UBSE (Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education) conducts the UTET every year to recruit primary and secondary teachers for the state of Uttarakhand. UTET is a state-level competitive entrance exam. Those who are seeking to appear in this examination can check UTET Syllabus for Paper 1 or Paper 2. Get the complete UTET syllabus from the article given below.
UTET Syllabus 2020
Here you will get complete Syllabus for UTET 2020.
UTET Syllabus for Paper I
Child Development and Pedagogy Syllabus
This section comprises five units which contain 30 marks.
- Child Development: Concept of growth and development, Principles and dimensions of development. Factors affection development (especially in the context of family and school) and its relationship with learning
- Role of Heredity and environment
- Meaning and concept of learning and its processes. Factors of Affection learning.
- Theories of learning and its implication
- How Children learn and think.
- Motivation and Implications for Learning.
- Individual Differences: Meaning, types and factors Affection Individual differences Understanding individual differences on the basis of language, gender, community, caste & religion.
- Personality: Concept and types of personality, Factors responsible for shaping it. It’s a measurement.
- Intelligence: Concept, Theories, and its measurement, Multidimensional Intelligence.
- Understanding diverse learners: Backward, Mentally retarded, gifted, creative, disadvantaged and deprived, specially-abled.
- Learning Difficulties.
- Adjustment: Concept and ways of adjustment. Role of teacher in the adjustment.
- Teaching-learning process, Teaching learning strategies and methods in the context of National Curriculum Framework 2005.
- Meaning and purposes of Assessment, Measurement, and Evaluation. Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation. Constriction of Achievement Test.
- Action Research.
- Right to Education Act 2009 (Role and Responsibilities of Teachers)
- Unit I
- Unseen Prose Passage
- Linking Devices, Subject-Verb Concord, Inferences
- Unit II
- Unseen Poem
- Identification of Alliteration, Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Assonance, Rhyme.
- Unit III
- Modal Auxiliaries, Phrasal Verbs, and Idioms, Literary Terms: Elegy, Sonnet, Short Story, Drama.
- Unit IV
- Basic knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription.
- Unit V
- Principles of Teaching English, Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching, Challenges of Teaching English: Language Difficulties, Errors, and Disorders.
- Unit VI
- Methods of Evaluation, Remedial Teaching.
- Unit I
- Whole number up to one crore,
- Place Value,
- Fundamental mathematical operations: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division;
- Indian Currency.
- The concept of the fraction,
- proper fractions,
- comparison of the paper fraction of the same denominator,
- mixed fraction,
- comparison of proper fractions of unequal denominators,
- Addition and Substation of fractions,
- Prime and composite number,
- Prime factors,
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- University Law,
- Simple interest.
- Place and curved surfaces, plane and solid geometrical figures, prosperities of plane geometrical figures; pint, line, ray, line segment; Angle and their types.
- Length, Weight, Capacity, Time, measurement f area and their standard units and relation between them; Area and perimeter of plane surfaces of square and rectangular objects.
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking.
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum.
- Language of Mathematics.
- Community Mathematics.
- Evaluation through formal and informal methods.
- Problems of Teaching.
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
Environmental Studies Syllabus
- Family Personal relationships, nuclear and joint families, social abuses (child marriage, dowry system, child labour, theft); addiction (intoxication, smoking) and it’s personal, social and economic bad effects.
- Clothes and Habitats – Clothes for different seasons; maintenance of clothes at home; handloom and power loom; habitats of living beings, various types of houses; cleanliness of houses and neighbouring areas; Different types of materials for building houses.
- Profession – Profession of your surroundings (stitching clothes, gardening, farming, animal rearing, vegetable vendor, etc.), small and cottage industries; major industries of Rajasthan State, Need for consumer protection, co-operative societies.
- Public places and Institutions – Public places like school, hospital, post office, bus stand, railway station; Public property (street light, road, bus, train, public buildings, etc.); wastage of electricity and water; employment policies; general information about Panchayat, legislative assembly, and parliament.
- Our Culture and Civilization – Fairs and festivals, National festivals; Dresses, food-habits and art and craft of Rajasthan; Tourist places of Rajasthan; Great personalities of Rajasthan.
- Transport and Communication – Means of transport and communication; Rules for pedestrians and transport; Effects of means of communication on the lifestyle.
- Personal Hygiene – External parts of our body and their cleanliness; general information about the internal parts of the body; Balance diet and its importance; Common diseases (gastroenteritis, amoebiosis, methemoglobin, anaemia, fluoroscopic, malaria, dengue.) their causes and methods of prevention; Pulse Polio campaign.
- Living Beings~ Levels of organization of plants and animals, diversity of living organisms, state flower, state tree, state bird, state animal; knowledge of reserve forest and wildlife (national parks, sanctuaries, tiger reserve, world heritage), conservation of species of plants and animals, knowledge of Kharif and Rabi crops.
- Matter and Energy – Common properties of substances (colour, state, ductility, solubility) various types of fuels; types of energy and transformation of one form into another; Applications of energy in daily life, sources of light, common properties of light. Basic knowledge of air, water, forest, wetlands, and deserts; different kind of pollution, renewable and non-renewable resources of energy in Rajasthan and concept of their conservation; weather and climate; water cycle.
- Concept and scope of Environment Studies
- The significance of Environment Studies, Integrated Environment Studies
- Environmental Studies & Environmental Education learning Principles
- Scope & relation to Science & Social Science
- Approaches of presenting concepts Activities
- Experimentation/Practical Work
- Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation
- Teaching material/Aids
- Problems of Teaching