RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria: RBI has release the Notification for the RBI Grade B 2018. the notification has been released on 3rd June 2018. the exam is conducts on three phases. i.e. Pre, Main & Interview. The Application has been started from 3rd July 2018. as per the official notification there are total number of 166 vacancies. Candidates can apply online mode only. In this article we will discuss about the RBI Grade B 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria
RBI Grade B Application Form has been Started. Click here to Apply.
RBI Grade B notification has been released. Click here to check Official Notification.
The Reserve bank of India (RBI) has released the Notification for the post of RBI Grade B officers. The RBI Grade B Application form has been started form 3rd July 2018. and the last date of Filling the Application form is 23rd July 2018.
RBI has release the RBI Grade B Exam Date for the exam, the RBI Officer Grade B Phase-I exam is conducted on 16th August 2018. and phase II exam will be conducted on 7th September 2018.
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of July, 2018 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st July, 1997. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The following minimum educational qualifications are prescribed for the posts:
|Posts||Minimum Educational Qualifications (as on 01-07-2018):|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||• A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations.
• The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||Essential:
a. A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
Note: SC, ST and PwBD candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years in Master’s Degree examination or equivalent recognized qualifications are eligible to apply.
Desirable: A Doctorate Degree in Economics or research or teaching experience in Economics or publications in standard journals would be considered as an additional qualification.
Candidates having M.Phil. Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
(i) Candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/ Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
(ii) The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 II (b) above.
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||Essential:
a. A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years; OR
b. Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years and one year post graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an institute of repute; OR
c. M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters / years OR
d. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
NOTE: For SC, ST and PwBD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree as in items a, b, c and d above is 50% or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/ years.
Desirable: (i) Candidates with a Doctorate in topics related to above subjects will be given preference. (ii) Research or teaching experience and publication in standard journals will be considered as an additional qualification.
Note: (i) Candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.
(ii) Candidates with research / teaching experience at a recognized Indian / Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
(iii) The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 II (b) above.
- The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification from a foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
Age Relaxation is:
Candidates who are belonging to the different Categories,will be provided relaxation in their upper age as per the rules decided by the RBI.
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
RBI Grade B 2018 – Preparation Tips
Here we discuss the Preparation tips for the Examination:
- Create a study plan for your preparations.
- Collect information about the complete Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic should get covered in your study plans.
- Selecting best study material for preparation will give you a chance to score well in the Grade B Examination.
- Try to follow only those topics which are trending and asked frequently previously years.
- The most important aspects while preparing for any entrance examination.
- Solving previous year question paper will give you the idea about the question papers, difficulty level.
for more information & query regarding RBI Grade B, leave a query in below comment box
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.