Going through with OJEE preparation tips will give you a fair idea of how to prepare and crack OJEE Exam. OJEE (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination) is a state-level entrance examination also known as Odisha JEE. Candidates can get admission in engineering/technology/pharmacy/MCA and 1st year of master courses in MCA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharm, M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Arch (Exe).
Through the article, get some beneficial preparation tips for the OJEE exam.
OJEE Exam Dates 2022
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Online registration process begins||March 14th, 2022|
|Last date to apply for the OJEE exam||May 10th, 2022|
|Last date for fee payment||May 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 2022|
|OJEE Exam 2022||June 2022|
|Answer key release date||July 2022|
|Announcement of Result||July 2022|
|Counselling begins||July/ August 2022|
OJEE Preparation Tips
1. Create a suitable timetable
- Create a study plan for your preparations.
- Collect information about the complete OJEE Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic gets covered in your study plans.
- Make short notes for preparations.
- Collect the mock papers and sample papers.
- All the subjects are essential, and students should give them equal importance.
- Self-belief is most important as it generates a lot of positivity and boosts your confidence.
2. Study Material
Preparation for Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal reasoning section will require candidate to focus on concepts such as comprehension of passages, sentence/text completion, grammar and vocabulary, etc.
- Read the newspapers and magazines daily.
- Read the comprehension. This section will consist of passage of four to five lines, which will have to be comprehended and answer the questions accordingly.
- Solved the sample papers and mock papers.
- This section will comprise 40 MCQs. Verbal Reasoning topics are:
|Synonyms and Antonyms||Sentence completion|
|Grammar||Comprehension of passages|
Preparation for Analytical Reasoning
- Practice the mock papers and previous question papers.
- Improve your speed.
- Cover all topics and fundamentals and prepare the notes.
- Attempt the easy question first and avoid the difficult questions.
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time in bulky calculations.
- This section will consist of 40 questions. Topics are:
|Series Completion||Selection Criteria|
|Linear and Circular Arrangements||Direction|
|Symbol Based comparison||Conditional Coding|
|Sequential Output||Venn diagram|
Preparation for General Knowledge
- Read magazines, newspapers, and other journals and procure important information.
- Read General Awareness Pratiyogita Darpan or any other current affairs magazine like CST, Chronicle, or Wizard.
- Focus on the topics like the economy, politics, international affairs, etc., within the magazine.
- Candidate must follow a national newspaper in order to keep them updated about the happenings of the world because general awareness plays a very important part of the exam.
- General Awareness is a very scoring section, and it is less time-consuming.
- Concentrate on topics like Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/ Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who is who?, Sports, Book and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations & Important Days etc.
- You can practice questions on apps while traveling, read the magazines before going to bed and revise it in the early morning
- There will be 10 questions from this section. Topics are:
Preparation for Computer Awareness
- Basic knowledge of computer and computer skills.
- Prepare all essential topics.
- Make short notes during preparation.
- It consist 10 MCQs.
|Introduction to computer||C, C++ and Data Structure|
|Introduction to operating system||Logical and verbal abilities|
3. Maintain Health
- During preparation, never ignore your health.
- Take fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid junk food and a heavy diet.
- During preparation, do yoga and meditation; it will help calm your mind and increase inner peace, confidence, and concentration power.
- Never over-stress yourself and try to get sleep for at least six to eight hours.
4. Time Management
Time Management plays a crucial role in preparation for exams. Before starting preparation, you have to create a timetable covering all your subjects/topics.
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per your prepared timetable.
- Include short breaks of 15 minutes between long hours of study.
- Maintaining a proper schedule for every task can lead you to success.
- Divide the time for all subjects.
- Make sure you revise every topic thoroughly and prepare well for every subject by revising time and again.
- Prepare a separate revision plan for last-minute preparation.
- At last revised all main topics.
Every exam requires a strategized and efficient study plan. Various methods help you to achieve that. This article presented you with the most helpful preparation tips that will help you ace this exam.