NEET Result 2021 is expected to be released by the 4th week of August 2021. Candidates will be able to download their results from the official website – ntaneet.nic.in. NEET results will be available in the scorecard format and will not be sent via posts.
NEET Latest Updates:
June 2: NTA has launched NEET official website 2021 and the online application process to start soon at neet.nta.nic.in.
June 1: Class 12 exams have been canceled, however, the updates related to NEET 2021 examination are expected soon.
- The subject-wise percentile score obtained by a candidate, total marks, NEET all India rank, category rank, etc. will be mentioned in the NEET scorecard.
- NEET 2021 Counselling will start in September 2021.
- Candidates qualifying for the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat in approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India.
How to Calculate NEET Score and Rank?
Based on the NEET Result, a merit list will be prepared, and those who score more or equal to the cutoff will qualify for the exam. Through the scorecard, the candidates can also check the merit list and their rank. The qualifying candidates of the NEET 2021 will be eligible for the counseling process.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded.
- For marking the wrong option, -1 is deducted as a penalty.
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option.
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula –
NEET 2021 Result Date
|Application forms available online||1st week of July 2021|
|Deadline to fill the application||3rd week of July 2021|
|Deadline to pay the registration fee||3rd week of July 2021|
|Correction window for the application form||To be notified soon|
|Extended correction window||To be notified soon|
|Release of NEET admit card||4th week of July 2021|
|NEET exam date||August 1, 2021|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be notified soon|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified soon|
|NEET result||To be notified soon|
How to Check NEET Result?
The candidates must follow the steps given below to check their NEET Result 2021:
- Visit the official portal. (nta.ac.in).
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result.
- A new window will open. Enter your roll number, date of birth & verification code.
- Then click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, the result will appear on the screen.
- Take a printout copy of the result for future references.
Details mentioned in the NEET Score Card
The NEET scorecard is valid for one year only. Following are the details are mentioned in the NEET Scorecard:
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank – All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank, and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counseling under All India Seats 2021|
NEET Tie Breaker
- Higher marks secured in Biology in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, a candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, candidates with fewer wrong answers will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie persists, candidates older in age will be preferred for merit ranking.
NEET Answer Key
The NEET Answer Key will be released one week after the successful conduction of the examination. The answer key will be released via online mode only. Students will get a rough idea regarding the marks they have secured with the help of the answer key. The authority also provides the candidates with a facility to challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer key challenged. In case the candidate is proven correct, the amount is refunded to the candidate.
NEET Merit List
The merit list will be released with the result. The merit list is made based on the highest marks secured in the NEET Examination. NTA(National Testing Agency) also prepares the merit list for 15% of All India Quota. With the help of the merit list, candidates will get admission to colleges or universities those offered BDS/Medical courses. The merit list will be declared via online mode. If in case two candidates have similar marks in the NEET Examination, NTA utilizes a tie-breaking method for making a fair choice between both students. The tie-breaker consider the following parameters:
- First, the candidate who scores higher marks in Biology subject is preferred.
- Second, the candidate who scores higher marks in the Chemistry subject is preferred.
- Then the candidate who has a lesser number of wrong answers is preferred.
- The candidates who successfully qualify for the NEET 2021 will be called for the counseling process, which will be based on their performance in the exam.
- For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counseling process will be organized by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
- Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the NEET Counselling Process conducted by the respective authorities.
- For the counseling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counseling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges.
- The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges.
- Once the counseling process is completed, the candidates must report to their allotted colleges on time for the further process.