MAT is a national-level entrance exam, and every year, lacs of students appear in it to get the college of their dreams. Due to a large number of students participating in this examination, the competition level is very high, which makes it very difficult for the students to clear this exam. Very solid preparation is required to ace this exam. In this article, you will get complete information regarding the MAT Preparation Tips 2023.
MAT Preparation Tips 2023
In order to ace the MAT exam 2023, the candidates must start preparing for the examination as soon as possible. Good preparation is the key to success for not just the MAT exam, but for any exam. We have curated a strategy for the students following which they can pass the exam with flying colors.
1. Understand The MAT Exam Pattern
- The MAT Exam is organized in three modes- CBT, PBT, IBT.
- Candidates can select the exam mode while filling the MAT application form.
- Candidates must solve the test paper in 2 hrs and 30 minutes for both online and offline mode.
The question paper consists of 200 multiple choice questions and is divided into 5 sections.
|Section||No of Questions.||Time|
|Data Interpretation and analysis||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
2. Books to refer
- Books are the oldest yet the best way to prepare for an exam. A good book can do wonders for your exam preparation. Choosing the right book is very important to score good marks in the examination. Here we have curated a list of the best MAT books which can step up your exam preparation.
|Mathematics for MBA||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Vedic Mathematics: Secrets skill for quick, Accurate mental calculations||Sumit Bose|
|Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exam||R.Gopal|
Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency for MAT Exam||Disha Experts|
|Data Interpretation guide for all competitive exam||Mohammad Khaja Shareef|
|Face to Face MAT||B.S Sijwal|
|Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Arihant Experts.|
|Data Interpretation Magical series||–|
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
|General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning for MAT||Disha Experts|
|Critical Reasoning guide||CrackVerbal|
|Concept of Logical Reasoning||Gajendra Kumar|
|English Reading Comprehension||RPH Editorial Board|
|Proficiency in reading comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you||Ajay Singh|
|Reading Comprehension Ordering of word and Ordering of sentences||Dilip Kushwaha|
|English Comprehension for MAT||Disha Experts|
|Practice Guru MAT Target Series||Practice Guru|
|Face to Face MAT with 19 years||BS Sijwali and Tarun Goyal|
|MAT 18 years topic-wise solved paper||Disha Experts|
3. Create An Effective Study Plan
- Create your own timetable for the MAT Exam and follow it properly.
- Stay updated with the latest MAT Syllabus and divide it equally as per your timetable so that every topic gets covered in your study plan.
- Collect mock papers and previous question papers from reliable sources and solve it.
- Improve vocabulary to score better in Reading Comprehension.
- Solve the latest sample papers, especially of the subject in which you are weak and don’t feel confident enough.
- Candidates need to concentrate on their timings so as to solve the mathematical questions quickly.
4. Time Management
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per their prepared timetable.
- Include short breaks between long hours of study.
- Maintain a proper schedule for every task that you do.
- Divide the time for all subjects (Language Comprehension, Mathematics, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Indian and Global Environment).
5. Maintain your Health
- During preparation, never ignore your health
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid junk food and a heavy diet.
- Practice yoga and meditation while preparing as it will help you to calm down your mind and destress.
- Never over-stress yourself and try to get a sleep of at least six to eight hours.
- Make sure you revise every topic thoroughly and revise each one of it.
- Prepare a separate revision plan for last-minute preparations.
MAT is a national-level entrance exam, and every year, lacs of students appear in it to get the college of their dreams. The competition level is very high, which makes it very difficult for the students to clear this exam. You need to prepare for the exam effectively.
Here in this post, we have explained some of the tried and tested MAT preparation tips 2023 which will help you clear the exam and get into a very nice B-school.
All the best for your examinations!
People are also reading: