SSC CGL exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission) every year. Exam takes four tiers. this Exam is controlled and organized by Government of India every year, for the purpose of recruiting staff for various posts in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and in their Subordinate Offices.SSC CGL official notification was released by SSC on 15th May 2017 for various post in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and their Subordinate Offices. SSC CGL Exam Pattern follows 4 Tiers, Tier I & Tier II are Computer based objective based exam, and Tier III are descriptive exam.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern | Tier I
SSC CGL Tier I is mandatory for all the posts and its marks are added for further process as well. If you do not clear cut-off of Tier I Exam then you will not be eligible for Tier II. Below table shows the section wise breakup of questions and marks asked in SSC CGL Tier I exam.
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- Tier I is an objective based online exam.
- Time duration of Tier I is 60 Minutes.
- There are 4 sections in Tier I and each section contain 25 questions each.
- There are total number of 100 questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern | Tier II
In SSC CGL Tier II two papers are conducted on the same day. One is Quantitative Aptitude and the second one is English. In addition.
|Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||2 Hours|
|General English||200||200||2 Hours|
- Tier II is Computer based online exam.
- Paper 1 and 2 are compulsory for every post.
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”.
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern | Tier III
|SSC Tier III||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Descriptive Paper in English /Hindi||100||1 Hour|
SSC CGL Tier III is Descriptive Exam, and it is conducted offline. Candidate need to write Essay/Letter /Precis. this is the test of candidates writing skill in Hindi/English.
- Time duration of Tier III is 60 Minutes.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern | Tier IV
|SSC Tier IV||Time Duration||Syllabus|
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS & MEA only||45 Minutes||Word/Excel/ PowerPoint|
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.
Team Learn Dunia