CUCET Exam has been renamed as CUET Exam (Central University Entrance Exam). In this post, we have explained the CUET exam 2022 in detail, including the application form, exam dates, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
So let us get started!
CUET Latest Updates
- The CUET Application form 2022 has been released and is available on the official website.
- The last day to fill the registration form has been extended to May 22nd, 2022.
- The main aim of this exam is to reduce the burden on students who are preparing for various UG and PG admissions.
- The CUET exam scores are accepted by 47 central universities and offer 1.8 lakh seats.
- The exam will take place in multiple shifts for 7 days.
- Candidates who have cleared class 12 can apply for the exam.
- The CUET syllabus 2022 is different for each course. The major topics covered in the exam are English, General Aptitude, Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, General Knowledge, etc.
- The CUET cut off is different for each institute and is released separately by each one of them.
What is CUET Exam?
CUET, previously known as CUCET 2022, is the first mandatory common entrance exam for candidates seeking admission to UG programs provided by 45 central universities.
Candidates can get admission into various undergraduate courses provided by central universities only if they clear the exam. Therefore, class 12 marks are not important. Candidates who want to apply for PG courses can use CUET marks.
Note: International students cannot apply for CUET. However, the admission for international candidates will be made based on supernumerary.
CUET Exam 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Central University Test (Earlier known as CUCET)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||13 Languages- Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections||Section I- Language-specific section IA and Ib, Section II- Domain-Specific, Section III- General Test|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Research Programs|
CUET Exam Dates 2022
Here are the complete CUET exam dates 2022:
|Events||Dates for UG and PG|
|Exam Registration 2022 begins||April 6th, 2022 (Revised)|
|Exam Registration ends||May 22nd, 2022 (Upto 5:00 pm)|
|Last date for payment of Fee online||May 22nd, 2022 (Upto 11.50 PM)|
|Application Form Correction Window||May 25th to May 31st, 2022|
|Release of Admit card||4th week of June 2022|
|CUET Exam Date 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|Provisional CUET answer key||4th week of July 2022|
|Last date for Raising Objections against CUET Answer key||1st week of August 2022|
|Final CUET answer key||2nd week of August 2022|
|CUET Result||3rd week of August 2022|
|CUET merit list||To be announced|
|CUET Counseling 2022||4th week of August 2022|
CUET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Over 10 universities participate in the CUET exam, and each university has different eligibility criteria. The exam allows admission into three types of courses: UG, Integrated PG, and Research Programs.
Before applying for the exam, the candidates are advised to check the CUET eligibility criteria 2022 for the university they want to apply. Here are the detailed eligibility criteria.
|UG Courses||50% in class 12||Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology||General|
|45% in class 12||SC/ST|
|PG Courses||55% in UG||Must have a complete Bachelor’s degree in the same field or any associated course they want to pursue their PG degree.||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUET Eligibility Criteria For Research Programs (Ph.D. programs)
- Candidates who have qualified for the UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM, or any other national level exams need not appear for the entrance exam. However, they need to register for the CUET exam 2022.
- Candidates who have a master’s degree in any stream can apply for the exam. These candidates belonging to the general category must have scored a minimum of 55%, OBC candidates must have scored 50%, and those belonging to SC/ST/PwD must have scored 45%.
CUET Application Form 2022
- Candidates who want to appear for the exam can fill the CUET application form on the official website.
- The registrations have started and the application form is available on the official website.
- Candidates must fill in their personal, academic, and communication details.
- Once candidates have filled all the details, they must upload scanned photographs and signatures.
- Then pay the application fees via online or offline mode.
- Candidates are advised to print out the application form for future references.
CUET Application Fees
- Candidates can pay the fees via debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank in any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates do not have to pay any application fee.
- Here are the category-wise application fees:
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||INR 800 for three PUs||INR 800||INR 50||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 350 for three PUs||INR 350||INR 400|
|PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
CUET Application Form Correction 2022
CUET application form correction window 2022 will be available for candidates who have registered for the exam.
- Candidates can edit only a few details mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates can change the CUET exam center as NTA has decided to add two new exam centers.
- Candidates have a choice to cancel or edit already entered exam centers if they want to choose from the newly added exam centers.
CUET Syllabus 2022
Candidates preparing for the exam must be aware of the CUET syllabus. The complete syllabus for UG, PG, and integrated courses is here.
