All the candidates who have opted for the medical stream wish to clear the NEET examination. The NEET examination is the direct passage to get the most prestigious medical colleges in India. The candidates who clear this examination get admission based on the candidate’s marks and their preference.
However, there is a specific selection process that is followed for the same.
In this article, you will get complete information about the NEET Selection Process 2022.
NEET Selection Process 2020
To get admission into MBBS and BDS institutions, the candidates have to appear for the entrance exam followed by the selection process. Here we have listed all the steps that you will go through to get admission to the Participating Colleges of NEET 2022.
- Step 1: Candidates need to fill the NEET Application Form. The candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. If the candidates meet the requirements, they may proceed with the application process and pay the application fee
- Step 2: Download the Admit Card, which is necessary to appear in the NEET examination
- Step 3: The result will be declared after the successful conduction of the exam. The candidates can check their results through the official website of NEET
- Step 4: Candidates must check the cutoff, which will be declared along with the result by the conducting authority
- Step 5: If you qualify in the examination (i.e. if your score is more than or equal to the NEET Cut Off, then the candidates can register themselves for the counseling process)
- Step 6: The candidates who qualify for the examination will be called for the counseling process, and the seats will be allocated based on the marks secured by the candidates in the exam
- Step 7: Once the seat is allocated to a candidate, they must pay the seat acceptance fee. Once payment for the seat acceptance is made, they must reach the allocated college at the given time for document verification. The candidates must carry their original documents along with their xerox copies to the reporting center. Once the documents are verified, the seat will be confirmed and allocated to the candidate. The original documents will be returned to the candidate post the selection process
The merit list will be released with the result. The merit list is made based on the highest marks secured in the NEET Examination. NTA(National Testing Agency) also prepares the merit list for 15% of All India Quota. With the help of the merit list, candidates get admission to colleges or universities those offered BDS/Medical courses. The merit list is declared via online mode. If in case two candidates have similar marks in the NEET Examination, NTA utilizes a tie-breaking method for making a fair choice between both students. The tie-breaker consider the following parameters:
- First, the candidate who scores higher marks in Biology subject is preferred
- Second, the candidate who scores higher marks in the Chemistry subject is preferred
- Then the candidate who has a lesser number of wrong answers is preferred
The candidates who successfully qualify for the NEET 2022 will be called for the counseling process, which is based on their performance in the exam. For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counseling process is organized by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the Counseling Process conducted by the respective authorities. For the counseling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counseling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges. The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges. Once the counseling process is completed, the candidates must report to their allotted colleges on time for the further process.
As you know, every year lakhs of candidates take this prestigious exam. Being one of the most challenging exams, it is hard to crack it. But, a correct strategy can help you to get into your dream institute.
This article helps you to understand the selection process of NEET 2022. We hope that the information provided above helps you in the best way possible.
Good luck with your preparation!