The national-level engineering entrance exam, JEE Main 2022, is likely to be postponed from February 2022 to March 2022. This delay in the conduct of JEE Main 2022 is due to the upcoming assembly elections in five states. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be announcing the JEE Main 2022 exam dates soon, and it is expected that the examination might be conducted in the months of March, April, May, and June. Like in 2021, JEE Main 2022 will be conducted four times amid the ongoing COVID pandemic.
What is JEE Main?
JEE Main is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the NTA for admission into the B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch./B.Plan. courses that are offered by the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology), and CFTs (Centrally Funded Institutions). Only those candidates who qualify for the JEE Main will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced. The counseling-cum-seat allotment for all the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will be organized by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA).
JEE Main 2022 Latest Updates
- Engineering aspirants took to social media platforms and demanded to have 4 sessions of the engineering entrance just like in 2021.
- They also asked for relaxation in the board examination norms. According to the guidelines, the aspirants need to score at least 75% in the board exams.
- It is expected that the JEE Main 2022 will have other relaxations with regard to the exam pattern and the students may have internal choices in the exam.
- Candidates who applied to take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced in 2020 or 2021 but were unable to attend due to COVID will be allowed to reappear directly in JEE Advanced 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||JEE (Joint Entrance Examination)|
|Known Specify||JEE Main|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate Level|
|Motive||Provide admission to the students’ IITs, NITs, and GFTIs.|
|Mode of the Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based)
For Paper 2 (Offline Mode)
|Number of Attempts Available||4|
|Times Conducted Yearly||2|
|Average Number of Applicants registration||11 Lac|
|Test Centres in India||248|
|Test Centres out of India||10|
|States that are parts of JEE Main System||Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland|
|States that accept JEE Main Score||Rajasthan, Punjab, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh|
|NTA Official Website||https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates
JEE Main 2022 notification is yet to be released. The exam schedule is tabulated below:
|JEE Main 2022 Events||JEE Main 2022 Dates|
|Application form availability||To be updated|
|Last date to apply||To be updated|
|Last date to pay the application fee||To be updated|
|Image Correction starts||To be updated|
|Application form correction||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|JEE Main Exam Dates||To be updated|
|Release date of answer key and recorded responses||To be updated|
|JEE Main 2022 Result||To be updated|
|JEE Main 2022 Registration||To be updated|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates||To be updated|
There were some concerns among the students regarding #JEE(Main)-2021 Examination during Covid. Hon’ble PM Shri @narendramodi Ji has always said that the safety, security and bright future of our students should be the highest priorities of the Education Ministry. pic.twitter.com/saSNSw2o6J
— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) July 6, 2021
JEE Main 2022 Application Form
JEE Main Registration Process 2022 is yet to be released by the NTA.
- The JEE Mains Application form will be made available only in online mode.
- Candidates could use the JEE Main 2022 Application Form correction facility to edit/change/rectify particulars in their filled application form.
- Aadhaar Card Is Required: An Aadhaar Card is not required to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- For filling up the JEE Main Application Form, candidates need to upload scanned images of images in the form, i.e. passport size photographs, signatures of candidates, and mothers/fathers/parents.
- The dimensions of the passport-size photographs should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- The size of a signature should be 3.5*1.5 cm.
- The scanned documents must be in jpeg or JPG format.
- Submission of multiple applications will lead a candidate’s application towards cancellation.
- There is no need to send the JEE Main Application Form’s hard copy to the conducting authority.
Also Check: Top 10 Tips to Crack JEE Main 2022 Exam
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||4kb to 40kb|
JEE Main 2022 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the JEE Main 2022 application fee via online mode through Internet Banking or by using a credit or debit card. The application fee for various categories and exam centers is as given below:
|Exam Center Opted||Appearing Papers||Online Mode Exam|
General/Gen- EWS/OBC (NCL)
B.E./B.Tech and B. Arch or
B.E./B.Tech and B. Planning or
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B.Planning or
B.Arch and B.Planning
B.E./B.Tech and B. Arch or
B.E./B.Tech and B. Planning or
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B.Planning or
B.Arch and B.Planning
Also Check: Top 10 Mock Test For JEE Main 2021
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2022
The candidates had the provision of modifying and editing the details of their application form. Some important details regarding the JEE Main 2022 Application Form Correction are mentioned below.
- An application form correction facility will be available via online mode only.
- JEEThe primarycorrection window provides the facility of correction in details like the change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, the city of examination, and the change in paper-2 to paper-1.
- Candidates can make changes only in certain particular fields.
- An additional fee can be paid using a credit/debit card, an e-wallet, or an e-challan.