CUET UG Syllabus 2022
|Section I – Language-Specific Subjects||Language will be tested based on questions from Reading Comprehension passages. These passages may be Factual, Literary, and Narrative – Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary.|
|Section II- Domain Specific||Class 12th NCERT Syllabus for a specific subject|
|Section III- General Test||General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning including topics like application of basic mathematical concepts, Arithmetic, Algebra Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics till Class 8th, Logical and Analytical Reasoning|
CUET 2022 Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||
CUET Exam Pattern 2022
Here is the complete CUET Exam Pattern 2022 in detail:
- The question paper includes objective-type questions.
- Section I includes questions from Language. The questions will be based on reading comprehension.
- Section II includes domain-specific questions.
- Section III includes 60 questions from General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability and Quantitative reasoning
- The sectional time duration for each section is:
- Section I -45 minutes
- Section II- 45 minutes
- Section III- 60 minutes
- The exam will be conducted in CBT mode.
CUET Admit Card 2022
The CUET admit card 2022 will be released on the official website for candidates who have registered for the exam. The candidates must carry the admit card with them to the exam center. If they fail to do so, they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The CUET admit card will be sent to the candidate’s registered email address.
- The details given on the admit card include exam centre, roll number, exam date, timing, etc.
CUET Exam Centres
- The CUET exam 2022 will be conducted in 76 cities.
- If less than 100 students have registered for a test center, the exam centre will automatically be removed from the list. A nearby exam centre will be allocated to the candidates.
- NTA has added 2 more cities for exam centres:
- Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar
- Kasaragod, Kerala
CUET Answer Key 2022
The CUET provisional answer key for UG and PG programs will be released in 4th week of July 2022. The last date to raise objections against the answer key is 1st week of August 2022.
How to Download CUET Answer Key
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the “Answer Key” tab.
- Enter the CUET application number and date of birth.
- Go to the “Login” tab.
- Candidates can view the CUET answer key 2022 in PDF format.
CUET Results 2022
- The CUET result 2022 will be released on the official website after the commencement of the exam.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on their CUET scores.
- The concerned university will conduct the Group Discussion and Personal Interview after shortlisting the candidates.
- The authorities prepare the merit list based on the candidate’s performance in the GD/PI round. This merit list will provide admission to various UG, PG, PG Diploma, Integrated Programs, B.Ed, and Ph.D. programs in the participating Central Universities.
How to check CUET 2022 Results?
- Click on the official link. (This link will be active on the official website after the announcement of results).
- Login by entering your roll number and date of birth.
- The CUET results will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the scorecard.
CUET Merit List 2022
The universities participating will release the CUET merit list 2022. This list includes the names of selected candidates who can appear for counseling based on the cut off and rank.
Note: The minimum marks mentioned for each subject are different for each participating university.
The candidates who have been shortlisted for a different program must attend the counseling conducted by the participating university.
How to download CUET Merit List?
- Click on the official link. (This link will be active on the official website after the announcement of results).
- Click on the subject of your choice.
- The list of selected candidates and their CTET scores will be displayed in PDF format.
CUET counseling merit list will be released on the official website. All the participating institutes will conduct separate counseling for different academic programs.
Here are some key points to know about the CUET counseling 2022:
- After the results are announced, the candidates have to attend the counseling session and complete the document verification and admission process.
- Students who get admission in the counseling process are based on their rank and seat availability.
- The candidates need to register for the CUET counseling session 2022. They will be selected based on the marks scored in the exam.
- The process includes marks obtained in the written tests and interviews that will weigh 60% and 40%.
- Those who have cleared the NET/JRF/SLET/Teacher Fellowship will be exempted from the written test. The interview will carry 100% weightage.
Courses Offered Through CUET 2022
- The candidates can appear for exam to get admission into various courses offered by the central universities.
- The CUET offers UG, Integrated PG, Diploma, and Ph.D. courses.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUET.
Total number of courses offered by CUET 2022
|Name of Course||No. of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUET, previously known as CUCET 2022, is the first mandatory common entrance exam for candidates who want admission to UG programs provided by 45 central universities. The CUET exam scores are accepted by 47 central universities and offer 1.8 lakh seats.
The NTA has released the CUET Application form 2022. Here we have explained the CUET exam 2022 in detail.