NEET Result 2023 Released: Check Scorecard @neet.nta.nic.in
NTA or the National Testing Agency, conducted the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-UG, on July, 2023, across the country.
- NTA declared the NEET-UG 2023 results on September 2023, on their official website
- The authorities have also sent the results to the registered email ID of each candidate.
The subject-wise percentile score obtained by a candidate, total marks, NEET all India rank, category rank, etc. will be mentioned in the NEET scorecard.
NEET Result 2023
Candidates qualifying for the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat in approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India. This article will provide you with detailed insight into the NEET result 2023.
How to Calculate NEET Score and Rank?
Based on the NEET Result, a merit list is prepared, and those who score more or equal to the cutoff qualify for the exam. The candidates can also check the merit list and their rank through the scorecard. The qualifying candidates of the NEET 2023 Exam will be eligible for the counseling process.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded
- For marking the wrong option, -1 is deducted as a penalty
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula –
NEET Result Date 2023
|Release of final answer key||September , 2023|
|NEET Result 2023||September , 2023|
How to Check NEET Result 2023?
The candidates must follow the steps given below to check their NEET Result 2023:
- Visit the official portal.
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result.
- A new window will open. Enter your roll number, date of birth & verification code.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, the result will appear on the screen.
- Take a printout copy of the result for future reference.
Details mentioned in the NEET Score Card
The NEET scorecard is valid for one year only. Following are the details mentioned in the NEET Scorecard:
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents’ Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank – All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank, and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counseling under All India Seats 2023|
NEET Tie Breaker
- Higher marks secured in Biology in NEET are preferred
- If the tie persists, a candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET is preferred
- If the tie persists, candidates with fewer wrong answers are taken into consideration
- If the tie persists, candidates older in age are preferred for merit ranking
NEET Answer Key
The NEET Answer Key is released one week after the successful conduction of the examination. The answer key is released via online mode only. The authority also provides the candidates with a facility to challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer key. If the candidate is proven correct, the amount is refunded to the candidate.
NEET Merit List
The merit list is released with the result. The merit list is based on the highest marks in the NEET Examination. NTA(National Testing Agency) also prepares the merit list for 15% of the All India Quota. With the help of the merit list, candidates get admission to colleges or universities that offers BDS/Medical courses. The merit list is declared via online mode. If two candidates have similar marks in the NEET Examination, NTA utilizes a tie-breaking method for making a fair choice between both students. The tie-breaker considers the following parameters:
- First, the candidate who scores higher marks in Biology subject is preferred.
- Second, the candidate who scores higher marks in the Chemistry subject is selected.
- Then the candidate who has a lesser number of wrong answers is chosen.
NEET Counseling 2023
Here are some major takeaways regarding NEET counseling 2023:
- The candidates who successfully qualify for the NEET 2023 will be called for the counseling process based on their exam performance.
- For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counseling process will be organized by the MCC of the Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) online.
- Those who do not fall in the above category will proceed with the NEET Counseling Process conducted by the respective authorities.
- For the counseling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counseling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges.
- The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges.
- Once the counseling process is completed, the candidates must report to their allotted colleges on time for the further process.
NEET is one of the most challenging and prestigious exams in the country. Lakhs of students prepare every year for this exam.
This article provides you with in-depth information regarding NEET result 2023. We hope that this information helps you in the best way possible.
Good luck with your preparations!
People are also reading: