JEE Advanced Examination 2023: Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus & More
The official authorities have released the results for JEE Advanced 2023. Check here.
JEE Advanced Exam 2023
The JEE Advanced 2023 is a prestigious exam taken by lakhs of candidates. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is directed by the seven zonal of IITs with direction from the Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is a national-level entrance exam that is organized for engineering aspirants. The examination is organized every year on a rotational basis by IITs.
IIT Bombay conducted this national-level entrance exam in the year 2023.
In this article, the candidates will get complete information regarding the JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced Exam Dates 2023
|1||JEE Main 2023 (Computer-based test by NTA)||
To be notified soon
|2||Results JEE Main 2023 from NTA||To be notified soon|
|3||Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2023||To be notified soon|
|4||Last date for fee payment of registered candidates||To be notified soon|
|5||Admit Card available for downloading||To be notified soon|
|6||Choosing of scribe for PwD candidates||—|
|7||JEE (Advanced) 2023||To be notified soon|
|8||Copy of candidate responses to be available on the JEE (Advanced) 2023 website||To be notified soon|
|11||Provisional answer keys||To be notified soon|
|12||Result of JEE (Advanced) 2023||To be notified soon|
JEE Advanced Application Form 2023
- The JEE Advanced Application Form were available in online mode only.
- The registration process was from August, 2023 .
- Candidates could register online mode only.
- Candidates could upload their Scanned Photographs and Signature.
- It is always advised to take the printout of registration for future purposes.
Step 1: Registration for JEE Advanced
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- The instructions window will appear in front of your computer after clicking on the apply for JEE Advanced Button.
- Log in to your dashboard using your JEE Main Application Number/Roll Number or Password with a security captcha.
- Once you logged in then you need to fill following details in the application form:
- Academic Details
- Personal Details
- Communication details as entered at the time of JEE Main registration by the candidates.
- Some other important additional fields are available in the JEE Advanced Application Form, Whom Candidates need to fill out.
- Candidates can choose their preferred language for giving the entrance examination (Hindi/English)
- After that, you need to fill 5 Exam Centers of their own choice from the exam centers list.
- How many times has he/she attempted Advanced Examination?
- Candidates need to enter two alternative mobile numbers for future reference.
Step 2 – Uploading of Documents
What documents do candidates need to upload in the JEE Advanced Application Form?
- Class X certificate as proof of birth or Birth Certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent) examination certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Scribe Request Letter certificate (if required)
- PIO Card / OCI Certificate
- DS certificate
- If candidates change their name, then they need to show up their change name certificated which the Gazette officer duly attests. (only for candidates whose name is not the same as in Class X certificate)
Documents to be uploaded (Indian Candidates)
|Class X certificate or Birth Certificate||All candidates will have to submit this||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Class XII (or equivalent exam) Certificate||Candidates who have passed in 2022 and 2023.||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Category Certificate||Only for SC /ST /OBC-NCL candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|An additional category Certificate (Optional)||Only for SC/ST/OBC candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|PwD Certificate||Only for candidates who have opted for PwD as “Yes.”||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Scribe Request Letter||Only those who opted for PwD as “Yes” and Scribe Request Letter as “Yes.”||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|DS Certificate||Only for those who have opted for DS as “Yes.”||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|OCI Card/PIO Card||For those whose nationality is OCI or PIO||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
Documents to be uploaded (Foreign Candidates)
|Photograph||Required for all candidates||4 KB to 40 KB||JPG|
|Signature||Required for all candidates||1 KB to 30 KB||JPG|
|Class X or Birth Certificate||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Class XII (or equivalent) Certificate||Required only for those who have passed in the year 2022 and 2023||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Identity Proof of the Candidates||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Passport of Mother||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Passport of Father||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
|Testimonial as applicable||Required for all candidates||50 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
Step 3 – Registration Fee Payment
Once candidates complete their first two-step, they need to pay their application fee, and candidates need to be very careful. At times, the money is deducted from the account, and the application fee is not submitted. So wait for some time for the notification and status of your payment. Before processing or paying the application fee, check your applicable category, then pay the application fee.
Application Fee for JEE Advanced 2023
|Exam Centers in India|
|Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1300*|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1300*|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2600*|
|Late FEE||INR 500|
|Exam Centers outside India|
|All Candidates (SAARC Countries)||USD 160*|
|All Candidates (Non-SAARC Countries)||USD 300*|
|Late FEE||USD 80|
- The application fee for JEE Advanced 2023 could be paid online and offline.
- Credit cards, debit cards, or net banking methods could be used via online mode.
- The offline mode of payment includes the e-challan method of the State Bank of India (SBI) bank in Multi Option Payment System (MOPS).
- The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023
- Only Indian Citizens can apply.
- PIO/OCI candidates can also apply.
- the candidates should be born on or after 1st Oct 1997.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST and PWD Candidates is 5 years
- Candidates can appear on JEE Advanced exam a maximum of four times in consecutive years.
- Those candidates who appeared in JEE Advance 2023 for the first time, can also appear in the exam.
