SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020 includes 2 Papers. Paper 1 will be conducted through online mode whereas Paper 2 will be in offline mode as it is a Descriptive test. Here, go through the entire SSC JE Exam Pattern before proceeding to its syllabus.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
|Particulars||SSC JE Paper-I||SSC JE Paper-II|
|Exam mode||Online (computer-based test)||Offline (pen-and-paper based test)|
|Number of sections & subjects||3 [General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil & Structural/Electrical/Mechanical)]||1 General Engineering (Civil & Structural/Electrical/Mechanical)|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with 1 correct option||Descriptive questions|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Number of questions||200||NA|
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||0.25 marks in Paper 1 only||NA|
SSC JE Paper 1 Pattern
- Consists of Multiple Choice Questions over online mode.
- Subjects of 2 sections i.e. General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness is the same for all the candidates for the SSC JE Exam, whereas in General engineering – candidates have to choose their respective subjects from Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical.
- First 2 sections analyse the candidate’s knowledge and sense of ability with the 50 questions each whereas section 3 tests the knowledge of their particular chosen subject which consists of 100 questions.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 Marks will be deducted.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Exam duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||
|General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical)||100||100|
SSC JE Paper 2 Pattern
- Paper is of 300 marks to complete within 2 hours.
- Choose any one from Part A, Part B and Part C.
- As Paper 2 is in offline mode, a candidate must bring his own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Table and Steam Table.
- NO Negative Marking.
|Paper||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam duration & time|
Paper-II – Descriptive Test
|Part A – Civil and Structural||
|Part B – Electrical|
|Part C – Mechanical|
People are also reading: