Swami Vivekananda Scholarship: Named after the great Hindu monk and philosopher Swami Vivekananda, the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship has emerged as a blessing for the meritorious students belonging to the economically backwards category. This scholarship is especially devoted to the students who are domicile of the state of West Bengal studying from secondary level to postgraduate level or even above. The scholarship scheme was renewed and redrafted in the year 2016 and has increased the benefits and the number of candidates it takes in. This scheme is funded and managed by the Government of West Bengal and the amount that is distributed as scholarships under this scheme lies between INR 45 crore to INR 2000 crore.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The prime motive of this scholarship is to help the meritorious student of West Bengal who belongs to the EWS which is the economically weaker section. To avail this scholarship, the candidate must be in either XI, XII, under graduation or post-graduation level. The scholarship works on encouraging students to pursue higher education and come out as responsible and educated members of society. In this article, you will get complete information regarding the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, its schedule, eligibility criteria, application form and other such important details.
|Conducted By||Government of West Bengal|
|Name of The Scholarship||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship|
|Rewards and Grants||From INR 1000 to INR 5000|
|Reason to Provide the Scholarship||To encourage the meritorious students of the economically backwards classes to provide them with the best education|
In order to apply for the scholarship, the candidates must stay up to date and know about the tentative schedule of the scholarship so that they can apply for it at the right time and start preparing for the same accordingly. The complete schedule of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship has been tabulated below:
|Online application starts (For New Registrations)||September 2020|
|Online application closes (For New Registrations)||November 2020|
|Online application starts (For Minority Students)||July 2020|
|Online application closes (For Minority Students)||November 2020|
The above-given dates are tentative and are subject to change. The official schedule for the scholarship is yet to be released by the conducting authority.
Only the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria devised by the conducting authority of the scholarship will be eligible to avail the benefits of the same. The candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. The complete eligibility criteria have been given below:
Domicile- The candidate must be a domicile of West Bengal
Family Income: The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed INR 2.5 lakh.
Educational Qualification: The qualification criteria vary as per the scholarship availed by the student which has been tabulated below:
|Higher secondary level (Class XII or equivalent)||
||75% agg. (Best out of five)|
|Kanyashree Applicants(K-3 Component)||
|M.Phil/NET research Students||
How to apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The application process perplexes a lot of students as they don’t know where and how to begin. The first thing that a candidate must do before filling the application form is to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly. If the candidate meets the eligibility criteria, they can proceed towards filling the application form. There are certain documents which a candidate must keep handy before starting the application process. The documents have been listed below:
- A domicile certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Admit card of the previous examination.
- Bank Passbook Copy (The first page which shows IFSC and Account No.)
- Copy of the Mark sheet of the last exam in the current course of study (Both sides)
- ID Proof (Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card/ Ration Card)
- Income certificate of the family/ Income affidavit
- Institute Verification form attested by the Head of the Institution.
- Receipt of Admission to the next class.
- Scanned Copy of Passport Size Photograph.
- The Mark sheet of the last examination cleared by the candidate
Once you have collected all the documents, you can start with the application process by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship
- Click on the category of scholarship in which you want to apply
- Register on the website by entering your basic details like name, phone number and email address.
- Once you have registered, log into the website through your registered credentials.
- Access the application form once you have logged into the website.
- Fill all the details asked in the application form very carefully as any mistake in the form can lead you application form towards cancellation
- Upload the scanned copies of your passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format which is given below:
- Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
- Size of Image & Signature – 10KB-20KB
- Now, upload other documents which are required in the form. Ensure that the documents are in PDF format and must not exceed the file size of 400KB.
- Once you have uploaded all the documents and fill the form, check it carefully for any mistakes. Correct the mistakes, if any.
- Now submit the application form and download the verification certificate for future references.
Rewards and Grants
The scholarship amount varies as per the educational level of the candidate. The details are mentioned below:
|Scholarship Name||Education Level||Amount/ Benefits|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Senior secondary||INR 1000/monthly|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||INR 1000/monthly|
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)||UG in Arts||INR 1000/monthly|
|UG in commerce||INR 1000/monthly|
|UG in science||INR 1500/monthly|
|UG in other professional courses||INR 1500/monthly|
|PG in Arts||INR 2000/monthly|
|PG in commerce||INR 2000/monthly|
|PG in Science||INR 2500/monthly|
|PG in other professional courses||INR 2500/monthly|
|NON-NET M.Phil/ PhD||INR 5000 to INR 8000/monthly|
|Technical education at college or university level||UG or PG in Engineering or other professional courses||INR 5000/monthly|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training||UF (Polytechnic)||INR 1500/monthly|
|Directorate of medical education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||INR 5000 or INR 1500/monthly respectively|
People Also Reading: