NTA or the National Testing Agency had conducted the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET-UG on September 12, 2021, in 202 cities and 3858 centers.
- NTA has declared the NEET-UG 2021 results on November 1, 2021, on their official website
- The authorities have also sent the results to the registered email ID of each candidate
The subject-wise percentile score obtained by a candidate, total marks, NEET all India rank, category rank, etc. will be mentioned in the NEET scorecard.
Candidates qualifying for the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat in approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India. This article will provide you with detailed insight into the NEET result 2021.
How to Calculate NEET Score and Rank?
Based on the NEET Result, a merit list is prepared, and those who score more or equal to the cutoff qualify for the exam. Through the scorecard, the candidates can also check the merit list and their rank. The qualifying candidates of the NEET 2021 will be eligible for the counseling process.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded
- For marking the wrong option, -1 is deducted as a penalty
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula –
NEET 2021 Result Date
|Release of final answer key||November 1, 2021|
|NEET Result 2021||November 1, 2021|
How to Check NEET Result 2021?
The candidates must follow the steps given below to check their NEET Result 2021:
- Visit the official portal.
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result.
- A new window will open. Enter your roll number, date of birth & verification code.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, the result will appear on the screen.
- Take a printout copy of the result for future references.
Details mentioned in the NEET Score Card
The NEET scorecard is valid for one year only. Following are the details are mentioned in the NEET Scorecard:
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank – All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank, and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counseling under All India Seats 2021|
NEET Tie Breaker
- Higher marks secured in Biology in NEET is preferred
- If the tie persists, a candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET is preferred
- If the tie persists, candidates with fewer wrong answers is taken into consideration
- If the tie persists, candidates older in age is preferred for merit ranking
NEET Answer Key
The NEET Answer Key is released one week after the successful conduction of the examination. The answer key is released via online mode only. The authority also provides the candidates with a facility to challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer key challenged. In case the candidate is proven correct, the amount is refunded to the candidate.
NEET Merit List
The merit list is released with the result. The merit list is made based on the highest marks secured in the NEET Examination. NTA(National Testing Agency) also prepares the merit list for 15% of All India Quota. With the help of the merit list, candidates get admission to colleges or universities that offers BDS/Medical courses. The merit list is declared via online mode. If in case two candidates have similar marks in the NEET Examination, NTA utilizes a tie-breaking method for making a fair choice between both students. The tie-breaker consider the following parameters:
- First, the candidate who scores higher marks in Biology subject is preferred.
- Second, the candidate who scores higher marks in the Chemistry subject is selected.
- Then the candidate who has a lesser number of wrong answers is chosen.
NEET Counseling 2021
The Fresh revised Result for Round-1 of NEET-UG counseling procedure 2021 has been uploaded on the MCC website. Click here for the official notification.
Here are some major takeaways regarding NEET counseling 2021:
- The candidates who successfully qualify for the NEET 2021 will be called for the counseling process, which is based on their performance in the exam.
- For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counseling process will be organized by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
- Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the NEET Counseling Process conducted by the respective authorities.
- For the counseling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counseling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges.
- The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges.
- Once the counseling process is completed, the candidates must report to their allotted colleges on time for the further process.
NEET is one of the most challenging and prestigious exams in the country. Lakhs of students prepare every year for this exam.
This article provides you with in-depth information regarding NEET result 2021. We hope that this information helps you in the best way possible.
Good luck with your preparations!