The details which can be Edited/Modified in the JEE Main 2022 Application Form are:
- Personal Details
- Educational Details
- 10% EWS (Economically Weaker Section)
Also Check: JEE Main 2022 Complete Study Plan
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are going to apply for JEE Main 2022 must go through the JEE Main eligibility criteria first, as only those candidates who fulfill the criteria will be eligible to sit for the examination. The detailed eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2022 are given below:
Age Criteria: There is no upper age limit for JEE Main 2022 exam.
- The candidate must have passed the XII or equivalent exam in 2019, 2020, or appear in 2021 to be eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- For B.E/B. Tech, it is essential to have passed the XII/qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, and Technical as a Vocational subject.
- For B. Arch, it is essential to have passed XII with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- For B. Planning, it is essential to have passed the XII/qualifying exam in Mathematics.
- There are no minimum marks required in the XII. However, the candidates must score 75% or above to get admission into IIITs, NITs, or CFTI.
- Candidates who passed the Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2019 or before, as well as those who will appear in such an examination in 2023 or later, are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2022.
- Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2022, but they will only be eligible for admissions into IITs.
Number of Attempts:
- A total of three attempts are given for clearing the JEE Main. JEE Advanced can be attempted a maximum of two times in consecutive years. The attempt limit is the same for all the categories.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main Exam Pattern comprises a total of three papers of three hours each. The paper contains both objective and numerical questions. The three papers are for B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan, respectively. The complete details of the paper pattern are given below:
|Mode of exam||B.Tech/B.Plan – CBT mode
B.Arch – PBT mode | CBT mode
|Type of questions||Objective (MCQs) and Numerical
Subjective – B.Arch Drawing Paper
|Number of questions||75 for B.Tech
77 for B.Arch
100 for B.Plan
|Total marks||Paper 1 – 300 marks
Paper 2 – 400 marks
Paper 3 – 400 marks
|Name of sections||B.Tech – 3 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
B.Arch – 3 (Drawing, Mathematics, and Aptitude)
B.Plan – 3 (Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning Based Questions)
|Marking scheme||Correct Response – (+4)
Incorrect Response – (-1)
|Difficulty level of the exam||Easy to Moderate|
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card
The NTA will be announcing the release of the admit card for JEE Main 2022 well before the exam. Some essential pointers regarding the JEE Main Admit Card are given below.
- Only the candidates who have successfully registered for the JEE Main Examination will be able to download the JEE Main Admit Card.
- The Admit Card will be released in online mode only.
- The authorities will inform the candidates regarding the release of the admit card on their registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card/hall ticket by entering their application number, date of birth, or security code.
- If candidates discover any errors after generating their admit cards, they must contact the conducting authority.
- The admit card contains details like exam schedule, exam center details, the candidate’s roll number, etc.
- Candidates must carry an ID proof along with the admit card to the examination hall.
Also Check: How to Prepare Mathematics for JEE Main 2022?
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
The JEE Main 2022 Syllabus provides the details about the topics and chapters that will be covered in the JEE Main test papers. All three papers have different courses, so the syllabus is also different. The detailed paper-wise division of the syllabus is as given below:
JEE Main 2022 (B.E / B.Tech) – Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
|Unit 1: Sets, Relations, and Functions||Unit 2: Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||Unit 3: Matrices and Determinants||Unit 4: Permutations and Combinations|
|Unit 5: Mathematical Induction||Unit 6: Binomial Theorem and Its Simple Applications||Unit 7: Sequences and Series||Unit 8: Limit Continuity, and Differentiability|
|Unit 9: Integral Calculus||Unit 10: Differential Equations||Unit 11: Coordinate Geometry||Unit 12: Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Unit 13: Vector Algebra||Unit 14: Statistics and Probability||Unit 15: Trigonometry||Unit 16: Mathematical Reasoning|
|Section A – Theory|
|Unit 1: Physics and Measurement||Unit 2: Kinematics||Unit 3: Laws of Motion||Unit 4: Work, Energy, and Power||Unit 5: Rotational Motion|
|Unit 6: Gravitation||Unit 7: Properties of Solids and Liquids||Unit 8: Thermodynamics||Unit 9: Kinetic Theory of Gases||Unit 10: Oscillations and Waves|
|Unit 11: Electrostatics||Unit 12: Current Electricity||Unit 13: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Unit 14: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Unit 15: Electromagnetic Waves|
|Unit 16: Optics||Unit 17: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Unit 18: Atoms and Nuclei||Unit 19: Electronic Devices||Unit 20: Communication Systems|
|Section B – Practical|
|Unit 21: Experimental Skills|
|Section A: Physical Chemistry|
|Unit 1: Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry||Unit 2: States of Matter||Unit 3: Atomic Structure||Unit 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Unit 5: Chemical Thermodynamics||Unit 6: Solutions||Unit 7: Equilibrium||Unit 8: Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Unit 9: Chemical Kinetics||Unit 10: Surface Chemistry||–||–|
|Section B: Inorganic Chemistry|
|Unit 11: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Unit 12: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals||Unit 13: Hydrogen||Unit 14: Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)|
|Unit 15: P-Block Elements||Unit 16: d-and-f Block Elements||Unit 17: Coordination Compounds||Unit 18: Environmental Chemistry|
|Section C: Organic Chemistry|
|Unit 19: Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds||Unit 20: Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry||Unit 21: Hydrocarbons||Unit 22: Organic Compounds Containing Halogens|
|Unit 23: Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||Unit 24: Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Unit 25: Polymers||Unit 26: Biomolecules|
|Unit 27: Chemistry In Everyday Life||Unit 28: Principles Related to Practical Chemistry||–|
Also Check: How to Prepare Chemistry for JEE Main 2022 Exam?
