fulfill all candidates’ requirements in terms of knowledge and skills. Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management PGDM course offers various opportunities to grab high job profiles in the growing Indian sports industry and global sports. This industry includes the non-profit, commercial, and public sectors. This course prepares the students for positions in management, public relations, communications, marketing, event management, program development, human resource management, and sales.
Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management [PGDSM]
Post-Graduate Diploma in Sports Management is beneficial for the students to track their career in the right way. This PGD course of Sports Management joined with the valuable sports-related field that offers a solid foundation for sports management. This course also offers a practical experience so that students can understand a deeper knowledge of theoretical and practical concepts.
|Duration||One to two years|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any stream with the minimum required marks.|
|Admission process||Direct and Entrance exam Based( as per the institute requirements)|
|Course Fee||INR 2.92 Lacs|
|Average salary||INR 1.5 Lacs to 6 Lacs|
Syllabus and subject structure of Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management
- Management of Sports, Leagues & Teams
- Sports Facilities Planning & Management
- Sports Marketing & Merchandising
- Sports Funding & Financial Management
- International Sports Management
- Presentation on Practical Training
- Sports PR & Advertising Management
- Sports Event, Law & Risk Management
- Sports Health & Nutrition
- Social Media in Sports Management
- Training Report, Project & Viva – Voce
Eligibility criteria and admission process for Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management
As per the eligibility criteria, candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree having a minimum of 50% marks in any stream. Apart from it, Various institutes conduct the entrance test for admission.
The admission process of this PGDHHM course is done at the institute level, so every institute has its separate admission process. However, there is a standard process that all institutes for the admission process follow:
- Eligible candidates need to fill the application form, and this form is available on the institutes’ official website.
- Candidates need to attach all of the required documents and necessary details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates. Apart from it, some institutes also consider work experience for admission.
PGDSM provides significant opportunities for the graduates who want to pursue their careers in the sports field, so this course helps explore more quality in their particular areas such as physical education, sports medicine, fitness management, coaching, etc. So here is a list of top recruiting companies and job roles for the postgraduate of this course.
Top Recruiting Companies
|DNA Networks||Kooh Sports|
|Maximus||Mumbai District Football Association|
|Sports Interactive||Mumbai City FC|
|Sports 365||Sports Consult|
|Square of Sports||JSW Sports|
Top job roles after this course
- Sports Agent
- Sports PR
- Sports Development Manager
- Sports Facility Manager
- Sports Marketing Manager
- Business Manager for Sports Team
- Clubhouse Manager
- Health Club Manager
- Player Contract Manager
- School Athletics Director
- Sports Events Coordinator
- Sports Merchandiser
This article has provided complete information regarding the Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management course available in India. So as we know, this PGDM course offers various opportunities to grab high job profiles in the growing Indian sports industry and global sports. This industry includes the non-profit, commercial, and public sectors. This course prepares the students for positions in management, public relations, communications, marketing, event management, program development, human resource management, and sales.
People are also reading:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Import and Export
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rular Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management