The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the SSC CHSL examination. Only the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria are the set of requirements that the candidate must fulfil to be eligible to apply for the exam. This article will give you complete information regarding the SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2020.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2020
Only the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the SSC CHSL Application Form. The complete eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL 2020 are given below:
|1.||Qualifying exam||LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG)||Candidates should have passed class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
|Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG)||Candidates must have passed class 12 in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.|
|2.||Age Limit||Candidate must be between 18 to 27 years as on January 1, 2020|
|3.||Number Of Attempts||There is no specific number of attempts for SSC CHSL, but if one starts appearing from the minimum age defined that is 18 years he can give a maximum of 9 attempts.|
SSC CHSL Age Relaxation
|Categories||Age Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date of receipt of online application.|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
SSC CHSL Eligibility 2020 – Nationality
To apply for SSC CHSL 2020, the candidate must be the citizen of the following areas:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or (d)
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India, before January 1,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CHSL – Important Points to Remember
- The same date of birth should be mentioned in the CHSL Application form as mentioned in the 10th standard examination certificate.
- At the time of document verification, candidates seeking age relaxation must provide the required certificates or else their candidature will be rejected.
- Re-employment of Ex-servicemen under ESM is not applicable. As, they are already under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts, availing reservation benefits and obtained jobs in civil side.
- Call up services will be considered as rendered services in the armed forces, for the purpose of age relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen children, little girls and wards are not eligible to apply under ESM category for SSC CHSL 2020.