SBI PO Syllabus 2023: Prelims, Mains & Descriptive Syllabus
The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts the SBI PO exam to select eligible applicants for the position of Probationary Officers (PO) in various State Bank of India branch offices. SBI PO is among the most prestigious jobs in the banking sector. Millions of aspirants all over India aspire to work there. SBI PO is a high-paying job opportunity in the banking industry.
SBI devises the SBI PO 2023 Syllabus, and it is notorious for being never-ending. It is advised to every PO Aspirants to prepare really well for the SBI PO 2023. Therefore, we have collected the most reliable and accurate SBI PO 2023 Syllabus in this article which can help the students ace this examination.
SBI PO 2023 Syllabus
The SBI PO 2023 conducts 3 Tiers – SBI PO Prelims is conducted to move to the next level while tier 2 – SB PO Mains is to assess more on the academic front to move forward to the next level. Lastly, those who clear Tier 2 will be called for Tier 3 – SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview. The syllabus of SBI PO 2023 will be different based on whether the candidate appears for Paper I, Paper II or Paper III. The syllabus of each paper is discussed below:
|Preliminary Exam||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Mains Examination||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|General & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Descriptive Test)||2||50||30 minutes|
SBI PO 2023 Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||–|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||–|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series||–|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination Probability||–|
SBI PO 2023 Syllabus for Mains Exam
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Aptitude|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||–||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||–||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||–||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||–||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||–||Number System|
|–||Data Sufficiency||–||–||Operating System|
|–||Coding and Decoding||–||–||Basic of Logic Gates|
|–||Course of Action||–||–|
|–||Analytical and Decision Making||–||–|
SBI PO 2022 Descriptive Test
- The Descriptive Paper of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
SBI PO 2023 Group Discussion & Interview
- The final stage of SBI PO Exam, in which selected candidates who have cleared the first 2 stages of the exam are eligible for this Group Exercise & Interview process.
- All 3 Tiers Qualifiers of SBI PO Exam will receive the Letter of Appointment from SBI stating the joining formalities, joining date, place of joining, etc.
SBI PO 2023 Books
English Books For SBI PO 2023
|Name of Book||Author||Buy Now|
Topic-Wise Solved Papers for IBPS/ SBI Bank PO/ Clerk Prelim & Mains
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Click Here|
Quantitative Aptitude Books For SBI PO 2023
|Name of Book||Author||Buy Now|
|Practice Book on Quicker Maths, 2nd Edition||M.Tyra, K.Kundan||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations 17th Edition||R.S Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Varma||Click Here|
Reasoning Books For SBI PO 2023
|Name of Book||Author||Buy Now|
|Test of Reasoning||Edgar Thorpe||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal||Click Here|
Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Mains
SBI PO 2023 Preparation
It is very important for the aspirants to be well versed with the syllabus of the exam, but it also important to have a well-planned strategy. We have listed a few preparation tips that will help you score higher and also help you get a step closer to your dream job.
- It is very important that the candidates solve the SBI PO Mock test regularly as this will help them have a higher edge than those who don’t. This has multiple benefits like- better understanding of the syllabus, time allotment, familiarity with the pattern, etc.
- Make sure you are very familiarised with the SBI PO Syllabus
- There are no sectional cutoffs for both the exams, giving aspirants a huge relief. Try and score highest in the stronger section.
- As there are negative marks for wrong answers, it is suggested that if you are not sure of the answer, don’t answer it.
- It is highly recommended that the aspirants read journals and newspapers to be up to date
- If one has weak communication skills, then they must work on it, as it helps in clearing the interview round very easily
- Eat well, and get a good amount of sleep, so that you don’t fall sick around the exam time.
SBI PO is among the prestigious banking exams in India. We have updated all the information related to the SBI exam. For more information, you can directly go to the official website – www.sbi.co.in/careers.
People are also reading: