What is WBJEE 2022?
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Date of Exam||23 April, 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture|
|Number of Seats Available||34891|
WBJEE Exam Dates
Here are the complete WBJEE Exam dates:
|Official notification release||14 December, 2021|
|WBJEE application release||24 December, 2021|
|Last date to apply||16 January, 2022|
|Application Form correction window||18 January to 20 January, 2022|
|Admit Card||18 April to 23 April, 2022|
|WBJEE Exam date||23 April, 2022|
|Preliminary Answer Key||Yet to be notified|
|Challenge WBJEE Answer Key||Yet to be notified|
|Final Answer Key||Yet to be notified|
|WBJEE Results||Yet to be notified|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to register for the exam must first check the WBJEE eligibility criteria. It is as given below:
- The candidate applying for WBJEE 2022 must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate’s age should be a minimum of 17 years as on 31 December 2021. There is no upper age limit applicable for appearing in the exam.
- However, for admission to the Marine Engineering Course, the lower age limit is 17, and the upper age limit is a maximum of 25 years as on 31 December 2021.
|The candidate must have qualified class XI examination from a recognized board.||The candidate must have qualified the class XI examination from a recognized board.|
|The candidate must have cleared the qualifying exams of Physics and Mathematics along with Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as a compulsory subject.||The candidate must have cleared the qualifying exams of Physics and Chemistry along with Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as a compulsory subject.|
|Aggregate marks should be 45% in all the three subjects taken together (40% for reserved category candidates).||The candidate must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/OBC-C/PwD in the three subjects (Physics + Chemistry+ Optional Subject)|
|The candidate must have secured a minimum of 30% in XII in English.||The candidate must have secured a minimum of 30% in XII in English.|
|Appearing Candidates can also apply.||–|
WBJEE Application Form 2022
Filling the WBJEE Application Form started on 24 December, 2021, and ended on 16 January, 2022. The correction window was open from 18 January to 20 January, 2022. The candidates who wish to apply for WBJEE Application Form can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of WBJEE 2021.
- Click on the “Registration” tab.
- Enter your personal details like name, date of birth, contact details and email address.
- Press submit.
- You will receive your registration number along with your password on your registered phone number and email I.D.
- Log in using your credentials and fill WBJEE Application Form.
- Enter the details asked in the form like your domicile, category, PwD status, home district, family income, nationality, religion, and choose 3 WBJEE exam centres.
- Upload scanned copies of your passport size photo and signature in the prescribed size and format.
- Pay the application fee using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card as per your category.
- Download the confirmation page and print it for future reference.
WBJEE Application Fees
|Category||WBJEE Application Fee|
|General/ EWS||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||INR 400|
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2022
The WBJEE examination is conducted in offline mode (PBT) in two phases, i.e., two papers- Paper-I (Mathematics) and Paper-II (Physics and Chemistry combined). Brief details regarding the WBJEE Exam Pattern are given below:
- The exam will be held offline only on OMR Sheet.
- The total marks of the test will be 200.
- The questions will be of MCQ(Multiple Choice Questions) type.
- The candidates can only use only blue/black ballpoint pen.
- The question paper will comprise of three subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The total number of questions in the paper will be 155.
- In Category-I, 0.25 marks and in Category-II, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in Category-III.
The syllabus comprises of three subjects:
Check the detailed WBJEE Syllabus below:
|A.P., G.P., H.P.||Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions||Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic|
|Complex Numbers||Kinematics||Atomic Structure|
|Polynomial Equations||Law of Motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation||Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry|
|Permutation and Combination||Thermodynamics, Viscosity, Kinetics||The periodic table and Chemical Families|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Oscillations & Waves||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Binomial Theorem||Electrostatics||Coordination compounds-|
|Matrices||Current Electricity||Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics|
|Sets, Relations and Mappings||Magnetic Effect of Current||Physical Chemistry,|
|Statistics and Probability||Magnetics||Environmental Chemistry|
|Trigonometry||Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Coordinate geometry – 2D and 3D||Electromagnetic Waves||Aromatic Compounds|
|Calculus||Optics||Introduction to Bio-molecule|
- The WBJEE Admit Card will be available from 18 April to 23 April, 2022.
- The candidate can download their admit card from the WBJEE official website.
- Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- It contains information about the exam centres.
- The WBJEE Result will be released after the exam is completed.
- Candidate can check their result online mode through the official website.
- The candidates must log in to the website using their application number and password to check the result.
- The result will be released as a rank card which will contain the candidate’s ranks, total score, and component scores in both papers.
WBJEE Answer Key
- The WBJEE Answer Key will be published after the result is out.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key through online mode by making a payment of INR 500 per question via net banking/debit/credit card/e-Challan. This fee is non-refundable.
The candidates who qualify for the exam by scoring equal to or more than the minimum cut-off marks will be eligible for the WBJEE Counselling Process 2022. It is advised that the candidates check the official website and stay updated regarding the latest happenings of the counseling process.
The counseling process will be conducted via offline mode only. When registering for the counselling procedure, the candidate needs to fill their choice of colleges and programs. The whole counselling process is organized in three rounds. Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the candidate’s performance in the examination based on the merit and the preference of the candidates.
WBJEE or West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to take admissions into engineering, agriculture, architecture, and pharmacy courses in the colleges and government universities of West Bengal.
The WBJEE exam will be held on 23 April, 2022. Here in this post, we have explained everything about the WBJEE Exam in detail.
All the best for your exams!
People are also reading:
Thanks for sharing
Application form kab aayega?