NEET-UG examination allows the students to take admissions in various undergraduate medical courses in medical institutions, including those governed under any other law.
NEET-UG 2022 was held in approximately 543 cities in India and 14 cities outside India. The examination is scheduled to be conducted in 13 languages, i.e., English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oria, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
NEET Latest Updates:
- NTA declared the results for NEET-UG 2022 on September 7, 2022.
- NEET-UG 2022 answer keys are available on the official website.
The categories of students who can appear in the NEET 2022 examination:
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians
- Overseas Citizens of India
- Persons of Indian Origin
- Foreign Nationals
About NEET-UG Examination 2022
The national-level medical entrance exam is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS courses for postgraduate and undergraduate programs offered by the country’s top medical and BDS colleges. NEET is the gateway of opportunities for students who are seeking to build their careers in the medical field.
This article will give you complete information regarding the NEET 2022 examination, application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Highlights of NEET examination 2022
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test|
|Examination Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Purpose of examination||Admission to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
Exam Dates of NEET examination 2022
Here we are discussing the NEET Exam Dates:
|Events for NEET 2022||Dates|
|Application forms are available online||April 6th, 2022|
|Deadline to fill out the application||May 20th, 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Deadline to pay the registration fee||May 20th, 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Correction window for the application form||Closes on May 27th, 2022|
|Extended correction window||May 27th, 2022|
|Release of NEET admit card||July 12, 2022|
|NEET exam date||July 17th, 2022|
|Timing of examination||2:00 PM to 5:20 PM|
|Release of final answer key||September 8, 2022|
|NEET result||September 7, 2022|
NEET Application Form 2022
Candidates wishing to be admitted to the top medical universities in India must apply for NEET 2022, as it is the gateway to these prestigious colleges. The candidates can quickly fill out the application form through the official website of NTA, which is the conducting authority of NEET. You must follow three simple steps in the NEET 2022 Application Form:
- Fill required details in the application form correctly.
- Upload your scanned images.
- Pay your application fee.
The candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for NEET 2022:
- Visit the official website of NTA (ntaneet.nic.in).
- Register on the website by filling in the mandatory details like personal details, contact information, qualification details, etc.
- Then, upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and impression of your index finger in the given format.
- Pay your application fee online or offline mode at your convenience.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference after successfully submitting the application fee.
NEET Application Fee 2022
- For General and OBC candidates, the application fee is INR 1500/-.
- For SC/ST & PH candidates, the application fee is INR 800/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online(debit or credit card) and offline (e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank, or HDFC bank).
NEET Application Correction 2022
The application correction for the NEET examination is done only in the online mode. The details regarding the NEET Application Correction are as given below:
- Application Correction was done in online mode only
- The official notification regarding the application form is yet to be released on the official website of NEET
- Candidates can correct some particular fields mentioned below:
- Date of birth (DOB)
- Identification Identity
- State Code
- Candidates Category
- Exam Paper Medium
- Disability Status
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Obtained in Class 12th
- Parent’s Name (Father’s & Mother’s)
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before proceeding with the application process, the candidates must check the Eligibility Criteria for the NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing in NEET 2022 are given below:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. However, an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) can also apply
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Those who belong to these states will only be eligible for the All India 15% quota. They will also be eligible to take admission in AFMC, Pune by self-declaration
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: The AADHAAR CARD is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2022
- Minimum Age: The candidate must be at least 17 years of age on or before 31 December of the year of admission
- Maximum Age: The candidate must be 25 years (for General candidates) and 30 years (for OBC/SC/ST categories) of age on the date of the exam
- Examination: The candidate applying for NEET must have qualified for the Class XII or equivalent exam
- The candidate applying for NEET must have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject
- Appearing Candidates: The candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply
- Marks Required: General candidates should score a minimum of 50%, general PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 45%, and OBC/SC/ST PWD – 40%.
NEET Exam Pattern 2022
The Exam Pattern for NEET 2022 is as given below:
- No. of Question: 180 questions
- Exam Mode: Offline mode only (pen-paper-based test).
- Type of Question: Objective type of questions.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- Exam Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Language: It will be conducted in 13 languages, with Punjabi and Malayalam being the newest additions
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries four marks
- Negative Marking: Yes, one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
Mediums of Exam
The candidates have the provision to choose from 2 official languages and nine state languages as given below:
English, Hindi, and Urdu
All States and Cities
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
West Bengal and Tripura
Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
NEET Admit Card 2022
An admit card is a mandatory document that each candidate must carry to the examination center. Without this, entry is prohibited. Only the candidates who successfully registered for the NEET 2022, were able to download their NEET Admit Card from the official website. The admit card were not made available offline by the authorities.
