What is WBJEE 2020?
WBJEE Exam Highlights:
|Name of the Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducting Body||WBJEE Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||February 2, 2020 (Sunday)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|Number of Seats Available||34125|
|Helpdesk||1800 1023 789/ 1800 3450 050|
WBJEE Exam Dates 2020:
|WBJEE 2020 official notification released on||17 October 2019|
|Publication of information brochure and complete details||17 October 2019|
|WBJEE application form available on||18 October 2019|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||13 November 2019|
|Application Correction Window||14 – 16 November 2019|
|Downloading of admit card||24 January 2020|
|WBJEE Exam Date||02 February 2020|
|Release of WBJEE Answer Key||17-February-2020|
|Raise objections in WBJEE Answer Key||17-February-2020 to 19-February-2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2020 (tentative)|
WBJEE Exam Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates who wish to register for the WBJEE exam must check the eligibility criteria first. It is as given below:
- The candidate applying for WBJEE 2020 must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate’s age should be a minimum of 17 years as on 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the WBJEE 2020.
- However, for admission to the Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17 and the upper age limit is a maximum of 25 years as on 31st December 2020.
|FOR ENGINEERING COURSES||FOR PHARMACY COURSES|
|The candidate must have qualified the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.||The candidate must have qualified the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.|
|The candidate must have qualified the examinations of Physics and Mathematics along with Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as a compulsory subject.||The candidate must have qualified the examinations of Physics and Chemistry along with Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as a compulsory subject.|
|Aggregate marks should be 45% in all the three subjects taken together (40% for reserved category candidates)||The candidate must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/OBC-C/PwD in all the 3 subjects taken together.|
|The candidate must have passed English in 10+12th with a minimum of 30%.||The candidate must have passed English in 10+12th with a minimum of 30%.|
|Appearing Candidates can also apply.|
WBJEE Application Form 2020
The process of filling the WBJEE 2020 Application Form has ended on November 13, 2019. The correction window was open from November 14 – 16, 2019. The candidates who wish to apply for WBJEE Application Form can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of WBJEE 2020
- Click on “Registration for WBJEE 2020″
- Enter your personal details like name, date of birth, contact details and email address.
- Press submit.
- You will receive your registration number and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Log in using your credentials and fill WBJEE 2020 Application Form.
- Enter the details asked in the form like your domicile, category, PwD status, home district, family income, nationality, religion and choose 3 WBJEE exam centres.
- Upload scanned copies of your passport size photo and signature in the prescribed size and format.
- Pay the application fee using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card as per your category.
- Download the confirmation page and print it for future reference.
WBJEE Application Fees 2020
|Category||WBJEE Application Fee|
|General/ EWS||INR 700|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 500|
WBJEE Exam Pattern
The WBJEE examination is conducted in offline mode (PBT) in two phases, i.e., two papers- Paper-I (Mathematics) and Paper-II (Physics and Chemistry combined). Only the candidates who appear in both the papers will be eligible for admission in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy programs. The candidates who appear in the Paper-II only will be eligible for admission in pharmacy programs (except in Jadavpur University). The candidates who take only the first paper will not be eligible for admission in any program.
- The exam will be held through offline only on OMR Sheet.
- The total marks of the test will be 200.
- The questions will be of MCQ(Multiple Choice Questions) type.
- The candidates can only use only blue/black ballpoint pen.
- The question paper will comprise of three subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- A total of 155 questions will be asked in the examination.
- In Category-I, 0.25 marks and in Category-II, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in Category-III.
|Subjects||Category 1 Questions||Category 2 Questions||Category 3 Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Total||110 Questions||25 Questions||20 Questions||155 Questions||200 Marks|
WBJEE Marking Scheme
|Categories||No. of correct options||Marks per questions||Negative Marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||–0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||–0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 mark|
The syllabus comprises of three subjects:
Check the detailed syllabus below:
|A.P, G.P, H.P||Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic|
|Complex Numbers||Kinematics||Atomic Structure|
|Polynomial Equations||Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation||Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry|
|Permutation and Combination||Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics||The periodic table and Chemical Families|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Oscillations & Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Binomial Theorem||Electrostatics||Coordination compounds-|
|Matrices||Current Electricity||Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics|
|Sets, Relations and Mappings||Magnetic Effect of Current||Physical Chemistry,|
|Statistics and Probability||Magnetics||Environmental Chemistry|
|Trigonometry||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Coordinate geometry – 2D and 3D||Electromagnetic Waves||Aromatic Compounds|
|Calculus||Optics||Introduction to Bio-molecule|
WBJEE Admit Card
- The Admit Card was available from 24 January 2020 till the exam date.
- The candidate can download their admit card from the official website of WBJEE 2020.
- Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Click here to check the list of WBJEE Exam Centres 2020.
WBJEE Result 2020
- The WBJEE Result is expected to be declared in the 4th week of May 2020.
- Candidate can check their result in the online mode through the official website.
- The candidates must log in to the website using their application number and password to check the result.
- The result will be published in the form of rank cards, which will contain the candidate’s ranks, total score & component scores in Paper-I (Mathematics) & Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry).
WBJEE Answer Key
- The answer key has been published on 17 February 2020
- The candidates had the provision to challenge the answer key. The window for the same was 17 February 2020 to 19 February 2020 (11:59 pm)
- Candidates can challenge the answer key through online mode by making a payment of Rs. 500 per question via net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-Challan. This fee is non-refundable.
WBJEE Counseling Process
The candidates who qualify the WBJEE buy scoring equal to or more than the minimum cut off marks will be eligible for the WBJEE Counselling Process 2020. It is advised that the candidates check the official website and stay updated regarding the latest happenings of the counselling process. The counselling process will be conducted via offline mode only. On the time of registering for the counselling procedure, the candidate needs to fill their choice of colleges and programs. The whole counselling process is organised in three rounds. Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the examination on the basis of the merit and the preference of the candidates.