IIM CAT Exam 2021 is scheduled to be conducted in the last week of November 2021, in CBT Mode(Computer Based Exam). The Exam will be conducted across 157 Cities. The application process will start in August 2021. Common Admission Test is a top level management entrance examination organized by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Indore on a rotational basis every year. For admission in MBA, PGDM, and other management courses which are offered IIMs and other top business schools in India such as SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, NITIE, etc. scorecard is required. Here candidates can get complete information about CAT 2021 Exam.
CAT Latest Update:
June 4: CAT 2021 aspirants can download section-wise CAT Previous Years Question Papers to boost preparation.
May 21: IIM Kashipur & Raipur has released the final admission & 1st Admission Merit List PGP 2021-23 respectively.
What is CAT Exam?
IIM CAT Exam (Common Admission Test) is one of the most popular exams for the Management Courses in India, Every Year the exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, and thousands of the students appear in the CAT Exam. This year the CAT Exam will be conducted by the IIM on 29th November 2021 in the CBT Mode (Computer Based Test). The Examination will be held in around 425 Centers in India. the Complete Guideline for the exam is provided in the CAT Admit Card by the authority.
CAT Exam Highlights
|Test Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducted by||IIM Indore|
|Exam type||National level|
|Periodicity||Once in a year|
|Score Availability||Last week of December|
|Pattern of Test||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Test Duration||3 hours|
|Negative Marking||+3 for every correct answer
-1 for each wrong answer in MCQs
No negative marking for Non-MCQs or TITA
|Syllabus||Questions from VARC, QA, and DI & LR|
|Mode of Conduct||Computer-based test|
|CAT 2021 Conducting body||IIM Indore|
CAT Exam Dates
The CAT Exam Dates for CAT 2021 Exam are given below:
|Notification Releases on||Last week of July 2021|
|Online Registration Starts From||1st week of August 2021|
|Last date for Registration||4th week of September 2021|
|Form Correction||To be notified soon|
|Availability of Admit Card||October 2021|
|Mock Test Starts Form||To be notified soon|
|CAT Aptitude Test||November 2021|
|Responses released||1st week of December 2021|
|Answer Key Release||2nd week of December 2021|
|Result Announcement||1st week of January 2022|
CAT Application Form 2021
Here we discuss the CAT Application Form:
- CAT Application Form available on Online Mode only.
- The Application form will available in August 2021
- The last date of filing the application form will be September 2021
- Candidates can visit the CAT official website to fill the CAT Application Form.
- Fill in the required details carefully, such as Personal Details, Educational Details, and other required details.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature.
- CAT Application form correction facility will be available from the last week of September 2021
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee online mode.
- After filling in all the details and payment take a printout of the Application form and save it for future use.
- CAT Application fee will be payable only Online Mode.
- Candidates can pay the Application Fee through a Credit/Debit Card or by Internet Banking.
|General/ OBC Category||Rs. 2000/-|
How to Fill CAT Application Form?
Candidates can follow the below step to fill the CAT Application Form.
- Visit the Official website of IIM.
- Fill the registration form carefully details like Name, Parents Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number.
- After registration is completed visit the application form link and fill in all the required details like Personal Details, Educational Details, Work Experience, etc.
- Upload your Passport Size Photograph and Signature
- After filling the Application Form pay the application fee in the online mode.
CAT Application Form Correction
To correct the CAT Application Form, candidates can follow the below step;
- Candidates can visit the official website of the authority.
- Need to login via registration number and password.
- The application correction link will be there candidates can visit there and make corrections in the application form.
- Once the correction is completed saving, submit the application form and take a printout of the application form.
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the CAT Form 2021, check out the Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks for general and 45% marks in the case of SC, ST, and PWD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age limit for CAT.
CAT Exam Pattern
Below is the Exam Pattern for CAT 2021
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours). 60minutes duration will be allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple-choice questions(MCQs), one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer, and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted. There will be no penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non-MCQs in the CAT Exam.
- The 3 section are CAT 2021: Verbal ability and & Reading comprehensive(VARC), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning(DILR); Quantitative Aptitute(QA).
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Exam Syllabus
The most desired management entrance exam in India does not have any prescribed syllabus, but based on previous year question papers and other trends below are the important topics that we need to prepare for CAT Exam. CAT Syllabus is comprised of four sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
CAT Important Topics
Here we discuss the Important topics for CAT 2021 Exam.
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude
- Number System
- Functions and Graphs
Important Topics for Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Correction
Important Topics for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Bar Graph
- Table Chart
- Pie Graph
CAT Admit Card
CAT Admit Card 2021 will available from October 2021*. Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website of the CAT. They will have to enter their Registration No and Password. The CAT Admit Card contains the detail like Candidates Name, Exam Dates, Candidates Photograph, Signature, Exam Center, etc.