Details mentioned on the NEET Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Date & Timing
- Exam Centre
The candidates must check their admit cards for any discrepancies. In case of any error, the students must immediately contact the NTA.
NEET Answer Key 2022
The authority releases the NEET Answer Key one week after the result declaration, and it is made available on the official website. The authority also provides the candidates with a facility to challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer key challenged. If the candidate is proven correct, the amount is refunded to the candidate.
NEET Result 2022
The result is significant as the students can check their performance through the scorecard. NEET Result is declared through online mode only. The candidates can download their scorecards from the official website of NTA by logging in using their credentials.
The candidates are advised to take a printout of the scorecard once the results are announced so they can easily present it in the counseling process or for any other future reference. With the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI, and DCI, the authority also releases a merit list for the admission process.
NEET Cut-Off 2022
The cut-off is the minimum mark the candidates required to qualify for an examination. The candidates who score more than or equal to the cutoff will be eligible for the counseling process. The cut-off depends on various factors such as:
- The number of students who appeared in the exam
- The difficulty level of the examination
- Availability of seats
Once the authority releases the NEET result, it will be followed by the NEET Cut Off.
The category-wise cut-off for the previous year is given below:
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Cut Off Score||Number of Candidates|
|Unreserved||50th||701 – 134||704335|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40th||133 – 107||90243|
|Unreserved – PH||45th||133 – 120||266|
OBC/ SC/ ST – PH
119 – 107
NEET Reservation 2022
NEET follows the reservation policy prescribed by the Government of India. According to the government policy, 10% of seats are reserved for GEN- EWS (General Economically Weaker Section). The general candidates whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh are considered EWS. Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% of All India Quota seats
The NEET Reservation under the 15% Quota of All India is as listed below:
|Category||Seats Reserved (Percentage)|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||27%|
As per the Reservation Criteria of NEET 2021, 3% of seats for Physically Handicapped candidates are reserved for those who come under the Physically Handicapped category as per the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016. If more seats are vacant, they will be made available to candidates with locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 40%-50%.
For admission under the Physically Handicapped (PH) category in NEET, candidates are required to get a disability certificate issued from any one of the following assessment boards before the counseling process:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
NEET College Predictor 2022
With the help of the College Predictor Tool, the candidates can predict the college they may land in based on their scores. NEET College Predictor tool gives a rough idea about the probability of a candidate getting his/her dream college. It also helps the students choose the right college while registering for NEET counseling.
NEET Syllabus 2022
In a recent notice, NEET Syllabus is as same as the previous year. MCI (Medical Council of India) has prescribed the syllabus for the NEET exam. It comprises Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The authority has prepared it from the class 11th and 12th board syllabus, which the NTA, NCERT prescribe, and other state boards.
The brief subject-wise syllabus is as given below:
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and its Applications
NEET Preparation Tips 2022
The candidates who wish to ace the NEET examination must not leave any stone unturned to prepare for the same. Here we have cumulated the best tricks to pass the NEET examination with flying colors:
Check detailed NEET UG Preparation tips:
- Review the syllabus of NEET and prepare accordingly to avoid any waste of time
- Prepare a plan for daily routine and also every month and create a timetable
- Focus on only the best study material from reliable sources
- Solve previous year’s question papers
- Attempt as many mock tests as possible
- Be prepared well before the examination and avoid last-minute preparations
- Stay healthy and take proper rest during preparation
Official Help Desk Details:
Candidates can contact the conducting authority via the given address, contact number, and email ID:
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
Contact Number:8076535482, 7703859909
Email ID: [email protected]
NEET is one of the most challenging and prestigious exams in the country. Lakhs of students prepare every year for this exam.
The candidates are advised to prepare all the topics subject-wise, analyze the syllabus, and concentrate on their studies. Candidates appearing in NEET 2022 are advised to go through this NEET chapter-wise weightage mandatorily and prepare accordingly for the exam. You must have knowledge of all the concepts and topics in the syllabus in detail.
Once you cover the syllabus, you can work on mastering the chapters and your weak areas.
Good luck with your preparations!