Are you looking for the NMAT Syllabus? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. NMAT is a computer-based exam conducted annually, and around 50,000 students appear for it. The only mantra to crack the NMAT exam is to solve moderate difficulty questions as quickly as possible.
To ace the NMAT 2022, the candidate must be aware of the NMAT syllabus. By going through the syllabus and preparing accordingly, the candidates can have the upper hand and be ready to crack the exam with good marks.
NMAT Syllabus 2022
The NMAT paper consists of three sections viz: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. There are a total of 108 questions that are in MCQ format. The candidate gets 120 minutes to answer the questions. The section-wise syllabus of NMAT 2022 is as given below:
NMAT Language Skills
There are 36 questions in this segment, and the total time allotted is 28 minutes. This section consists of questions that can be easily solved if a candidate understands the English language and has a decent command of it. This tests a candidate’s ability to use correct grammar, rectify incorrect sentences, and their overall language skills. Generally, this section comprises 2-4 reading comprehension. The candidates must go through them and answer the questions based on them.
Topics under Language Skills
- Word meaning
- Synonyms & antonyms
- Statement correction
- Sentence error/correction
- Reading comprehension and poems
- Para jumbles
- Idioms, phrases, clauses
- Fill in the blanks
- English usage
- English grammar & vocabulary
NMAT Quantitative Skills
There are 36 questions in this segment, and the total time allotted for it is 52 minutes. A candidate must have the ability to make quick calculations accurately if they want to crack this section. Quantitative Skills comprises four prominent domains viz: Quantitative Ability, Data Analysis, Data Sufficiency, and Data Interpretation. These questions have the difficulty of the XII level. This section requires the candidate to apply their mathematical concepts to solve real-time problems.
Topics under Quantitative Skills
- Trigonometry- Trigonometric Ratios, Heights, and Distances.
- Mensuration- Areas and Volumes of rectangles, squares, triangles, circles, cubes, cuboids, cones, spheres, Coordinate geometry, 2D, and 3D geometry.
- Geometry- Angles, Lines, Triangles, and Circles, etc.
- Calculus- Maxima and Minima, Function, etc.
- Arithmetic- Number System, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Simplification, Percentage, Average, Age Calculation, Time and Work, Distances, etc.
- Algebra- Theory of Equations, Quadratic Equations, P&C, Sequence & Series, etc.
NMAT Logical Reasoning
There are 36 questions in this segment, and the total time allotted for it is 40 minutes. It is specially intended to gauge the ability of the candidate to make legitimate inferences dependent on contentions or explanations and to distinguish the qualities and shortcomings of those contentions. This segment depends on the appraisal of the candidate’s basic reasoning and dynamic capacities. It comprises theoretical, diagrammatic, or inductive thinking questions. It is categorized into two segments: Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
Topics under Logical reasoning
- Family tree
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Numeric grid
- Coding and series
- Strong arguments and weak arguments
- Venn Diagram
- Data arrangement
- Clocks and calendars
- Data Interpretation: Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart, Tables, Caselets, Combination of Graphs, Data Sufficiency, etc.
To clear the NMAT exam, the candidates must know the NMAT syllabus 2022 in detail. The NMAT paper consists of three sections viz: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. There are a total of 108 questions that are in MCQ format. The candidate gets 120 minutes to answer the questions.
Here in this post, we have explained the NMAT syllabus 2022 in detail.
People are also reading: