The syllabus is the most important aspect of the MAT exam. A candidate who wishes to ace this exam must be thorough with the syllabus. Knowing the syllabus beforehand helps the student make a study plan and know what must be studied. The conducting authority is responsible for devising the exam syllabus.
In this article, you will get complete information regarding the MAT Syllabus 2023.
- Candidates willing to appear for the internet-based tests need not worry as MAT Exam Pattern is the same with no changes.
- The syllabus for MAT IBT mode will remain the same as other offline and online modes, major change will be in the way of taking the exam. As it will be taken from the confines of candidate’s home.
- Every section includes 40 questions presented in an MCQ format.
- Some of the best books to prepare for MAT include Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Data Analysis and Sufficiency by Arun Sharma, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Gautam Puri.
MAT Syllabus 2023
The candidates applying for the MAT exam must be updated with the syllabus in order to ace this exam. Knowing the detailed syllabus helps the student to plan their preparation strategy accordingly so that they can optimize their time and get the best out of it. The MAT syllabus has been divided into five sections for comprehensively testing the abilities of the students. The five sections are:
- Language Comprehension
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Indian and Global Environment
Section A: Language Comprehension
- Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb
- Sentence making and correction
- One word substitution
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumble
Section B: Mathematics
- Profit and loss
- Time-speed and distance
- Time and work
- Profit and loss
Section C: Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Assertion Reason
- Family Tree/Relation
- Coding and Decoding
- Analytical Reasoning
- Cause and Effect
Section D: Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Case let
- Bar graph
- Pie Chart
- Line graph
- Mixed charts and graphs
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Comparison
Section E: Indian and Global Environment
- Business Awareness
- Social Issues
The MAT syllabus was released with the official notification. You need to know the MAT exam pattern and syllabus to start your exam preparation. The MAT syllabus consists of the following sections: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis, Intelligence Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
Here in this post, we explained the MAT syllabus 2023 in detail.
All the best for your exam!
People are also reading: