Preparation Tips of XAT 2018:
XAT is a Xavier Aptitude Test is national-level management aptitude test. It is organized by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) – Jamshedpur. in this article we discuss about XAT Preparation Tips.
XAT Preparation Tips:
- Create your own time table for XAT Exam and followed it properly.
- Analyze the subject wise topics and collect the syllabus.
- Collect information about the complete XAT Exam Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic should get covered in your study plans.
- Gather the mock papers and previous question papers and solved it.
- Clear the all basic concepts.
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per your prepared time-table.
- Include short breaks of 15 minutes between long hours of study.
- Maintaining a proper schedule for every task that you do can lead you to success.
- Divide the time for all subjects (Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, Essay writing and General Knowledge ).
a. XAT Verbal & Logical Ability:
Preparation tips for Verbal:
- Try to attempt the Reading Comprehension at the beginning and quickly.
- To increase your Vocabulary you should read more and more books and dictionary.
- Read newspapers, magazines and articles on daily basis.
- Candidates should work on improving your grammar part and practice reading a lot.
- Collect Mock papers and solve it.
- Practice at least 20-30 comprehension passages everyday.
- Read English News paper and watch English News channel daily for English Language Preparation.
- Vocabulary- Daily search new word and check the meaning and make the sentences with antonym.
- Vocabulary based questions like synonyms, antonyms, are knowledge-based questions and can be answered correctly if and only if the meaning of the words are known.
Preparation tips for Logical Ability:
- It is logic based questions and there are no formula to be used.
- Give some seconds over a question and read it carefully.
- Regular practice is the most important for XAT Exam and improve your speed.
- Apply common sense and understanding the subjects and logic questions.
- Candidate should try to solve 4-50 questions on each topic and more practice for reasoning questions and apply your own logics.
- Candidate need to pay special attention to words like ALL, SOME, NONE, OTHER THAN, UNLESS or ONLY. These words can play a critical role for false assumption.
b. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation:
Preparation tips for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation:
- Clearing the basic concepts is the first step when it comes to preparing for QA & DI section of XAT.
- Quantitative aptitude is the most time consuming section in exam.
- Data Interpretation is the most important part and should be your preference.
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time in bulky calculations.
- Focus on important topics only.
- Spend more time with these topics- Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems. These are easy topics and good scoring topics.
- Some topics are scoring but take more times to solve, these topics are- Profit and loss, number series, mensuration, number systems, speed and distance, etc.
- Learn all the important formulas and time yourself while practicing.
c. XAT Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning:
Preparation tips for Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning:
- Decision making is different from logical ability.
- Candidates need to follow a logical approach for solving the questions asked in the decision making section.
- This section can be divided into two parts – single questions passage and multiple questions passage.
- Single questions passage are easier to solve and are straightforward.
d. XAT Easy Writing:
Preparation tips for Essay Writing:
- Candidates must make sure that the essay has a proper structure.
- It should start with an introduction, must have a body and should end with a conclusion
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time.
- Highlights the main points in the essay writing.
- Using the Right Words and Facts:
- Read General Awareness Pratiyogita Darpan or any other current affairs magazine like CST, Chronicle or Wizard.
- Read the newspaper on the daily basis.
- The correct usage of words can leave a positive impression in the mind of the examiner and help the candidate to gain higher marks in the XAT exam.
e. XAT General Knowledge:
Preparation tips for general Knowledge:
- Candidate must follow a national newspaper in order to keep them updated about the happenings of the world because general awareness plays a very important part of the exam.
- General Awareness is a very scoring section and it is less time consuming.
- Candidates should read newspaper or e paper to by this you can increase your general knowledge.
- Concentrate on topics like Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/ Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who is who?, Sports, Book and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations & Important Days etc.
It plays a very important role in the preparation of XAT Exam.Before starting preparation, you have to create a time-table that covers all your subjects/topics.
- During preparation, never ignore your health, so maintain your health
- Take fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid junk food and heavy diet.
- At the time of preparation do yoga and meditation, it will help you to calm your mind, increasing inner peace, confidence and power of concentration.
- Never over stress yourself and try to get sleep for at least six to eight hours.
- Make sure you revise every topic thoroughly and prepare well every topic by revising time and again.
- Try to complete syllabus in time so that you will get enough time for revision.
- Keep a check on your performance; it is compulsory to directly jump upon the previous XAT question on the topic you just finished. You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.
- Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
- Allot last 2 days of examination for the preparation of important topics.
- Prepare separate revision plan for last minute preparation.
- At last revised all main topics.
We wish you all the best for your Bright Future.