CAT Exam Centers
CAT 2021 Exam will be held approx 157 cities all over India. the authority has been released the Exam Guide Line for the Exam, the CAT 2021 is scheduled to be conducted in the last week of November, Check Below the CAT Exam Centers.
|Exam State||Exam Cities|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Tirupati, Visakhapatnam, Kurnool, Chirala, Nellore, Kakinada, Guntur, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada|
|Assam||Silchar, Guwahati, Jorhat, Tezpur, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Patna, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Purnea, Darbhanga, Aurangabad|
|Chattisgarh||Raipur, Bhilai, Bilaspur|
|Gujarat||Surat, Rajkot, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand|
|Haryana||Karnal, Hisar, Panipat, Ambala, Rohtak, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu, Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Mysuru (Mysore), Belagavi(Belgaum), Dharwad, Hubballi(Hubli), Kalaburagi(Gulbarga), Mangaluru(Mangalore), Shivamogga(Shimoga), Udupi|
|Kerala||Trivandrum, Kannur, Kollam, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Ujjain, Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Satna, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Nagpur, Amravati, Pune, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad-Maharashtra, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Nanded, Nashik, Satara, Solapur, Ulhasnagar, Raigad|
|Odisha||Sambalpur, Cuttack, Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Dhenkanal, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Sikar, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu||Madurai, Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Trichy|
CAT Answer Key
After the exam is conducted, the IIM organizing the test this year will release the answer key. From the answer keys, candidates can evaluate their performance in the examination. The authority gives a facility, i.e. objection against the incorrect answer. If any answer they found wrong in the answer keys then they can object to this.
The IIM conducting the test will release the result of the exam in the third week of January 2022. Those who appeared for the CAT exam can download CAT results from the official website by entering their application number and password in the application form. In the CAT results, candidates’ scores are also mentioned which are useful for admission in the IIMs. The CAT result will be available via online mode. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to down the scorecard.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the download scorecard button.
- Fill in the required details in the resulting form.
- Click on the download button.
- Take a printout of the CAT Admit card for future reference.
CAT Cut Off
Cut off are minimum marks that are required to crack the exam. CAT Cut Off is calculated based on candidates who appeared for the examination, the difficulty level of the exam, and seat availability in the different IIMs. Every IIMs have their own cut-off, but here we have listed a common cut-off score for each category with section-wise.
|IIM||CUT OFF 2021 (PERCENTILE)|
Those who successfully clear the examination and are shortlisted for one of the IIMs and other participated institutes can go for a Counseling Process. Some IIMs also consider past academic marks and work experience while counseling. Those who are shortlisted in the written examination will go for some other test.
- Written Ability test
- Group Discussion
- Group Activity
- Extempore Activities
- Personal Interview round
The final selection is based on the performance of the applicant in all four processes. Some new IIMs conduct their own common admission process(CAP). For this, they made their own Written Ability Test and Personal Interview rounds. IIMs will be responsible for releasing the final shortlisted candidate’s list for the various items.
How to prepare for CAT?
Below are few tips for Preparation Strategy for CAT 2021 examination:
- Make a proper timetable for preparation.
- Review your syllabus.
- Try to discover your weak point and find out how to overcome them.
- Try to solve more and more problems every day.
- Try to select Best Books for CAT Examination Preparation.
- Solve a lot of previous year question papers will help you and give an idea about the difficulty level.
- Attempt mock test.
- Manage your timing.
- Stress-free and take proper rest.
People are also reading:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Regular Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
- List of Top IIM Colleges in India
- Top PGDM Courses in India
- Top PGDM Exams in India
- Top PGDM Colleges in India
FAQs Regarding CAT Exam 2021
Question: Who is eligible to take the exam?
Answer: A Candidates having Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks is eligible to take CAT Exam.
Question: When CAT 2021 Exam will be held?
Answer: CAT 2021 Exam will be held on November 21st, 2021.
Question: Can I use my coaching institute’s email address or a friend’s email address when registering for CAT?
Answer: No, Provide a valid Email ID, the authority will send all the CAT Application Form regarding information to all the candidates by mail.
Question: How Can I Pay CAT Application Fee?
Answer: Candidates can pay the CAT Application Fee by using a Credit/Debit Card or by internet banking.
Question: I have completed my Bachelor’s Degree. Do I need to submit the overall percentage of marks or as per my University standards?
Answer: Yes, You must submit the overall percentage of marks or as per my University standards.
Question: What is the Age limit to appear for CAT Exam?
Answer: There is no age limit for CAT Exam.
Question: Can I appear for CAT for practice purposes, though I am aware that I am not eligible?
Answer: No, you must fulfill the CAT Eligibility Criteria to appear in the CAT Exam.
Question: What is the Application Fee for the CAT examination?
|General/ OBC Category||Rs. 2000/-|
Question: From where can I get the list of examination cities?
Answer: Candidates visit the official website of the authority to check the exam cities list.