XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude Test and is a national-level entrance exam organized by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute(XLRI) Jamshedpur. XLRI conducts the exam on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT scores are used by more than 800 institutes for admission to MBA, PGDM and other management courses. The exam is the gateway for admission in management courses. For more than 60 years XLRI is organizing XAT exam at all India level basis. The exam is conducted on January 3, 2021 (Sunday).
XLRI Jamshedpur offers the following management programmes:
- Business Management (BM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Global Business Management(GBM)
- General Management Programme (GMP)
The tentative XAT Exam Dates are as given below:
|Application date starts||September 12, 2020|
|Application date ends||November 30, 2020|
|Admit Card||December 20, 2020|
|Date of Exam||January 3, 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of January 2021|
|Admission cut off the release.||The third week of January 2021|
|Shortlisting||The fourth week of January 2021|
The XAT Eligibility Criteria has been discussed below:
- Nationality: All Indians can apply for this exam.
- Qualifications: Aspirants must have to pass Bachelor’s Degree of three years or equivalent in any stream from a recognized University or Institute.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply provided they complete the programme within the stipulated schedule.
- Foreign Candidates: NRI or foreign national candidates have to apply through GMAT scores (except Dubai & Kathmandu wherein candidates have the option to appear in the XAT examination).
- Age Limit: No age limit for applying the XAT Exam.
|Paper||Section||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25|
- Candidates have to fill the application form only online mode.
- Go to the official site of XAT.
- Click the register tab and create your account using valid mail id wherein you will get XAT ID and registration link.
- Click on the registration link to create a log in password. Candidates must conserve the login password for their XAT account along with XAT ID.
- The online application form is divided into categories like personal details, academic details, professional details, applying to XLRI programmes, uploading photograph and signature.
- Candidates can register for this exam till 15 December (with late fee).
- Candidates made the payment through online (Credit/ Debit/ net banking) or offline mode (Cash payment/ Demand Draft by IDBI bank).
- If candidates made the payment through cash by IDBI Bank, then candidates take a print out of the XAT Pay-In-Slip.
- At last, candidates take the printout of the confirmation page for further use.
- Candidates can pay the fee through online modes like credit/ debit or net banking.
- Candidates can also make the payment through cash and candidates have to take a printout of XAT pay-in-slip by visiting the nearest IDBI bank and pay the application fee.
- For payment through DD, make a DD in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur from any bank.
|Payment of fee||XAT registration fee||Fee per program of XLRI|
|Without late fee||1650||300|
|With late fee||2000||500|
The XAT Admit card will be released a few days before the examination. The written exam of XAT will tentatively be organized on 3 January 2021. Candidates can download their hall ticket by entering the registration number and their password. Admit card is mandatory for appearing in the exam. Admit card contains various details like personal details, time, exam date, exam centre, and important instructions regarding the exam.
- Go to the official website of XAT (www.xatonline.in).
- Click on the link, and you will be redirected to the “XAT Admit Card” link.
- Now, candidates enter the Registration ID or Password of XAT.
- Click on the “Login” button and submit the entered details.
- After login, the admit card will show on the computer screen and download it.
- Take the printout of the admit card for further process of admission.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination hall.
XAT Result will be declared in the second week of January 2021 tentatively. Candidates can check the result and score on the official website by using their login IDs.
- Go visit the official website of XAT for accessing the XAT Result.
- To check the details, enter the roll number and other required details.
- After checking the result, candidates can go further process for counselling.
On the basis of XAT Cut -off candidates can get admission in various institutions. XAT cut – off is the minimum score which is required in the qualifying exam.
|VA & LA||DM||QA & DI||Total|
- Counselling will be held via online mode.
- The candidates will be invited for counselling procedure based on the score of candidates in the XAT Entrance exam.
- Selected candidates will be invited for other two rounds, i.e. Group Discussions and Personal Interview.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on XAT Exam performance and GD/PI.
- Collect the study materials and syllabus of the exam.
- Create a time table according to you and stick to it.
- Gather the previous question papers and mock papers and solved it properly.
- Maintain your health and manage the time.
- Cover all topics of the syllabus.
- Don’t start any new topic at the last time.