JEE Main (B. Arch / B. Planning) – Aptitude Test
|Part 1||Part 2|
|People, places, buildings, materials, and textures related to architecture and the built environment are all things to be aware of. Analytical reasoning and mental ability (visual, numerical, and verbal) are required.||Three-dimensional perception: understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms, and elements; color, texture, harmony, and contrast. design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms, both 2D and 3D, union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces, and volumes. generation of the plan, elevations, and 3D views of objects. Creating two-dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms is challenging.|
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2022?
Some highly beneficial JEE Main Preparation Tips are:
- Make a proper study timetable.
- The exam pattern is very important in exam preparation; therefore, keep up to date with the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Students are advised to thoroughly prepare for the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) of classes XI and XII to score well in the examination.
- Candidates must have a good command of NCERT books as they cover a significant chunk of the JEE Main syllabus.
- Candidates must also go through the past year’s question papers to get an idea of the difficulty level of the exam.
- Practice mock tests to identify the weak areas.
- Time management is crucial. Set your timetable so that you can easily decide your study hours. Divide your time well among school, coaching classes, exercise, entertainment, etc.
- Keep yourself healthy by not succumbing to stress.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Centers
The NTA JEE examination is conducted all around the country. The complete state-wise list of exam centres is given below:
|JEE Main 2022 Exam States||JEE Main 2022 exam cities||City code|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||35|
Click here to check the complete list.
JEE Main Cut Off
The “cut off” is the minimum mark required to qualify for the JEE Main Examination. It will be released along with the main results of the JEE. The expected JEE Main Cutoff is given below:
|OBC – NCL||73-76|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||53-56|
|Scheduled tribes (ST)||43-46|
JEE Main Counselling 2022
Once the NTA JEE Mains results are declared by the conducting authority, the Joint Admission Boards will release the counseling dates. The schedule will be different for all-India rank counseling and state-level counseling.
- The JEE Main Counselling process will be done in online mode.
- To appear in the counseling process, candidates need to register themselves first.
- JoSAA/CSAB are the authorities that conduct centralized counseling for admission to NITs, IITs, IIITs, and CFTIs.
- Admission will be offered to the candidates based on their AIR and choices made by them.
- The candidates must participate in the counseling and seat allocation processes to get a seat allotted.
- The seat will be allotted based on filled choices, rank, category, and seat availability.
- Candidates need to download the provisional seat allotment letter and need to pay the seat acceptance fee.
- Once candidates pay the acceptance fee, they need to report to the allotted centers to verify their documents.
- There are a vast number of colleges in every state that also offer admission through JEE Main. To get admission to these colleges, students have to apply separately through state counseling.
JEE Main Result 2022
Candidates who will appear in the NTA JEE Main 2022 examination can download their scorecard from the official website. Here we are providing some details about the JEE Main 2022 result:
- The JEE Main Result 2022 will be released online.
- The JEE Main 2022 result indicates actual scores and ranks secured in the entrance examination.
- The result will also be published along with the All India Rank (AIR).
- Based on the JEE Main result, students will get to know if they are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced or not.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be considered for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and STIs.
- The JEE Main scorecard will not be sent to the students individually via post or offline mode.
JEE Main 2022 Official Help Desk Details
If a candidate is facing any problem regarding the JEE Exam, they can contact the conducting authorities on the details given below:
National Testing Agency
Block C-20 1A/8 ,Sector- 62
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Contact No. : 0120 6895200
People are also reading: