GCET or Goa Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam organized for taking in admissions for Pharmacy and Engineering courses. The Directorate of Technical Education Goa conducts the GCET exams. The exam will be conducted on June 27th and June 28th, 2022 in offline mode i.e., pen and paper-based.
Aspirants can get insights about GCET 2022 including the application form, exam dates, syllabus, and exam design through this post.
|Examination Name||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||GCET|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education Goa|
|Level of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Selection Process||Through GCET 2020 Examination and Counselling|
|Exam Duration||2 Hrs|
The new GCET Exam Dates have been released now. The new GCET schedule is tabulated below:
|Availability of notification||To be notified soon|
|Starting the application form and collecting admit card||To be notified soon|
|The last date of submission of the application form and collecting admit card||To be notified soon|
|Written Exam Date||June 27th and June 28th, 2022|
|Answer key Releasing||To be notified soon|
|Announcement of result||To be notified soon|
|Starting of Counselling (submission of application form B)||To be notified soon|
GCET Application Form
We advise all the candidates to fill in the details carefully. The complete information regarding the Application Form has been given below:
- GCET Application Form will be available in offline mode.
- Candidates can download the Application Form and take a print out and fill it in their own handwriting.
- The new dates for the application form will be released soon.
- The Application Fee for the Examination is Rs 2000/-.
- Candidates also have the option to make a Demand Draft to pay the Application Fee.
- The Demand Draft must be in favor of the “Director of Technical Education”.
- The application form should be sent along with the Demand Draft and payable at Panaji.
The GCET Eligibility Criteria have been briefly mentioned below:
- Candidates should be Indian.
- NRIs with a passport can also apply under the NRI category.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) can also apply.
- There is no age restriction on the lower and upper age limits for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
- For Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences, Dentistry, and Nursing, the applicant must be at least years old as of 31 December of the year of admission.
The GCET Exam Pattern has been described below:
|Mode of Exam||Pen & Paper-based (PBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type|
|Number of Questions||75 MCQ-type questions.|
|Exam Duration||2 hours for each subject (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for every correct answer.
There is no negative marking applicable in GCET
Check the subject wise number of Questions and Maximum marks for the Particular Subjects:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GCET Syllabus will be released by the “Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education”. Every year the syllabus of the examination is similar. The syllabus will be set according to the class XII level. It is inclusive of the following subjects:
GCET Preparation Tips are essential for exam preparation. Candidates should make an efficient strategy to crack the examination. Here are the preparation tips for the GCET examination:
- Be updated with the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make separate notes for each and every subject.
- Make a timetable and study according to it.
- Give equal time to each subject.
- Do not forget to practice previous years’ question papers.
- Take plenty of mock tests.
Those who have successfully registered with GCET after submitting the application fee will be able to get their GCET Admit Card. Admit card will not be reissued if it is lost. It consists of all the crucial details about the exam like dates & timing, candidate’s name & roll number, and venue for the exam.
The authority will release the GCET Result in the online mode. The result will be displayed on the official website of the exam conducting body. The result of the examination will be released after the successful conduction of the exam. The authority will also publish the examination result in the newspaper. They won’t send the result to the candidates individually.
The Answer Key of the Examination will be released by the authority after a few days of the examination. The GCET answer key will be released in the online mode only. Candidates can visit the official website of the administration and download the answer key in the PDF Format.
GCET examination will be conducted for the candidates for admissions in courses like B.Tech. & B.Arch. Qualified candidates will get admission to various govt. and private institutions across Goa. The admission in B.Arch. courses will be offered on the basis of NATA scores.
We hope that the article helps you to solve your queries.