Performance in 10+2
- Like the previous year, 75% of the criteria was curbed off.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2023
|Exam Date||to be released soon|
|Number of papers||2 papers (Paper I & Paper-II)|
|No.of Attempts||2 Attempts|
|The language of Question Paper||English & Hindi|
|Exam Duration||3 Hrs|
|Question type||Multiple Choice (MCQ)
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Marking (Per questions)||Negative marking|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Marking (Per questions)||Negative marking|
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2023
Candidates could find their JEE Advanced Admit Card on the official website. Admit cards are a must to enter the examination hall. Without it, the candidates won’t be allowed to enter the exam hall. To download your Hall Ticket, follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Download Hall Ticket link.
- Enter your application number, date of birth, and Security Captcha.
- Your hall ticket will appear in front of your computer screen.
- Download your hall ticket and verify it.
- If any discrepancy exists, then contact the conducting authority.
Details mentioned on the Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2023
The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate & exam such as:
- Candidate Name
- JEE Advanced Roll Number
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Number
- Address for Correspondence
- Language of Question Paper
- Exam Center
- Examination Schedule
Discrepancy in JEE Advanced Admit Card
If the candidates find any discrepancy in the details mentioned on their respective admit cards, they are advised to contact the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT immediately. Candidates can also contact the Chairman if they face any issues downloading the JEE Advanced admit card.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2023
The JEE Advanced Syllabus comprises physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects.
Physics: General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, and Modern Physics.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, and Vectors.
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.
AAT Exam: Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination, aesthetic sensitivity, and Architectural awareness.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
Through the below-given list, aspirants can get JEE Advanced Preparation Tips and tricks.
- Try to solve more tests to be familiar with the Exam Pattern or Syllabus.
- Prepare a routine for preparation on a weekly, daily basis.
- Go through the best study materials and take proper guidance from the experts.
- Always try to solve the NCERT syllabus or review them first.
- Try to solve a lot of previous year’s question papers
- Try to take care of your health.
JEE Advanced Mock Test
Through a JEE Advance mock test, you can practice many questions that help you understand where you stand in your preparation journey. It also helps in time management. Always try and attempt to solve question papers in an environment similar to that of the exam hall. Doing so will also help you get familiarized with the exam pattern, syllabus, timings, and other details.
The key to succeeding in JEE Advanced Preparation is time management. Candidates must prepare their preparation schedule for self-study of all the relevant subjects. You need to create an efficient timetable. Always try to keep all your goals in your mind while preparing. You have to give sufficient time to study and revise the subjects.
Know Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Before starting the preparation, try to review the complete syllabus and understand the exam pattern. With the help of the JEE Advanced Exam Pattern, you can get a perfect idea about the mark distribution in each section, the marking scheme, question weightage, and the type of questions.
Study Material & Books
The most vital part of the preparation is the study material and books. Choosing the best study material can solve different kinds and levels of problems quickly. Covering the syllabus with one book is also a puzzle for the students. Before reference books, cover the entire syllabus of Class 11th & 12th NCERT book first. It will help you to polish your basic concepts.
Solved Previous Year Question Papers
A recent discussion found that 30% of questions are always asked from the previous year’s question papers. Solving previous year’s question papers is a huge advantage. By doing so, you get a complete idea about the difficulty level of the examination and the exam pattern. Solving these question papers will not only help you understand the question paper pattern but also help you to increase your speed.
One significant factor is to stay healthy, both physically and mentally. Try to make a habit of taking meals on time, take a nutritious diet and take proper sleep. Always keep your mind fresh whenever you study. Always be positive; don’t put a lot of pressure on your mind; try to stay stress-free. Take care of yourself.
Revision is an essential factor in preparation. Candidates need to keep the last two months for revising everything they have learned. One must focus on the notes and basics. Some candidates are not able to revise the entire syllabus. This results in forgetting the concepts and formulas. Hence, do not skip revision.
By following all these JEE Advanced Preparation Tips, one can stay assured about their AIR in the upcoming JEE Advanced exam.
JEE Advanced Result 2023
JEE Advanced Result 2023 is released in the form of a scorecard.
R K Shishir of the IIT Bombay zone is the topper in Common Rank List (CRL) in JEE Advanced 2023. He achieved 314 marks out of 360 marks.
Of female candidates, Tanishka Kabra of the IIT Delhi zone is the topper. She obtained 277 marks out of 360.
Candidates can view them by logging in with their Registration Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email Address. With the scorecard, candidates can also check their AIR (All India Rank) and category-wise AIR. The scorecard contains details of the candidate’s score in Paper I and Paper II, along with his/ her score in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced Counseling 2023
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the authority that organizes centralized counseling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs). After the result and cut-off are released, the seat allotment process will be conducted.
JEE Advanced 2023 is one of the country’s most challenging and prestigious exams. Lakhs of students prepare every year for this exam.
This article helps you to understand the details of the JEE Advanced Examination 2023.
We hope that this information helped you in the best way possible.
Good luck with your future endeavors!
People are also reading:
When will JEE Advanced Application Form Available?